• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need direction in adding pokemon to pkmn platinum

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    First off, Happy Thanksgiving for those of you that celebrate it!

I'm interested in making a game of pkmn platinum that has all 807 pkmn. Can someone point me in the right direction of doing so? I'm aware that it is a lot of work, but I'd like to do it. I'd eventually maybe fix the trainer levels, and add npcs/items for evolution. I'd also like to have all of the pkmn have the correct cries, and the correct entries in the pokedex.

If someone can point me in the right direction I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

I should also add that I want to make it for the DS, not GBA.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Sweet! How would I go about adding them and adding their pokedex entries? I've tried looking at the nds hacking thread, but I didn't find anything.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Thanks! I'll take a look at the post. I know some c++, and I'm going to school for programming, so I know how tedious these things can be lol. I appreciate the help, and hopefully I'll be able to get some things done.

Delta231

A noob
    Years
  • Thanks! I'll take a look at the post. I know some c++, and I'm going to school for programming, so I know how tedious these things can be lol. I appreciate the help, and hopefully I'll be able to get some things done.

You should know how to use a hex editor and for finding the offsets for Platinum just copy the bytes from respected offsets (give in tutorial) and find them in Platinum. You would find the appropriate offset and do what the tutorial has said (offsets would be different of course).

Back