• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blue hack: Pokemon Intruder Alert!! Blue Version

BusterTheFox

Pokemon Intruder
Years
  • The Pokemon "If" saga; Intruder Alert!! Blue Version!

PKMNIASCR1.png

Hack of: Blue
    My Self-proclaimed hacking rank: Total Greenhorn Beginner.​

We've all played Blue a few times. We know how to find Missingno., we can get thousands of Rare Candies, not to mention the good 'ol Mew Trick. But when it gets right down to it, everyone would like something new when they start a new game for the 15th time; That's just not going to happen.
    Fortunatly, there is a solution to this problem! Pokemon Intruder Alert!!(Pokemon IA)! Pkemon IA is the very first in my Pokemon "If" series. In other words, it's Blue version, with the same events, the same characters, names, rivals, ect., only with different situations involved. Which leads us to our next segment!! :)

STORY

You are a young boy who lives in Pallet town with your mother. You've always been very curious; you like to explore, especially places where people tell you you're not allowed to go. One day, you intrude Professor Oak's lab in the middle of a presentation. He doesn't have the time to deal with you, so he'll teleport you out with his Abra. The next day, you find out from your mother that Professor Oak is looking for you. Working from experience, you figure you'de better leave for awile and let Old Man Oak cool off a bit. But before you can escape, Professor Oak spots you trying to skip town. He draggs you to his lab, where your rival in intruding has already intruded the lab once again. Oak gives you a pokemon that you will apparantly need for the punishment he is going to give you. You leave for a while as you wait for him to finish planning out your punishment.......

Later, you return to Oak's lab, where you find out that you are going to have to complete the Pokedex for him. He sends you off to do his dirty work. Of course, you blow off the entire Pokedex thing. Now that you have a Pokemon, you can explore the rest of Kanto! Now, which Gym to start at...

WHAT IT IS

Pokemon IA is my first attempt at pokemon hacking, in fact, game hacking at all. Well, aside from playing with AR codes. As I mentioned, it's an "If" game, meaning it's the same game, only it deals with different ways of the same events to progress. IA is a comedy kind of game...you're goal is basically to intrude every Gym in Kanto, and eventually the Elite Four, all the while a step behind your rival in intrusion.

What's that? About the "Saga" before? Why, yes, indeed! This is the very first in my Pokemon "If" Saga. I'll be going through GSC, RSE, and DPPt(If there's a good text editor for that), re-doing each as an intruder alert game. Then, I'll do the same thing again, only with a different idea next time! And, as I get progressivly better as a hacker, I'll also change maps, add new story events, Ect.. I may also edit FR/LF and/or HG/SS, and "Re-make" my Intruder Alert games. Won't THAT be fun? =D

CHANGES

You may be wondering how I have changed the game. Well, it's a bit more then you may have expected.

- Nearly ALL main story text has changed, as well as some trainer text
    - Changed Title Screen
    - Can find all 151/some Pokemon evolve differently*
    - New Default Names
    - Other stuff

*You can find them in random places in the wild; some are in strange places for Beta 1, but I'll be changing that before the Final release. Also, Mew is only catchable via the Mew Glitch. Still only one of each legendary.

STAFF

BusterTheFox - Everything...

SCREENSHOTS
    Sorry about the size.​

Spoiler:

Support
    You know, banners and stuff.​

PKMNIASupportSmall.jpg

Yeah, it's kinda hard to read and stuff. Sorry. xp​

[-url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=215511][-IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd275/blazefire14/Pokemon%20IA%20Blue%20Version/PKMNIASupportSmall.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Remove the "-"s in the tags to put it in your signiture.​

Accepting Custom Banners!​

PROGRESS

I'm pretty much done now, I'm only adding the finishing touches! This'll be good for a good laugh, but look forward to my next project!​

Beta 1 is here!! Enjoy:​

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Your first hack is in fact going to be a Blue hack? That's interesting. I don't like the story too much, it doesn't contrast with the original storyline. I hope you've planned some interesting scripts. Good luck.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    lol at the last 4 screenshots. Is this hack for humor purposes?

EDIT: Wait, the plot is that they have to fill out a Pokedex as punishment for intruding Oak's lab?!?!?

Last edited:

BusterTheFox

Pokemon Intruder
    Years
  • IA is a comedy kind of game...you're goal is basically to intrude every Gym in Kanto, and eventually the Elite Four, all the while a step behind your rival in intrusion.​

lol at the last 4 screenshots. Is this hack for humor purposes?

