• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Episode Discussion] "Aim to be a Pokemon Master" thread

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    So, since Ash Ketchum is leaving very soon this year, I thought I might make a thread on "Aim to be a Pokemon Master", which discusses all 11 episodes of it! Did you like the storyline so far?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • No I haven't. I think the only one I've liked thus far, was when Misty rejoined. There was actual development. Every other episode so far has been a copy and paste of each other or things we've gotten in the past. What they should have done is not just make it pokemon, but also his other companions so that they could develop a little as well.

It was so far from the idea many envisioned and how they marketed it. I wasn't expecting battles the entire time. I think he already proved himself that was. But I was expecting actual development between him and his friends. Maybe evolve older pokemon and become friends with Team Rocket. But his Dad hasn't showed up, after being teased in the special.

Years
  • I like this a lot. So happy we got to see Cilan again, I had pretty much lost hope by this point! ❤️ And I didn't realize how much I missed Misty and Brock lol.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    How do you all feel about Ash leaving in a few more days (March 24)?

A little sad. But I'm predicting Ash's final episode will be open-ended. He'll continue to travel the Pokemon world with Pikachu, but any further adventures won't be viewed by us. I hope everyone understands what I mean.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    What an absolute nothing of an ending, in that they reset the status quo and chucked him back out into the wild.

PM136 was a more definitive ending than this.

Absolutely lol at "Pokemon Master" being the same thing Ash said every time he was asked what his dream was.
    And people laughed and said "no way, it's something more than that, surely?"

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Discuss Ash's final episode titled "The Rainbow and the Pokemon Master" here!
    PS:I'm feeling very emotional about it. I remembered watching the very first episode of Pokemon back then... Bittersweet nostalgia feeling

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • They really should have let him get Latias.

Feels like an utter waste of time. But it is what it is I guess. Doesn't mean I still won't watch the english dub version. Clearly I will.

Back