• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A few fakes I've made

x24

Researcher-Sprite Thieves, DIE
Years
  • Hitmonchan looks really good.. I dont think I notice anything that hasn't been mentioned above..

Art looks great.. someone said something about the bkg.. a darker shade on hmc would make him more 'dark'.. bkg doesnt need to be touched..

Justification is still an issue.. carful with placement on the symbols down under the W/Res/RetC (I think its to go down one more pixel, but who counts).. looks good otherwise..

4/5 :cool:

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    I forgot about one thing..

You dont have dark blank.

The blank is the wrong one.

If a pokemon is dark, it has to be:

1. A stage 1 or stage 2 Pokemon
    2. Blank has to be the TR dark blank.

Search around for them.

Mail Jeevas

I need a smoke...
    Years
  • Ok, tanks for the tips, I'm doing another Dark Hitmonchan but with a pic made by me.

I'm gonna try to focus on all the points you told me guys. Thanks for the help and the pointers.

ELGONZO!!!

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • My turn!!!!

Okay so your cards started out bleh, then meh, and then grand. (bad rhyme). Okay, so Dark Hitmonchan is good. I do have a pet peeve on placement since it is important. Placement is important because it makes the card look nice and it gives me (and probably others) a pleasing feeling inside. I like it when people are improving, and you sir are improving. There is a link that directly takes you to the Fake Card section at PPN. Click and get what you need. Make you read the tutorials twice, or three times if you need to. Good luck and have fun faking!

Dark Hitmonchan 8/10

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • I like Dark Hitmonchan, the only errors I can see is at the bottom (no 9 digit id or set symbol/rarity) and the pixely energy symbols (if you count that as an error)
    Keep this up, you're improving.

Mail Jeevas

I need a smoke...
    Years
  • Well thanks everybody for noticing (sp?) my little improvement :D

I really apreciate it! Here's a new card

Dark Sandslash:
    darksandslashcopy2zn.png

I must give credit to everyone that made the cards art:

Except Mecha Alakazam's, Charmanzard's and Orochi Mewtwo's card, all the pokemon pics were made by Ken Sugimori.

Charmanzard (Charmander disguised as a Charizard) was made by Suta-Ratio

Deivilish mewtwo (Mewtwo with Demon Wings) was made by Pojo (www.pojo.com)

Mecha Alakazam was made by me in Flash 5

Last edited:
    Years
  • its good but still needs more improvement
    Hp needs to be white whenever it is a dark pokemon
    the illus. doesn't need to be bold, same as for the evlvos from whatever
    and the evlovs from needs to be 2 pixels down and 8 from the bottom of Stage 1 box
    no 9 digit and set symbol
    and the attack effect is to low and the energy in it is to big

Mail Jeevas

I need a smoke...
    Years
  • Okay, Later I'll post a remake of Sandslash, but How can I do the "darkish" effect that you suggest Adept-eX?

Thanks for the comments, and thanks Bleenix for making me notice of the Dark HP!

ELGONZO!!!

EDIT: Here it is!!!

I've changed the HP color, I checked the fonts, but they were okay (So says Fangking's tut), and I darken it a lil.
    darksandslashcopy9tv.png

Last edited:

MAR Heaven

No Comment
    Years
  • It looks great Gonzo! I like it I can't wait to see how good you get as time passes

10/10 for the sandslash

Adept-eX

A Adobe Photoshop Veteran ;P
    Years
  • For do that dark effect you only had to use the adobe photoshop for create a new layer over the sandslash and paint with black over the sandslash's shadow (use the poligonal lasso tool for help you... also you can use a the blur tool)... with that you will got a black shadow, but if you want do a less dark only change the layer opacity leave it trasparent (with 80% is okay)... will look cool ;)
    Ah! yeah... and if you put shadow bnear the eyes Sandslash will look evil or angry

Last edited:

Mail Jeevas

I need a smoke...
    Years
  • No problem Sylph, I thought the same, but when I checked a few Hitmonchan cards (Real cards. But they were from the 2nd and 3rd generation), he always was a basic pokemon.

New card will be made. Maybe today.

@ Adept-eX: I know what you mean, but I'm not able to do it (The blackish look). Can you please do it for me if I send you the Photoshop Image?

Back