EDIT: Wait, the plot is that they have to fill out a Pokedex as punishment for intruding Oak's lab?!?!?

Yup, it's a comedy. True, I haven't done much else than text hacking, but keep in mind that this is just my first attemept at hacking. If I ever decide to learn how to script some stuff, I'll probably get out if this "If" Saga. In case your wondering, I MAY be testing how supportive the hacking community is of new hackers.......*glare* Naw, I'm not really doing that. XD

Anyway, I'm gonna see about putting up a poll. I'd like to have a little feedback on specific things...

EDIT: Does anyone know of a tool for editing default names in RBG? If there isn't one, Then a little scripting advice on how to do this for RBG would be appreciated! :) Of course, I would give you credit...

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • "I also have to place certain wild pokemon in different areas that they would normally live, that or change the method of evolution", that's not scripting and actually it can be done very easily.

Read this tutorial on how to hack R/B/Y or G/S/C.
    http://snagem.weebly.com/master-guide-to-hacking-pokemon-games-red-crystal.html

Besides, edit the maps.
    Although maps probably won't turn out that great, it's still more fun to play instead of the maps being unedited.

BusterTheFox

Pokemon Intruder
    Years
  • Very sorry about the long absence!! >_< Tell you te truth, my keyboard broke. D= My friend just showed me today about the On-Screen Keyboard! XD Im using that now, obviously...so now that that's outta the way......

"I also have to place certain wild pokemon in different areas that they would normally live, that or change the method of evolution", that's not scripting and actually it can be done very easily.

Read this tutorial on how to hack R/B/Y or G/S/C.
    http://snagem.weebly.com/master-guide-to-hacking-pokemon-games-red-crystal.html

Besides, edit the maps.
    Although maps probably won't turn out that great, it's still more fun to play instead of the maps being unedited.

Edting hex values? Tables? Sounds like scripting in my book. Xp BUT, thanks for te tutorial! I'll give you credit in the 1st post. :)

And with that, I shall now finish this hack! Just to be clear, I never intended to edit anything more(like maps). It is supposed to be the original Pokemon game, just with a different story...and being able to actually catch em all. =p So, have fun playing the original, with a slghtly different and funnier story, and the ability to complete your Pokedex without a second game, game boy, or link cable. -_-

So, yeah, I never wanted to make the next pokemon Brown. :/ I just wanted to try making something that was my own. Well, maybe you like that kinda stuff! :)

This is a lot to type with the on screen keyboard...

BusterTheFox

Pokemon Intruder
    Years
  • Hey all, just a reminder, the first beta is availible on the first post.

Sorry I'm still taking forever to finish this, I've had a lot of real life responsibilities lately. BUT, I only have a little bit left to do now, so as soon as I get back on it, it'll be done the same day. Don't know when I'll have time, though...

On another note, I now have a working keyboard, so...yeah. XD I had an idea not too long ago for another hacking project that'll actually be more than just text and little else, but I wanna get this done first. Anyway, I'll let ya know when I finish. Peace.

miksy91

Years
  • I re-read the thread and found out that you included my name in the Staff -section.
    Could you remove it (I didn't really do anything to help you with the hack, just giving some tips) ?

Also, as you can change text in the game, why not do other things as simple as that (for example edit trainers & wild pokemon) ?

BusterTheFox

Pokemon Intruder
    Years
  • Alright, I'll remove it...

Actually, I am editing things like that(For instance, the wild pokemon). I see little need to change which trainers have which pokemon, nor which Pokemon appear where(Other than ones that don't appear in Blue version normally that I added into the wild).

And..as I've said multiple times before...I can't make it any more simple than this...
    This is my first attempt at Rom Hacking, and I'm not trying to do anything flashy. I know what you said wasn't exactly what most would consider "flashy", but what I mean is that I'm basically playing around with tools on this one. With the tutorial you provided I'll be able to move on to bigger and better things if I ever decide to return to GB hacking, but I think I'm actually going to try some GBA stuff next.

Okay, I got a bit off there. The point in a single sentance: There's nothing to see here.

*cough* Yeah. I'm just a beginner, I'm not gonna come up with something good outta the blue. I'll keep getting better and having new ideas, but I had my ideas for this one all figured out to bigin with and I don't plan on changing it. But thanks again for the tips.

BTW, I'm not mad or anything in case I came across that way. D: It's hard to tell over text. :p

miksy91

Years
  • Okay, but I'm quite certain that if you read that tutorial (and tried to understand it as well), you'd be fully capable to make this hack much better.

Back