• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Name a pokemon and give one reason why you dislike it. The next person tries to justify why you should like it.

Years
  • Yeah, I'll admit the design isn't really my style either, Tepig is much more appealing to me than Pignite. But when I learned more about why this Pokemon looks the way it does I got kinda intrigued, because I think the developers have actually a really interesting idea behind it on their hands, and think it's design at least makes some sense in context.

The emboar evolutionary line seems to take it's inspiration from Chinese literature, particular the character Zhu Bhajie from Journey to the West. He was a warrior in heaven who loved to flirt with the ladies, and foolishly offended the Moon goddess by doing this once and was kicked out of the heavenly army by the Jade emperor, and fell into pig well on earth and was so cursed to be a half man, half pig beast. So his appearance is intended to be off-putting, He's often making mistakes, and reproached as this clumsy, hapless but loveable fool, so I think even if Pignite looks goofy it all goes to a theme. So maybe you could grow to like it, or at least hate it less keeping it's origins in mind, because few Pokemon don't have quite as interesting a story to tell as this one.

Magmortar I think is over-designed.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I don't think it's overdesigned. Idk, I've always just kinda liked Magmortar, but not for a specific reason.

I was never a fan of Granbull. I hate how it's always described in the dex as "cute" when it clearly isn't.

Back