• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Former game protagonist possible canon Pokemon

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
  • Hey poke lady and gents. I'm in the process of finally beating ultra moon and just defeated red and it made me wonder why other protagonist never made it on to any other games except for red. And Looking at reds roster it's the Pokemon he gets through out rby. For example reds Pokemon are the gift Pokemon he got in game so his lapras is the one he gets from saffron, his espeon(assumed) is the one from Celedon. And he probably got a aerodactlye and one of the other fossils. So for the sake of discussion let's say other protagonist showed up in a future game , going with what info the game has given us what do you believe the cannon party for most of the games protagonist.
    For example gold/Ethan
    I think gold would have typhlosion( I think crystal takes meganuim silver takes feraligator)
    Togekiss( from oak egg)
    Umbreon(from bill in goldenrod not espeon to not have same poke as red)
    Sudowoodo (snorlax of gen)
    Suicune (had to catch in crystal part of story)
    Tyrouge(gift from dojo guy evolved to one of the hitmons)
    And shuckle for the giggles lol.

What do you guys think let's keep this going lol

Years
  • Hiya! I've moved this over to PGC since I believe it fits better here.

That said though, I believe a large part of the reason for Red's inclusion is simply because he's one of, if not the most recognizable protagonist in the series. At the very least, he's the protagonist that reasonates the most with the older crowd that has played through RBY and GSC, and even if you got into Pokemon rather late, he still appears in HGSS and even B2W2 in PWT.

Not to mention that Red and Green are pretty much the most recognizable duo at this point to battle. While personally, I wouldn't mind any other characters making appearances, it's hard to build a case for them doing so. At least an excuse can be made that Red and Blue are traveling Pokemon Champions, but every protagonist after that seems pretty content living in their own region.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • Hiya! I've moved this over to PGC since I believe it fits better here.

That said though, I believe a large part of the reason for Red's inclusion is simply because he's one of, if not the most recognizable protagonist in the series. At the very least, he's the protagonist that reasonates the most with the older crowd that has played through RBY and GSC, and even if you got into Pokemon rather late, he still appears in HGSS and even B2W2 in PWT.

Not to mention that Red and Green are pretty much the most recognizable duo at this point to battle. While personally, I wouldn't mind any other characters making appearances, it's hard to build a case for them doing so. At least an excuse can be made that Red and Blue are traveling Pokemon Champions, but every protagonist after that seems pretty content living in their own region.

Yea I don't think any other protagonist will come back anytime soon either especially since they didn't show up for the 20th anniversary. This was more of what ifs like for example let's say if we faced may in a future game and the rules of the Pokemon the former protagonist has is the same rules as red (aka gift Pokemon he received throughout the game) then I would say may would have a blazekin a metagross
    And cause of oras a mega Latias. Going by that logic what do you think each protagonist main party would be ?

Years
  • Oof, that's hard to say!

Red's team is easy because he's mostly based off his anime counterpart. I don't watch the anime anymore, so I can't really say with certainty what the other protagonists' teams would really be. u.u

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • There's a person on Youtube named Mr. Buddy doing a series on this. You should watch those.

But, anyway, I'm not really sure what any of the main protagonist's canon teams would be if they /were/ able to be battled.
    But, tbh, I do think the protagonist teams would consist of starter Pokemon, gift Pokemon, and Pokemon that were obstacles. Ie, May/Brendan having Kecleon, for example.

Back