• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TeamZuru: Round Two~

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
  • TeamZuru: Round Two~

My last "TeamZuru" was a fairly successful team, but seeing as how Zuruzukin is my favorite newcomer, I felt I should spend a big longer constructing the perfect team to surround him and help him sweep. I think I achieved such success seeing as how I reached 32 on the Smogon ladder before stopping and figuring that was good enough (not really, I got haxed the next game and dropped to the 100's and gave up). So I present to you, TeamZuru round two! A bulky offense team! Now this team is pretty similar to my past team, but this one performs better so I figured I'd post it. I'm also pretty much done battling with it, so I see no harm in telling everyone the sets. :P I've got a new, sexier team now.

Team Construction

I would do this, but I don't remember. It was like a month ago. I threw in pokemon that made sense, the end. I changed some mons around to find what I like, and I like what I got.

TeamZuru v2.0

Mamoswine@Life Orb
    Jolly Nature (+Spe; -SpA)
    Trait: Snow Cloak
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    - Stealth Rock
    - Icicle Drop
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake

Mamoswine is pretty sexy this generation with Icicle Drop. He revenges dragons or harms flying types and servers as my lead. SR is pretty important to a Zuruzukin sweep as it wears down threats like Dragonite. EQ is obviously there just for STAB and it hits other leads really hard, especially stupid people who keep TTar in and think it won't OHKO.

Zuruzukin@Leftovers
    Careful Nature (+SpD; -SpA)
    Trait: Shed Skin
    EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
    - Bulk Up
    - Crunch
    - Drain Punch
    - Rest

Basic bulk up Zuruzukin. Most people don't know how to go about dealing with him, especially after their mach punch user is out of the game (i.e. Roobushin; Breloom). I generally wait until either of the two above, Dragonite, ect are out of the battle before sending him out, but I occasionally send him in as a status sponge because of his access to rest and shed skin. I find Burungeru and easy setup opponent as it generally tried to Boil Over/WoW me in hopes of burn. Quite funny to watch the opponent struggle after giving me a free +2.

Slowbro@Leftovers
    Bold Nature (+Def; -Atk)
    Trait: Regeneration
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    - Slack Off
    - Yawn
    - Psycho Shock
    - Surf

My Roobushin/Sandstorm sweeper counter to help out zuru. Phases with Yawn, heals with Regeneration mostly (so I'm actually considering something else over Slack Off as it's hardly used anymore) and Surf is for things like Dory and Randorosu. Pretty safe switch-in on just about anything but TTar (and sometimes Scizor, but he's not as scary with Regeneration).

Nattorei@Leftovers
    Relaxed Nature (+Def; -Spe)
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
    - Leech Seed
    - Spikes
    - Gyro Ball
    - Power Whip

I hate rain. And with this guy, I really don't have to worry about it too much because he's the perfect counter. Only issue is the focus blast love that runs throughout rain teams. So I gotta watch out for those. Every team, whether it's rain or not, seems to enjoy running Vappy. This thing walls it to no end and I love that about him.

Roobushin@Leftovers
    Careful Nature (+SpD; -SpA)
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD
    - Bulk Up
    - Mach Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Stone Edge

He's basically my Dory counter. Wow I hate Dory. So he stops that problem pretty well with a revenge or whatever, and Stone Edge helps out on the Dragonite problem that Zuruzukin fears. This is the first time I've tried him, because usually I spent all my time finding a proper counter, as opposed to actually giving him a shot myself. Quite honest, he doesn't do much besides stop Dory, but that's what he's for so I don't see a purpose in replacing him.

Desukan@Leftovers
    Bold Nature (+Def; -Atk)
    Trait: Mummy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    - Calm Mind
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Rest

I figured I had enough physical bulk on this team, and I needed something that could wall some special hits. :/ Obviously Desukan doesn't look like the best option, but I eat up a hit from some physical attack and start calm minding up for that special bulk. Surprisingly, he's done pretty well because I'm not sure too many people see the CM variant of him. They just don't know what to do I guess because I've swept teams with this. lol

There's my team. I'll add tasty sprites and stuff when it's not 11:30 at night and I need to read 100+ pages of a book.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Teams very slow and lacks anything to break stall. Your team is very easy to set Spikes up on and the whole "Wow im Sp.Def Taunt Skarmory weak" thing isnt gonna fly lol.

Desukan is dead weight on not stall teams with Rest and you dont even have a cleric to wake it up. Get a better ghost which isn't as bad set up bait imo.

Calm Mind is better on Slowbro over Yawn since you actually beat Bulk Up Roob and CM Ranukrusu 1 vs 1 then too by hitting its lower def with +6 Psycho Shocks. Put those last 4 Evs in speed to outspeed it.

Id suggest you remove Mamoswine for something actually useful too and put SR on Natt over Seed. This would free up alot of room and you have a free slot. It must be able to beat/check Landlos though still and not be as easy to wall and help with stall.

Still really slow though so if anything breaks through its really going to hammer you. Trick Room or paralysis support might help out this team quite a bit.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    I agree with the trick room idea posted above, all your team is slow and would really benefit from it imo.
    So using Rankurusu instead of Slowbro may help:

Rankurusu @ leftovers
    Magic guard
    Relaxed (+def -spe)
    252 HP 156 DEF 102SpD
    ~ Trick room
    ~ Recover
    ~ Psycho shock
    ~ Focus Blast / Shadow ball

0 spe ivs would make it outspeed near anything with trick room up, plus a good defence against stall.

Dusclops with evo stone could work as a backup trick roomer, here is a set:

Dusclops @ evo stone
    Pressure
    Relaxed (+def -spe)
    252 HP 252 DEF 4 SpD
    ~ Trick room
    ~ Taunt / Will-o-Wisp
    ~ Pain split
    ~ Seismic Toss

Only having 2 trick roomers is kinda flawed so maybe slot in pory 2 somewhere? Like instead of mamoswine and put Nattorei as lead.

Just saw this, posted by "lee" from Smogon:

"- My favorite Trick Room user is:

Celebi @ Lagging Tail
    Relaxed 0 Spe IV (incase of Knock Off I guess?)
    252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
    - Trick Room
    - Recover
    - U-turn
    - Leaf Storm / filler move of choice.

Lagging Tail negates the effects of Trick Room and ensures that Celebi will always go last no matter what. This allows Celebi to set up Trick Room, absorb a hit and U-turn out getting your sweeper in unscathed. This is invaluable if you're using a frail TR sweeper such as Marowak or Rampardos. Legendary bulk, Natural Cure, useful resistances and Recover allow Celebi to usually refresh Trick Room a few times throughout the match."

Just stuff to think about :)

Back