• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Softboiled clefable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2017
    Hi all.

First time on a Pok?mon forum, but I could use some help.

I am trying to put together a competitive team. I am aware that it is possible to get softboiled on a clefable. I ignorantly went out and bought the necessary things I need to get one, before doing full research. I have:
    - LG
    - DS light
    - HG
    - Black
    - OR
    - sun

Now, I did not realize that the odds of getting a softboiled clefairy with the proper nature are minuscule. I didn't not even think of this. Not to mention the 1% odds of finding one in MT. Moon.

If I were to transfer one clefairy from LG all the way to Sun, (worst case scenario, but more likely than not, the nature will not be the one I want) would I be able to breed them until I get the right nature and at the same time, keep softboiled throughout the breeding nonsense?

If that isn't possible, then I'll just return the game and ds light because I want to maintain my sanity.

The only other thing I can think of is to have someone on here help me get one. I have absolutely no idea how these threads work. Do people just give people Pok?mon out of the kindness of their heart? If not, I will do whatever I can but I don't think I have much to offer lol.

Please let me know when you guys get a chance. I could really use the help here.

Respectfully,

Duffyp

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Hi all.

I am trying to put together a competitive team. I am aware that it is possible to get softboiled on a clefable. I ignorantly went out and bought the necessary things I need to get one, before doing full research. I have:
    - LG
    - DS light
    - HG
    - Black
    - OR
    - sun

Now, I did not realize that the odds of getting a softboiled clefairy with the proper nature are minuscule. I didn't not even think of this. Not to mention the 1% odds of finding one in MT. Moon.

If I were to transfer one clefairy from LG all the way to Sun, (worst case scenario, but more likely than not, the nature will not be the one I want) would I be able to breed them until I get the right nature and at the same time, keep softboiled throughout the breeding nonsense?

If that isn't possible, then I'll just return the game and ds light because I want to maintain my sanity.

The only other thing I can think of is to have someone on here help me get one. I have absolutely no idea how these threads work. Do people just give people Pok?mon out of the kindness of their heart? If not, I will do whatever I can but I don't think I have much to offer lol.

Please let me know when you guys get a chance. I could really use the help here.

Respectfully,

Duffyp

You cannot breed softboiled. I've tried it, it just doesn't work. Since you have all the games, what you should do is catch a clefairy, breed it in leaf green for the proper nature, then teach it softboiled and transfer it up. You'll have to reach the Sevii islands before you can start breeding however, the Day Care center that can hold two pokemon is on the 4th Sevii island.

I've never played FRLG, so I'm not entirely certain, but the 4th and later Sevii islands appear to only be accessible in the post game after you defeat the elite four and obtained the National Dex.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Hi all.

- LG
    - DS light
    - HG
    - Black
    - OR
    - sun

Respectfully,

Duffyp

Follow WeyounRagnarok's instructions. This should get you the proper nature Softboiled Clefairy in Sun. Now all you need to do is get a Gold Bottle Cap to make its IVs all 31 (I believe that's what the item does) and EV train it, and then you have a fully competitive Softboiled Clefable!

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2017
    Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the quick responses. WeyounRagnarok, do you know if LG even has natures? I don't have my DS on me currently I'm at work. And I didn't even know you could breed In LG so that's great to know. But yeah, if I can see natures in LG then I think I got this. Please let me know whenever you get a moment.

Also, I'm sorry if I placed this in the wrong forum. I definitely don't wanna be that guy but I'll figure it out over time.

Thanks again.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the quick responses. WeyounRagnarok, do you know if LG even has natures? I don't have my DS on me currently I'm at work. And I didn't even know you could breed In LG so that's great to know. But yeah, if I can see natures in LG then I think I got this. Please let me know whenever you get a moment.

Also, I'm sorry if I placed this in the wrong forum. I definitely don't wanna be that guy but I'll figure it out over time.

Thanks again.

LG does have Natures, Gen 3 is the Generation they implemented it :) You'll have to breed until you get the right Nature, which is 1 chance out of 25. Not so bad, at least much less than trying to catch one in the wild!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back