• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex✓] (I need help)How to change waterfall and dive to activate with flags?[EM]

rubenturen

Also Known as: Canned Brain
Years
  • im using emerald
    Hi I guess that you know that when you go close to a waterfall with the move waterfall you can assend it
    (The same with dive just on dark spots)

I want to do so that it instead checks for a flag or item
    Instead of a move

Because I want to do so that hm dive and waterfall are upgrades of surf

So that I just need to do so that when you get surf you can't ascend waterfalls or dive in deep waters
    But when a flag is active you can do one of them and another flag for the other

I don't mind if you think that it's stupid
    Bc i just want to know how to do this

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    You might want to have a look at the HM scripts and try replacing them with your own scripts that remove the attack check. Once you've created your own custom script, you'd need to repoint to it via hex editor (replace the offset with the offset of your new one).

Waterfall's script offset: 290A49
    Dive's script offset: 290B0F
    Resurfacing from Dive: 290B5A

rubenturen

Years
  • You might want to have a look at the HM scripts and try replacing them with your own scripts that remove the attack check. Once you've created your own custom script, you'd need to repoint to it via hex editor (replace the offset with the offset of your new one).

Thank you very much

rubenturen

Years
  • You might want to have a look at the HM scripts and try replacing them with your own scripts that remove the attack check. Once you've created your own custom script, you'd need to repoint to it via hex editor (replace the offset with the offset of your new one).

Oh could you also give me the offsets for the other hm scripts

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Cut: 2906BB
    Surf: 271EA0
    Strength: 2908BA
    Rock Smash: 2907A6

Fly & Flash are a bit different since they're called from the party menu rather than the overworld.

XR8

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Hello, im with the same problem but in fire red, waterfall can be used only when you go to the water first, and i need to change this, how could i fix it to can use waterfall without surf?

Back