• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU RMT

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2011

Gyarados@Choice Scarf
    Intimidate
    Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.Def)
    252 Atk / 24 Def / 252 Spd
    -Waterfall
    -Ice Fang
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake

Gyarados is one of the best anti-leads in the game, and maybe even the best. However, there are some leads that Gyarados cannot kill so if anyone has a suggestion for a lead with more attack, or special attack that would be great.

Azelf@Focus Sash
    Levitate
    Naïve (+Spd, -Sp.Def)
    40 Atk / 252 Spd / 216 / Sp.Atk
    -Stealth Rock
    -Psychic
    -Flamethrower / Fire Blast
    -Explosion

I use Azelf to lay down Stealth Rock after Gyarados kills the opposing lead. Focus Sash to withstand the first hit, and maxed out speed because I don't know what Pokémon can outrun it outside of lead Pokémon. The moves are there for obvious reasons, Flamethrower in particular, because I need it for Scizor. I've considered changing items and EV's, but I don't know what item to change to, and for the EV's I'm not sure what can outrun it other than certain leads. Or if anyone has an alternate to Azelf that would be nice, however if it's a defensive Pokémon, I probably won't use it, because the main thing that's made this team good so far is how everything is an attacking Pokémon.

Lucario@Life Orb
    Inner Focus
    Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.Def)
    4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Extreme Speed
    -Crunch / Bullet Punch

One of my favorite Pokémon, Lucario is one of my physical sweepers, and possibly my favorite. After one Swords Dance with Stealth Rock damage Lucario gets so many OHKO's. Other than that he really doesn't need that much description, so I think I'll leave it at that.

Gengar@Choice Scarf
    Levitate
    Rash (+Sp.Atk, -Sp.Def)
    4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 Sp.Atk
    -Shadow Ball
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power (Fire)

What? Choice Scarf, Gengar's already got enough speed. Not necessarily, Gengar is outrun by a few things, but not with a scarf on, plus this way I can max out his attack by giving him a rash nature. Also you're probably wondering why I have HP fire, when I already have focus blast, well it's because I hate Scizor, and he's on about 30% of all shoddy battle teams so that's why I have HP fire. The rest of his moves are self explanatory.

Infernape@Choice Scarf
    Blaze
    Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
    4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 Spd
    -Fire Blast / Flamethrower
    - Focus Blast
    - Grass Knot
    -Hidden Power (Ice)

Yea I have three scarfer's on my team I find speed extremely important when using an attack team. I have been using Life Orb Infernape in the past, but mixed Pokémon haven't been working for me, so I've decided that maybe concentrating the EV arrangement might help, and it has. It's gotten me a lot more OHKO's, but Focus Blast's inaccuracy has cost me my only loss with this team, so I'm thinking that I might go with a physical Infernape at the cost of my third special sweeper. Also I'm thinking of giving it a rash nature, because it has a scarf, but I'm not sure if I'll still outrun everything I need to without a timid nature.

Mamoswine@Choice Band
    Oblivious
    Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.Def)
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    -Ice Shard
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Superpower

Late game this thing is unstoppable, with a choice band and Ice Shard it picks off anything that doesn't resist it. It has saved me from a few losses, and its great HP adds to its survivability, which really comes in handy when it's my only Pokémon left. At first I had Weavile in this spot, but I realized Mamoswine had higher Atk, and they both have Ice Shard, so I went with Mamoswine.

I realized that I have 4 choice items, and I admit that it makes walling easier, but so far the choice items have helped a lot. But I'm still open to item recommendations, because I could use some versatility in my attacks. So far this team is 10-1, and it's mainly because of the core of my team (everything except for Gyarados and Azelf) so I'm planning on keeping the same core Pokémon, just that I could use some help with sets, EV's, natures, etc… Oh and I'm thinking about changing Mamoswine for Weavile, but so far there really isn't any reasons I can think of to do that.

Thank you in advance for all help.

Years
  • If you keep Gengar as a Scarfer, I'd personally consider Modest as a nature since it boosts the Special Attack and you have a Scarf to boost your speed already. Gengar is also KO'd by a CB Scizor BP, so HP Fire wouldn't do much there.

I'd lead with Azelf and make Gyarados a DD Gyarados.

Naive
    252 Special attack/252 Speed/4 Attack

SR
    Psychic
    Explosion
    Taunt/Fire Blast

Gyarados @ Life Orb
    Adamant/Jolly Nature, Jolly lets you outrun base 140's after one DD, but Adamant gives a lot more power and you still outspeed anything up to base 125, unless they're scarfed.

252 Attack/252 Speed/4 Defense

Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake

Those three moves give you great coverage. You could use Bounce over Earthquake, but then you're walled by stuff like Empoleon and Magnezone.

