• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

fakemon ideas for these types for my kyou region

Years
  • *first of all, though.... please let me know if it doesn't go here... please do let me know...*

normal/ghost

normal/steel

fire/fairy

electric/fighting

ice/poison

fighting/fairy

poison/steel

bug/dragon

rock/ghost

Poison/Electric

Poison/Fairy

Rock/Ghost

Bug/Ice

Fire/Ice

Electric/Dark

Dark/Fairy

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    You can try to make a regional form Fire/Ice Magmar line based off of the "snow monsters" in Mount Zao.

Years
  • You can try to make a regional form Fire/Ice Magmar line based off of the "snow monsters" in Mount Zao.

oooh!

how would that work, i wonder, though? 👍 i've been trying to look for pics of them.... i'm not having much luck... i mean, i typed in ''Mount Zao snow monsters'' but i'm not sure how to identify them... unless they really are like this -
    Spoiler:
    - https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2020/01/juhyo-the-snow-monsters-on-japans-mount-zao/605329/

maybe i could include mount zao into my region... with a different name.. :>

& how would magby & magmorter be, type-wise? :>

Last edited:
    Years
  • how would magby & magmortar be, type-wise? :>
    I believe still Fire/Ice would make sense. Regarding to the typings in OP, I have no idea on what pokémon that have at least a small connection to Tohoku you could add.

But maybe, you could create a legendary trio that has its legendary pokémon spawn here.

Years
  • I believe still Fire/Ice would make sense. Regarding to the typings in OP, I have no idea on what pokémon that have at least a small connection to Tohoku you could add.

But maybe, you could create a legendary trio that has its legendary pokémon spawn here.

ooh! i already have 2 leganderies.. & a mythical.... but a couple of regions have at least one legandery trio, don't they :>

that's a good idea :>

i know you said you have no idea about the typings... but what types would work, do you think? :>

maybe i could put Three Mountains of Dewa in my region, someplace, with a different name :>

Years
  • My computer is destroying itself right now, but I have managed to do my researches on Wikipedia and The Hidden Japan. I have thought of three legendary pokémon, each one for each mountain.

• Mount Haguro hosts a legendary fox pokémon, symbol of fertility and agriculture. It may be a Fairy and Grass type pokémon. It was considered to be the patron of merchants.

• Mount Gassan hosts a legendary fish. It was harder to chose for this one as the mountain is tied with the moon kami, but in the legends, the deity created food by spitting a fish in the ocean. This fish represents moon, and may be Water and Ghost type, where the Ghost type represents the dead creatures that are said to populate the mountain.

• Mount Yudono hosts a legendary dragon dressed as a monk. People here worship (that may not be the correct word) a rock gushing hot water. I have chosen a dragon as I have found a few photos of dragon-like statues, and thus I have decided to mix the two objects together. The pokémon could be Dragon and Rock.

I have had much fun researching through Japanese history. I think I will keep doing my researches.

Last edited:
    Years
  • My computer is destroying itself right now, but I have managed to do my researches on Wikipedia and The Hidden Japan. I have thought of three legendary pokémon, each one for each mountain.

• Mount Haguro hosts a legendary fox pokémon, symbol of fertility and agriculture. It may be a Fairy and Grass type pokémon. It was considered to be the patron of merchants.

• Mount Gassan hosts a legendary fish. It was harder to chose for this one as the mountain is tied with the moon kami, but in the legends, the deity created food by spitting a fish in the ocean. This fish represents moon, and may be Water and Ghost type, where the Ghost type represents the living creatures that are said to populate the mountain.

• Mount Yudono hosts a legendary dragon dressed as a monk. People here worship (that may not be the correct word) a rock gushing hot water. I have chosen a dragon as I have found a few photos of dragon-like statues, and thus I have decided to mix the two objects together. The pokémon could be Dragon and Rock.

I have had much fun researching through Japanese history. I think I will keep doing my researches.

oohh! i like that :>

although, one of the main duo legandery pokemon of the region, Adherra is grass/fairy... & the other of the main duo legandery pokemon is a dragon - Drachaos

unless you mean, something like the lake guardians? - https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lake_guardians

if so, i think i can come up with a design for them :>

Last edited:
    Years
  • I like those pokémon. I think there's no problem in reusing them as those legendaries, although the connections with real life mythology would be less.

Years
  • I like those pokémon. I think there's no problem in reusing them as those legendaries, although the connections with real life mythology would be less.

i was really using the lake guardians as as example :>

i mean like how there's dialga & palkia for the main duo... & then there's the lake guardians as a trio :>

i suppose there can be 2 grass/fairy types in my region, though, with what you said :3
    Mount Haguro hosts a legendary fox pokémon, symbol of fertility and agriculture. It may be a Fairy and Grass type pokémon. It was considered to be the patron of merchants.

Mount Gassan hosts a legendary fish. It was harder to chose for this one as the mountain is tied with the moon kami, but in the legends, the deity created food by spitting a fish in the ocean. This fish represents moon, and may be Water and Ghost type, where the Ghost type represents the living creatures that are said to populate the mountain.

Mount Yudono hosts a legendary dragon dressed as a monk. People here worship (that may not be the correct word) a rock gushing hot water. I have chosen a dragon as I have found a few photos of dragon-like statues, and thus I have decided to mix the two objects together. The pokémon could be Dragon and Rock.

Last edited:
    Years
  • If I recall correctly, Dialga and Palkia form a legendary trio called "Creation trio" with Giratina, as they are all sons of Arceus who created them and gave each of them a different role (time for Dialga, space for Palkia and antimatter for Giratina)

Years
  • If I recall correctly, Dialga and Palkia form a legendary trio called "Creation trio" with Giratina, as they are all sons of Arceus who created them and gave each of them a different role (time for Dialga, space for Palkia and antimatter for Giratina)

oh yeah.. that's right, they do :>

the lake guardians are also a trio & also are part of sinnoh... :>

Years

• Mount Gassan hosts a legendary fish. It was harder to chose for this one as the mountain is tied with the moon kami, but in the legends, the deity created food by spitting a fish in the ocean. This fish represents moon, and may be Water and Ghost type, where the Ghost type represents the dead creatures that are said to populate the mountain.

grass/fairy fox :D
    Spoiler:

it & the other 2 float, like the lake guardians? :>

i'm still thinking/looking for/of a design for the other 2 :>

Last edited:
    Years
  • It is great, haha! I don't think it really matters if they float or not. Update me on your drawings as soon as you have other drawings.

Years
  • It is great, haha! I don't think it really matters if they float or not. Update me on your drawings as soon as you have other drawings.

sure :3

i think i'd like them to float, though... every now & then :D

i'm currently working on the fish :3

edit at 10:53 pm: finished the water/ghost fish :D
    Spoiler:

working on the dragon one now :> how did it mean ''dressed as a monk'', though? 😕 does it mean actually dressed in a monk robe? ...

Last edited:
    Years

3rd one *dragon/rock type* :> -
    Spoiler:

how did it mean ''dressed as a monk'', though? 😕 does it mean actually dressed in a monk robe? ... if so, i made do with just the belt :>

Last edited:
    Years
  • how did it mean ''dressed as a monk'', though? 😕 does it mean actually dressed in a monk robe? ... if so, i made do with just the belt :>
    Haha, it's good as it is. I had the monk idea by seeing some of the mummified buddhas (which I don't recommend searching if you're susceptible) on the mountain. But the belt already gives the idea, so it's perfect.

Back