• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Game Corner Changes In 3DS Release?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 9, 2017
Do you guys think they'll bring back the original game corner games in GoldenRod city? I know they changed the game corner and got rid of all the slot machines and whatnot in SoulSilver/HeartGold.

BugTypeAficionado

Bug types are so hi-technicaaaal!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
That depends. Did they change/remove the slot machines in Celadon City in the Virtual Console versions of Red/Blue (I'm asking because I have yet to get the VC versions)? If they didn't then, I doubt they'd go out of their way to change it now.

Guest123_x1

The Virtual Console releases of Generation I completely retain the Game Corner, which resulted in a higher age rating being issued by PEGI. I'm presuming that the upcoming Gold/Silver re-release will be handled similarly (with PEGI issuing a new, higher age rating accordingly).

Years
As Mii-kun said, since the Game Corner was untouched I feel it will be the case once again here, meaning a 12 rating under the PEGI system in Europe.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It wouldn't be the same game if they removed it and put the Voltorb Flip in. I can't imagine how hard it would be to program that into the older games. Maybe it wouldn't be that hard but the thing is more that they will cop a lot of backlash for not having the games as true to the originals, you know? Remakes are a different story, but this is literally supposed to be the games we grew up on + a few cool new features.

It is an interesting thought though, and one that I definitely had first up!

Back