I'm definitely not the best when it comes to telling you what threatens you and stuff, so I'll leave the less obvious stuff to others.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Gyarados@Choice Scarf
    Intimidate
    Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.Def)
    252 Atk / 24 Def / 252 Spd
    -Waterfall
    -Ice Fang
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake

Gyarados is one of the best anti-leads in the game, and maybe even the best. However, there are some leads that Gyarados cannot kill so if anyone has a suggestion for a lead with more attack, or special attack that would be great.

Make it a DD Gyara. Its SR weak, so you won't get many chances to switch in.
    Gyarados @ Life Orb
    4HP/252Atk/252Spe
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Fang/Stone Edge

Azelf@Focus Sash
    Levitate
    Naïve (+Spd, -Sp.Def)
    40 Atk / 252 Spd / 216 / Sp.Atk
    -Stealth Rock
    -Psychic
    -Flamethrower / Fire Blast
    -Explosion

I use Azelf to lay down Stealth Rock after Gyarados kills the opposing lead. Focus Sash to withstand the first hit, and maxed out speed because I don't know what Pokémon can outrun it outside of lead Pokémon. The moves are there for obvious reasons, Flamethrower in particular, because I need it for Scizor. I've considered changing items and EV's, but I don't know what item to change to, and for the EV's I'm not sure what can outrun it other than certain leads. Or if anyone has an alternate to Azelf that would be nice, however if it's a defensive Pokémon, I probably won't use it, because the main thing that's made this team good so far is how everything is an attacking Pokémon.

Make this a lead, and use Taunt >>>>> Psychic, since its pretty useless in OU.

Lucario@Life Orb
    Inner Focus
    Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.Def)
    4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Extreme Speed
    -Crunch / Bullet Punch

One of my favorite Pokémon, Lucario is one of my physical sweepers, and possibly my favorite. After one Swords Dance with Stealth Rock damage Lucario gets so many OHKO's. Other than that he really doesn't need that much description, so I think I'll leave it at that.

K, standard, don't run bullet punch though, just use Crunch.

Gengar@Choice Scarf
    Levitate
    Rash (+Sp.Atk, -Sp.Def)
    4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 Sp.Atk
    -Shadow Ball
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power (Fire)

What? Choice Scarf, Gengar's already got enough speed. Not necessarily, Gengar is outrun by a few things, but not with a scarf on, plus this way I can max out his attack by giving him a rash nature. Also you're probably wondering why I have HP fire, when I already have focus blast, well it's because I hate Scizor, and he's on about 30% of all shoddy battle teams so that's why I have HP fire. The rest of his moves are self explanatory.

Don't use Scarf Gengar. Its Pursuit bait. Use Life Orb, that way you don't get trapped by Scizor, and its not Setup fodder/Pursuit bait, you can also throw in Protect, so you can scout for what move it uses, if it uses Bullet Punch, switch, if it uses Pursuit, use HP Fire.

Infernape@Choice Scarf
    Blaze
    Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
    4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 Spd
    -Fire Blast / Flamethrower
    - Focus Blast
    - Grass Knot
    -Hidden Power (Ice)

Yea I have three scarfer's on my team I find speed extremely important when using an attack team. I have been using Life Orb Infernape in the past, but mixed Pokémon haven't been working for me, so I've decided that maybe concentrating the EV arrangement might help, and it has. It's gotten me a lot more OHKO's, but Focus Blast's inaccuracy has cost me my only loss with this team, so I'm thinking that I might go with a physical Infernape at the cost of my third special sweeper. Also I'm thinking of giving it a rash nature, because it has a scarf, but I'm not sure if I'll still outrun everything I need to without a timid nature.

Use Close Combat >> Focus Blast, better accuracy and you don't get walled by Blissey. Give it Naive Nature and a Life Orb or Expert Belt.

Mamoswine@Choice Band
    Oblivious
    Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.Def)
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    -Ice Shard
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Superpower

Late game this thing is unstoppable, with a choice band and Ice Shard it picks off anything that doesn't resist it. It has saved me from a few losses, and its great HP adds to its survivability, which really comes in handy when it's my only Pokémon left. At first I had Weavile in this spot, but I realized Mamoswine had higher Atk, and they both have Ice Shard, so I went with Mamoswine.

Standard.

I realized that I have 4 choice items, and I admit that it makes walling easier, but so far the choice items have helped a lot. But I'm still open to item recommendations, because I could use some versatility in my attacks. So far this team is 10-1, and it's mainly because of the core of my team (everything except for Gyarados and Azelf) so I'm planning on keeping the same core Pokémon, just that I could use some help with sets, EV's, natures, etc… Oh and I'm thinking about changing Mamoswine for Weavile, but so far there really isn't any reasons I can think of to do that.

Thank you in advance for all help.

^Quotes in bold above. Basically, you had too many Scarfers, which end up being pursuit bait or setup fodder fix those and your team should be good to go.

Last edited:
    Back