• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
How do you Index a Sprite??

You can use IrfanView.

To index a sprite, you can simply save your file as .bmp and convert it to .gif using the Giffy program.

EDIT: I have another question. How can I change the palette for the Ruby title screen? The normal palette doesn't show up in UnLZ-GBA, so I can't use that. If I could get some help, that would be awesome.

You can edit the palette with a hex editor.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
So would I find the offset for the title screen with a hex-editor and find the hex numbers for the palette colors? If so, then I know where to get a tool that can convert colors into hex numbers. Thanks, Christos!

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2010
A Few Questions

Hi, im new here, im a big pokemonfan but when it comes to hacking the games i know nothing, so i have some questions i hope you dont mind answering:

1)What tool do i need to edit he music ingame, such as a battle song?

2)What do i need to do to modify the pokemon and there levels and so on of other people such as gym leaders and such?

3)What do i need to do to change a pokemon sprite to another one?

Thanks for your time.

Years
PET's driving me insane...

Okay… I'm pretty sure this problem hasn't been posted before. I've taken a good look around, and tried the search function... but no luck.

Here's the problem – the program "PET" isn't working the way I want it.
I'm working on a hack of Pokemon Sapphire, and I've gotten to the point where I'm editing trainers and their Pokemon teams. I've replaced the starter Pokemon in this game with the ones from the Gold/Silver/Crystal games, and I wanted the rival to have a Gold/Silver/Crystal starter too. So far, I've managed to successfully edit Brendan and May's starting Pokemon (the Pokemon they have when you fight them on Route 103) so that they either had a Chikorita, Cyndaquil or Totodile, depending on who you picked at the beginning.

The problem began when I tried to edit Brendan's grass-starter team for when you fight him later in the game. I think his original team was something like:
Numel L18
Grovyle L20
Wailmer L18

I wanted to give him this team:
Eevee L18
Bayleef L20
Vulpix L18

So… I went and changed each of Brendan's Pokemon to the ones I wanted. Then I saved the Pokemon and the trainer data. When I closed down the program and opened it up again, Brendan's Pokemon team was seriously screwed up, and far from what I had wanted. The Eevee was the only Pokemon that was normal. The rest of Brendan's team consisted of a Vulpix at Level 31 and a Wailmer at Level 29. I tried editing them again, and it just went back to the Vulpix (Level 31) and Wailmer (Level 29) again. What on earth is going on… and how do I give Brendan the Pokemon I want him to have?

lustrelegend

Pokemon/Runescape hacker
Years
how to fix unLZ. gba

Ok. Some spirtes that i import from unLZ. Gba get messed up and screwed and the box
for the pokemon get longer and all cut up. How do i fix this? I have read the stuff in the last page but my sprites pixels get all messed up.

Years
I have a question. How do you get Wild Pokemon in Gold/Silverinto places where there usually is no data (such as the beta Safari Zone map). Thanks in advance for any help.

Maxie_da_man

Pokemon Hacker, Musician
Years
Elitemap problem and Advance map help

1. Elitemap 3.7: When I click on the left arrow for my hacked petalburg city, it says Runtime Error "6": Overflow. Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

2. Advance Map 1.82: Does anybody know how to insert saved map files in Advance Map?

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2009
1. You can change the palettes in Emerald to the FR ones and then insert the tileset with Advance Map.

how do I change the palettes to the fire red ones?

and, 1 more question, is it possible to get rid of the whole truck thing in emerald yet(including the rumble)

>Bent<

awhups
Years
I have a question. How do you get Wild Pokemon in Gold/Silverinto places where there usually is no data (such as the beta Safari Zone map). Thanks in advance for any help.
I don't know of a simple way to add wild Pokemon data, but you can make the wild Pokemon from one area appear in a different area. (Bear in mind that the following information is Crystal-focused and may not be accurate for Gold and Silver.) You'll need a hex editor.

Wild Pokemon data is 47 bytes long. The first 14 bytes are the wild Pokemon that appear in the morning (seven Pokemon, given by the bytes XXYY, as level XX and Pokedex number YY). The next 14 are the wild Pokemon that appear in the daytime, and the next 14 are the wild Pokemon that appear at night. Following that are two bytes, the map bank and the map number. These determine which map the data is for. (The last three bytes are filler or something.)

To my knowledge, there's no list of which map bank and number match with each map, but you can find the map bank and number of the map you're currently on by going to memory address DCB5 and DCB6 (again, in Crystal), and compile your own list. I don't remember offhand the map bank and number for the Safari Zone either, but try experimenting with Gameshark codes (01xxB5DC and 01xxB6DC; enter a door to wind up in the corresponding map).

Wild Pokemon data starts at about x02A5EE in Crystal.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
You can use A-Colour for that.

