• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are pokemon cards worth anything?

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2019
    Hi all, I have a collection of pokemon cards 1-151 mainly the first set 95,96,98. Some are second edition some have no edition stamp at all and the odd 1st edition. I have alot of the dark cards and alot of the trainers pokemon lt.surge raichu ect even some japanese trainers pokemon most of the cards that should be holo are to many to list I have 5 different pikachus I have some promo cards ancient mew there's loads. I have had offers but arnt sure if it's worth it so any help as to what these are worth would be great thank you

Years
  • Hi all, I have a collection of pokemon cards 1-151 mainly the first set 95,96,98. Some are second edition some have no edition stamp at all and the odd 1st edition. I have alot of the dark cards and alot of the trainers pokemon lt.surge raichu ect even some japanese trainers pokemon most of the cards that should be holo are to many to list I have 5 different pikachus I have some promo cards ancient mew there's loads. I have had offers but arnt sure if it's worth it so any help as to what these are worth would be great thank you

Their value depends on condition, legitimacy of the cards (a lot of people have at least some counterfeits in the collection from when they were a kid and didn't know how to tell the difference), and which ones, tbh.

My recommendation is taking photos of a handful and posting them here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=391812

Though part of maximizing value is putting in the effort to figure out what they're selling for and then putting in the effort to sell them. If you aren't willing to put in the effort to sell them individually, it may be more prudent to just sell them for what you're being offered, because figuring out what you have, what they're worth, and then selling them *is* extremely time consuming.

Back