• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My trainers.txt file is becoming too large, what can I do?

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2017
    As the title says, my trainers.txt file is becoming too large.

I like creating trainers using the comments method so the game allows me to define said new trainers when I launch the game, but my trainers.txt is getting so large that the game takes about 10 seconds to add a new trainer (during which Windows displays the program as "not responding").

The problem that I'm running increasingly often into is the game simply "skipping" this process (as if the script took too long) and then I run into syntax errors. If I reload trainers.txt, it turns out it actually REMOVED a portion of the trainer data.

tl;dr: My trainers.txt is becoming so large that adding new trainers is something my game can't seem to handle.
    Is there a solution other than simply no longer using the GUI method of adding new trainers?
    Would it be feasable to temporarily remove half the trainers.txt data and then add it again later? (I tried it, the game obviously just asks me to define every trainer at game launch)

This is becoming a serious issue for me.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • may need twerks here and there.
    I'm all about helping out:
    twerk_0.jpg

Back