• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question from new player

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2018
    I tried to play pokemon once before but time kept me from really getting to dive in. I bought a new nintendo DS and I'm trying to decide between ultra moon and omega ruby as those are the two I purchased with it. I won't be likely to go back and play any of the older ones except maybe XY.

I'm still very new so any input is welcome!

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • I think you meant Nintendo 3DS as the console that supports these versions? But anyways, you own the two games, right? I'd recommend start with Omega Ruby, not only because of the older release date, but also because it's an easier game overall than Ultra Moon. I had a pretty tough time beating USUM, so if you're a new player to Pokémon I would say play the casual ones first.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2018
    Awesome, thank you. If I remember correctly, I would be able to transfer pokemon from one game to another, is that still the case? Or does it even matter really?

Back