• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thoughts and Opinions on my team please.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    First time play through of Ultra Moon. My buddy and I always do opposite versions of the same generation and battle throughout the play through to see who had better team. So I'd like opinions on PVP focused team, not necessarily the gameclear aspect.

Current team is going to be:
    - Primarina
    - Charizard
    - Tyranitar
    - Magnezone
    - Zoroark
    - Sylveon

I recently obtained a Beldum and I know how strong Metagross is due to using him repeatedly in Alpha Sapphire. I'm just not sure who I should replace. Was thinking of benching Primarina. Sylveon covers the fairy part and I don't see water being very useful. If I run into fire problem I'll have tyranitar. Thoughts and opinions please? Also taking any change suggestions as I'm new to this generation of Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    To be honest, if you box Primarina, you'll leave yourself defenseless against Ground types. Replace Zoroark or Sylveon instead. If you really don't want a Water type, go for a Grass type instead. How about Lurantis, Tsareena, or Dhelmise? If you're gonna box both Primarina and Sylveon, Shiinotic is also an option.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • if you're deciding between boxing primarina and sylveon, i say box sylveon. you're going to get better overall coverage with primarina than what sylveon can give you. plus like feraligatrmaster said, you're leaving yourself very open to ground. charizard obviously resists ground, but a lot of ground types will come packing with rock moves too so that still leaves charizard vulnerable for that. i would suggest boxing sylveon and getting something else to resist ground and fighting, since half the team is also weak to that (two of which by x4). dhelmise makes an excellent option -- grass to keep the ground types at bay and ghost to straight up resist fighting pokemon and give you a better option there in case primarina isn't available. or if you don't mind more starters on your team, could always go the decidueye route. same typing and probably less of a pain to try to catch, cause dhelmise is kinda weird/rare iirc. rowlet isn't a hard find off the gts if you just breed a popplio and put it up for a rowlet.

Last edited:
    Back