• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can event ribbons be hacked?

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2019
    So without having to go through a hack check, some quick input would be appreciated.

Recently, this happened. I posted this on Serebii forums:

Hello, I need help determining if my Pokemon is hacked. I just acquired a Shiny Diancie. I've looked at the event page and everything is right, except its Shiny.
    The pokemon in question:

Shiny Diancie, OT Hope, ID 07245, Cherish Ball, Classic Ribbon, Lv 50. From Hoenn.

According to the event database, this version isn't Shiny. But everything else checks out. Is it possible to hack ribbons onto a Pokemon? The shiny Diancie is suppose to have ID 12125 and OT ポケセン according to the event page. Any input would be appreciated.

I feel like this Diancie could be hacked because I know events are shiny locked except for what is meant to be shiny. I know people found a way to delete event ribbons. Is it possible to add them? And if not, how can this Diancie be shiny with the event ribbon?

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    So without having to go through a hack check, some quick input would be appreciated.

Recently, this happened. I posted this on Serebii forums:

Hello, I need help determining if my Pokemon is hacked. I just acquired a Shiny Diancie. I've looked at the event page and everything is right, except its Shiny.
    The pokemon in question:

Shiny Diancie, OT Hope, ID 07245, Cherish Ball, Classic Ribbon, Lv 50. From Hoenn.

According to the event database, this version isn't Shiny. But everything else checks out. Is it possible to hack ribbons onto a Pokemon? The shiny Diancie is suppose to have ID 12125 and OT ポケセン according to the event page. Any input would be appreciated.

I feel like this Diancie could be hacked because I know events are shiny locked except for what is meant to be shiny. I know people found a way to delete event ribbons. Is it possible to add them? And if not, how can this Diancie be shiny with the event ribbon?

iirc then yeah, you can add ribbons in pkhex which means it may be a convincing fake, or they simply loaded the event data into pkhex and ticked the shiny box.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2019
    iirc then yeah, you can add ribbons in pkhex which means it may be a convincing fake, or they simply loaded the event data into pkhex and ticked the shiny box.

Thanks for the reply. I don't really understand much about how they're able to do it, but I stumbled upon a website that sells customized(hacked) events, new and old that are no longer available. Surprised Nintendo hasn't shut the site down. I figured it was hacked, but just wanted confirmation. Cant even trust event Pokemon either :T
    Thanks again, much appreciated.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    it's unfortunate, but the only way to be sure something isn't hacked is by acquiring it from a legitimate source yourself, otherwise there's always the possibility it's hacked. ive definitely had hacks through wonder trade, and i don't delete them, i just like leave them in my boxes.

Back