• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Is there some way I can make Pokemon like Aipom, Chansey, or Sudowoodo appear in the Hoenn Dex in Ruby? I'll need to do that because I also want to put in their evos/prevos from DP.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
The whole image must be 64x64 pixels but the trainer you're replacing the FR hero with must have the same number of pixels used for the sprite. If you want to keep the size like that you'll have to repoint the sprite's size.

How do I re-point it, and what will happen to the sprite if I re-point it?

Thanks again Christos.

*Shinigami*

死神
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2007
Just a quick question, I've noticed that sometimes I'll construct a map on Fire Red and when I play it, I'll step on certain tiles and the game will just restart, I've tried re-installing Advancemap, but it still doesn't make a difference. Is it my rom, or does this happen to everybody?

Years
Well i made this script, thanks to Zel for directing me and ScriptEd seems to say Runtime Error: Type Mismatch
Could anyone please see whats wrong
Spoiler:

Thanks,
Giovanni

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
When you import a Pokemon Pic, why does the picture have the colors of the Pokemon? (I'm importing Turtwig into Treecko's pick and the colors don't look right. I've seen some Turtwig pics on other hacks and they look normal.)

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
You sprite is not indexed!Use these!

These sprites were indexed by Furanki Pkmn Master.

Insert by putting the front sprite in without any boxes checked and the back in shiny back.If your using unLZ then put them over the front sprite then the back sprite.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
Well i made this script, thanks to Zel for directing me and ScriptEd seems to say Runtime Error: Type Mismatch
Could anyone please see whats wrong
Spoiler:

Thanks,
Giovanni

try this one
#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x300
if 0x1 jump 0x800300
applymovement 0x7 0x800100
pause 0x30
message 0x800400
boxset 0x6
setflag 0x300
applymovement 0x7 0x800200
pause 0x50
end

#org 0x800300
release
end

#org 0x800100
#raw 0x04
#raw 0x04
#raw 0xFE

#org 0x800200
#raw 0x07
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x04
#raw 0x60
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0xFE

#org 0x800400
= Oh! Sorry! I was too busy playing\nwith my new game Fire Red!\p Excuse me.

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
What size do icons of pokemon need to be?Can someone give me a indexed icon of Torterra/Dotaitos?

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
How do I re-point it, and what will happen to the sprite if I re-point it?

This is how you repoint a sprite, sweetie. ^^

First look for through your ROM with a hex editor and find some empty space.
(A place full of FF). Copy that offset.

Then after that load unLZ-GBA and load the sprite you want to replace. Then when you click Write to "ROM", make sure you check "Automatically fix pointers."
Then in the Image Offset box, type in the offset you found. Everything should work. ^^

Hope that helped. Since I'm a nice sweetie, here's a random empty offset you could use: 724308. =3

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
This is how you repoint a sprite, sweetie. ^^

First look for through your ROM with a hex editor and find some empty space.
(A place full of FF). Copy that offset.

Then after that load unLZ-GBA and load the sprite you want to replace. Then when you click Write to "ROM", make sure you check "Automatically fix pointers."
Then in the Image Offset box, type in the offset you found. Everything should work. ^^

Hope that helped. Since I'm a nice sweetie, here's a random empty offset you could use: 724308. =3

Okay, I did all of that, and two things happened. The first time I tried, some pop up popped up and said something about Ptr or Prc or something, I know it had a P and an r in it, but I didn't take the time to read it. Then I pressed Next, and then previous and the old original trainer sprite went back. It's as if I never even imported my new sprite. Second, I tried again, this time the pop up didn't pop up, and the same thing happened, when I clicked next, the original trainer sprite was back. Then I tried one last time, and once I clicked next, and then Previous, the trainer sprite had turned into this:
f_FRtrainerInm_5824dae.png

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
The sprite was 1 not indexed or 2 too big over the trainer you eplaced.Sometime it seens the sprites will fit over but they won't always.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I'm having a bit of a problem inserting DP cries into Ruby. They turn out just fine when I click on the Dump button in PokeCry GUI. But in the game they are decreased in volume for some reason. Does anyone have any clue why this happens? Which buttons am I supposed to click on and in what order do I click them in PokeCry GUI? I think that may be the problem.

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
You won't be able to get them excacly like D/P my cries sound glichy.

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
i've started editing my rom with advance map
but when i view maps, all i see are the first layers of a tile
(ex: treetops two layers: the top of the tree and the ground, in place of the green ground there is navy)
anyone know what's up?

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
You change the walk through ability with the option right next to the maping option.You don't need 3 layers like when your making games.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2009
I have 2 questions.... Im sorry if they have already been asked, but I tried searching and didnt see anything.

1. how can I put Fire Red tilesets in Emerald?

2. In Emerald( because of the internal clock) is it possible for day/night and day of the week features based on time?

thanks

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I have 2 questions.... Im sorry if they have already been asked, but I tried searching and didnt see anything.

1. how can I put Fire Red tilesets in Emerald?

2. In Emerald( because of the internal clock) is it possible for day/night and day of the week features based on time?

thanks

1. You can change the palettes in Emerald to the FR ones and then insert the tileset with Advance Map.

2. No one has done this so far so I don't think you'll get an answer for that.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
How do you Index a Sprite??

To index a sprite, you can simply save your file as .bmp and convert it to .gif using the Giffy program.

EDIT: I have another question. How can I change the palette for the Ruby title screen? The normal palette doesn't show up in UnLZ-GBA, so I can't use that. If I could get some help, that would be awesome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back