• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Pokémon as a Roleplay Setting

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    Interesting article! I used to be super into Pokemon RPing, and that was what introduced me to the concepts of other types of roleplays (like tabletop and LARPing, which I have little to no experience in but still find pretty nifty). This was a really good 101-level explanation of text-based roleplay and the different types that exist, and also shows a bit of the appeal.

That said, for an article titled "Pok?mon as a Roleplay Setting," only a third of the article actually discusses Pokemon RPs. I would have liked to see examples of types of Pokemon roleplays (like trainer, Chosen One, fantasy, etc.) and more detail about what the appeal is and what to expect from a Pokemon RP. I was hoping the article would get me excited about participating and inspire me to get back into it, so I was a bit disappointed that it was mostly just a basic explanation of the concept. I was also kind of hoping the article would discuss Pokemon tabletop RPing based on the title.

Overall, it was a solid article that lays out the basic idea of text-based RPing for beginners, but I'm not sure if it would inspire newbies to try RPing, or if readers with a more advanced knowledge of RPing would get a lot out of it. You're clearly really knowledgeable on the subject, so I would love to see this as the first article in a series that goes into more depth about Pokemon roleplaying!

~Psychic

Years
  • Interesting article! I used to be super into Pokemon RPing, and that was what introduced me to the concepts of other types of roleplays (like tabletop and LARPing, which I have little to no experience in but still find pretty nifty). This was a really good 101-level explanation of text-based roleplay and the different types that exist, and also shows a bit of the appeal.

That said, for an article titled "Pok?mon as a Roleplay Setting," only a third of the article actually discusses Pokemon RPs. I would have liked to see examples of types of Pokemon roleplays (like trainer, Chosen One, fantasy, etc.) and more detail about what the appeal is and what to expect from a Pokemon RP. I was hoping the article would get me excited about participating and inspire me to get back into it, so I was a bit disappointed that it was mostly just a basic explanation of the concept. I was also kind of hoping the article would discuss Pokemon tabletop RPing based on the title.

Overall, it was a solid article that lays out the basic idea of text-based RPing for beginners, but I'm not sure if it would inspire newbies to try RPing, or if readers with a more advanced knowledge of RPing would get a lot out of it. You're clearly really knowledgeable on the subject, so I would love to see this as the first article in a series that goes into more depth about Pokemon roleplaying!

~Psychic

I'll think about expanding into the different sub-types of RPing specific to Pokemon then if there's support for the idea!

Back