• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Custom Style Trainer OW Project

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
Years
  • Hello there. I am creating this thread to showcase, and search for, fellow spriters who want to embark on this art project.

WHY AND WHERE DID THE IDEA COME FROM?
    Spoiler:

WHAT'S THE GOAL?
    Spoiler:

WHERE TO CONTRIBUTE?

Spoiler:

Discord server, feel free to join.

The collection right now stands at this point:
    pokemon_overworlds_collection_by_fblaster-d6u2aja.png

The templates for the characters are available here:
    1705f35d741d446ba812872_by_fblaster-d6gz1z8.png

Trainer battlesprites are also welcome in this project, and in a later point in time will be organized to make it easier to sort what is available and what is missing. This is an example of one I made:
    tracey_by_fblaster-d6l5t28.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2023
    that's a really nice style.
    I've pasted them on a pokemon map screenshot, and they work well.
    is the plan to make walking sprites too, or just the front view?

Last edited:

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
    Years
  • The plan is to make walking animations too. For now, as I'm currently doing it alone, I'm focusing on the front sprites for reference. A few of them have walking animation sprites already.

Eventually, if more people join and help out, the focus of the project will change to usability, that is, to make the animations.

Just did one more, I'll leave it here for feedback, if anyone has any to share:

blaineicon_by_fblaster-dbnq08c.png

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
    Years
  • Again, just looking for feedback:

I'm trying to figure out a template to put everything together. Any suggestions out there on how to do it?
    This is my starting point, to get the general idea of how a character sheet should look like.

SabrinaHGSS.png

Also, created a Discord server for this project, feel free to join:
    https://discord.gg/6C7wvDs

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    Why do I feel like they all look like Binding of Isaac characters? Hahaha. Am I the only one?

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
    Years
  • I'm afraid I don't know how Binding of Isaac is supposed to look like :P

Anyway, the past few days I've added some stuff.
    The latest one was Gym Leader Koga.
    Here, I grouped together in a cleaner format the Generation 1 sprites. Might be easier to figure what's done and what's missing. It's still a WIP, I still need to add the names of the missing characters.

gen1.png

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
    Years
  • Yo guys!

Today created two more, Team Rocket Jessie and Trainer Sage, from the Bellsprout Tower.

I'm also adding to the improved organization of the sheet.

Please guys, I really need some help in this project. I hope some of you can join me in this.

Here we go:

GenBox.png

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
    Years
  • Thanks, we owe that to the original creator of the Template, he's got crazy spriting skills.
    Yes, the aim of this project is to keep the essence of the games, but be able to give them just enough detail to be able to craft sprites for a wide array of characters with unique looking visuals.

Eventually, we aim to make them usable for fangames, making the movement animations for each one of them.

Back