• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon ColtBlue Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
  • POKEMON
    ColtBlue Version

Hack of: Ruby (U)
    Language: English

INTRO:
    Hello, fellow Pokemon fans! I am here to promote my first major hack, Pokemon ColtBlue Version. I was inspired to create this hack after I played through the events of Pokemon Black and White. At the end of the game, I somewhat find it to be a cliffhanger, wondering what became of N after his loss. Also, after looking up the story behind Genesect, I wanted this role to play a major purpose in the games. Thus came the base concept for my hack. Read on to learn more.

STORY:
    One year has passed since the events of Pokemon Black and White. Ever since the ability to link between far-away regions was developed, Hoenn and Unova have been exchanging Pokemon for the past year. Many of these Unova Pokemon have found their way into the wild and have adapted to the Hoenn Region. You, a young boy/girl who has recently moved to Hoenn, are about begin your journey through the Hoenn region, filled with 156 brand new Pokemon.

Meanwhile, N from the Unova Region has been contemplating what his father said to him after being defeated by the trainer from Nuvema Town. He has decided that he must do something to once again prove himself worthy to his father. To do this, N takes the first step of contacting the scientist who initially resurrected Genesect for Team Plasma. This scientist manages to resurrect another Genesect for N, which N takes with him, along with the members of Team Plasma that remained loyal to him, as he travels to the Hoenn Region. It is here that he finds Team Magma, another team that has suffered defeat. He and Maxie, the leader of Team Magma, decide that if they combine what remains of their two teams, they can avenge and bring glory to each other once again by conquering the Hoenn Region. With this, N will prove himself to his father.

Soon, you and N end up crossing paths. Through this, you end up entangled in the situation against Team Plasma and Team Magma. Eventually, you learn of a powerful legendary Pokemon, Keldeo, which exists somewhere in Hoenn. If N manages to capture this Pokemon, he will become nearly unstoppable when he combines its power with that of Genesect. If you capture it, it will give you a strong edge against N. You and N end up in a race to capture Keldeo. Whoever captures it will hold the fate of the Hoenn Region in their hands.

UNIQUE FEATURES:

• All 156 Unova Pokemon have been added, as mentioned in the intro.
      • This includes cries, something I rarely see hacked.
    • The game's Pokedex is 100% completable without trading.
    • Gym leaders come from all over the Pokemon world.
    • B/W Player battle sprites.
    • Ash will be a major NPC, with a team based on his team from the B/W anime.
    • [Still not started, could use support here]: Some B/W tiles.
    • Possibly more coming soon...
    TOOLS USED:

• Advanced Series
    • AdvanceMap
    • APE
    • A-Text
    • A-Trainer
    • FSF
    • HxD Hex Editor
    • MoveEditor
    • NSE
    • Poketronic
    • PKSV
    • YAPE
    • UnLZ-GBA
    • PokeCry
    SCREENSHOTS:
    Spoiler:

KNOWN BUGS:
    The only one I've discovered so far is that the guy who upgrades your Pokedex to National Mode repeats the upgrade every time you re-enter the map and talk to him. (Not that it affects gameplay)

BETA/ALPHA/DEMO:
    Not quite there yet. The first Alpha will probably be up through the first two gyms.

BANNERS:
    Spoiler:

Also if you think you can help with aspects such as tile inserting or designing a character to replace Wally, I would greatly appreciate it!

Years
  • Approved because it pretty much meets the necessary criteria...

But, to be honest, it looks a little bit like Ruby with just a few changes. I mean, you're using Hoenn, but with a few BW characters and Pokemon. I'm just saying, you should consider how you can effectively make a nice, original story with an already-existing region. I hope this isn't one of those hacks that uses all of the original scripts with the rare text-edit and some new sprites. I'll wait to see more before jump to any conclusions, but I hope the changes in this are significant enough from Ruby, otherwise it just doesn't really fit here :/

At any rate, it's nice to see you've inserted all of Unova's Pokemon. Will you be replacing the other (non- Unova) Pokemon's sprites with resixed Black and White ones? It's the only way all the Pokemon sprites will flow well, I'm afraid :3

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Approved because it pretty much meets the necessary criteria...

But, to be honest, it looks a little bit like Ruby with just a few changes. I mean, you're using Hoenn, but with a few BW characters and Pokemon. I'm just saying, you should consider how you can effectively make a nice, original story with an already-existing region. I hope this isn't one of those hacks that uses all of the original scripts with the rare text-edit and some new sprites. I'll wait to see more before jump to any conclusions, but I hope the changes in this are significant enough from Ruby, otherwise it just doesn't really fit here :/

At any rate, it's nice to see you've inserted all of Unova's Pokemon. Will you be replacing the other (non- Unova) Pokemon's sprites with resixed Black and White ones? It's the only way all the Pokemon sprites will flow well, I'm afraid :3

Thank you for the approval. That is a good suggestion, adding all of the B/W sprites for the other Pokemon. I will get right on that. :)

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I'm afraid I agree with giradialkia on this one. This looks like nothing more than Ruby with edited text and wild pokemon. Even the story seems simiar to Ruby. Or are we completely off? Aslo the oveworld looks weird. Not the greatest I've seen. Hopefully you can prove us wrong and make a totally new hack. Also the bug you presented leads me to believe that you didn't script the intro from scratch as you need someone else to upgrade your pokedex. BTW that bug could be fixed with the use of a flag.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    It would look a little better if you changed the character OW, I hope you good luck on this hack.

Alomar

Follow me on Twitter @Daubs
    Years
  • The story is alright except N leaves Unova to be figure things out for himself, finally becoming a good person, so i dont get why he's a bad guy. also, if its following the B/W story, why is the hero identical to B/W? that makes no sense, it should be a brand new character. IMO

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Reading the generally negative opinions of the posts, I would like this thread deleted after sufficient time is given for this reply to be read, as I have realized that I made this thread before the hack had significant enough progress. There are too many things in this hack that are tentative and still require thought.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • Thread closed at the request of the owner. deoxys121, if you ever change your mind and want this reopened please contact giradialkia or myself.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back