I said I already know where to get one, but thanks anyway. 'nother question: I copied all the data for a berry script in Advance Map for Ruby, and put it on another script, but no plant appeared in the game. How can I get that to happen?

max1992

newbie hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 28, 2007
help me plz plz plz plz plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi i am new into hacking please help me with some questions plz plz plz!!!!!!!:embarrass
1.how do i edit the text for sapphire????:embarrass
2.how to change the intro(the video)??:embarrass
whoever answers me thanks a bunch:embarrass

Years
I can try and answer your first question.
I highly suggest Advance Text for editing text, if it is compatible with your computer. Here's how I do it...

-Open up Advance Text.
-Load the Pokemon Sapphire Rom.
-Select "Search". This is where you enter a keyword or a phrase. For example, if you enter "POKéMON", Advance Text will search all text in the Rom for anything that contains "POKéMON". If you check the box underneath the search windows, the results of the search will contain the entire dialogue message. Otherwise, the results will show the dialogue message beginning from the word you searched.
-If you want to see more results containing the keyword(s), click the "Resume" button.
-Once you've found the text you want to edit, click the "Write to INI" button. A window will come up asking you to enter a section name and a text name. The section name is sort of like a folder, while the text name is like a file. Suppose you were editing a bunch of messages displayed on signs. You might want to call the section name "signs" and the text name something like "sign1". If you decide to search for more text messages from signs, you can save all these text messages into the "signs" section name.
-After you've done this, click "Write to INI".
-You can then close down the Search screen if you don't want to search for any more stuff at the moment. Out in the main Advance Text program, there are 2 large windows. The window on the left has all the section names. If you select one of these, you can see what text messages are saved in that section. Click one of those text messages to have it appear in the window on the right. Then you can edit it all you want. Try to keep it the same length of characters as it originally was. It can be shorter if you want, but things get kind of difficult if it's longer.
-When you've finished editing, click the "Save Text" button to save the text to the Rom. It's possible to save text messages that are longer than the original messages, but it has to re-point the text. This usually works, but I've had it fail once for me before when attempting to repoint. :(

Oh... one more thing. If you're typing text in the text-editing window and you don't press Enter to start new lines, it's going to come out a big mess when you play the Rom. What I do is press Enter to start a new line when the text gets about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way across the text-editing window. That'll bring the text onto a new line in the Rom. It has to fit within the dialogue boxes in the actual game.

There is also a way to edit text using a Hex Editor... but I know nothing about Hex Editors, sadly. :(

Also, about that question I asked earlier about PET... you may disregard it. I had to manipulate the trainer's team a lot, and add and subtract Pokemon occasionally, but I eventually got Brendan to have the team I wanted. :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2008
Help!?

I am talking with my friends that are modding as i type this and they have no idea whats going on...-_-

I open up the different starter program, open my rom in it, and its supposed to show the lists of pokemon i can choose to be starters but nothing happens...

Help?

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I tried to open my Pokemon Ruby ROM in Sappy and a pop-up came up that said:

Runtime Error '53':
File not found

And I know for sure that Pokemon Ruby is a supported ROM.

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
really sorry to be askin the same question again, but i really need a proper answer (yes or no) can i insert new map labels e.g Port Town into ruby, without deleting old ones?
Thx to anyone who has helped me so far, nd plz help me out

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2010
Im really sorry if this has been answered before but im a beginner and i need a really simple solution to my questions:

What tool or method do i need to use to change various trainers and their pokemon (levels, attacks)?

What tool or method do i need to use to change the locations of wild pokemon and also the pokemon that can be found there?

Thats all, thanks for any answers.

Last edited:
Years
Im really sorry if this has been answered before but im a beginner and i need a really simple solution to my questions:

What tool or method do i need to use to change various trainers and their pokemon (levels, attacks)?

What tool or method do i need to use to change the locations of wild pokemon and also the pokemon that can be found there?

Thats all, thanks for any answers.

The only program I can think of for editing the Pokemon teams of trainers is PET. You can also edit things like Pokemon's levels and trainer's names with that program. I've had issues with editing the attacks, but there are no other programs that I can think of that can be used to edit trainers. You can get PET by downloading Elite Map... which I believe can be found somewhere in the Toolbox on this site.

I use Advance Map to edit the wild Pokemon in the game. Advance Map can also be found in the Toolbox, I'm pretty sure. If you load a Rom into Advance Map, there is a tab you can click on that brings up a screen of all the wild Pokemon on the currently displayed map. You can also use a program called Bewildered, which comes with Elite Map, to edit wild Pokemon, but I've never used it before... I only use Advance Map.

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
Now, whenever I try to open my Ruby (English) Rom with Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition, it gives me the message: "Error 63 (Bad record number) in procedure LoadSpriteStructure of frm OverworldEditor", and the dimensions of sprites are over 4800 pixels for some reason. Is there any way to fix this? Is there another program I can use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back