• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] New Starting Location

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2022
    Back again. Where do I have to add my maps to get a new game to start me right in the map I want. When I follow the instructions in Simple Modifications, it says my new map doesn't work. I have added it everywhere that I can think of, including: include/constants/region_map_sections, include/constants/map_groups, and src/data/region_map/region_map_entries. However, after I change the start location in new_game.c, it gives me the following error:

Attachments

• New Starting Location
      Error.PNG
      20.1 KB · Views: 12

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Back again. Where do I have to add my maps to get a new game to start me right in the map I want. When I follow the instructions in Simple Modifications, it says my new map doesn't work. I have added it everywhere that I can think of, including: include/constants/region_map_sections, include/constants/map_groups, and src/data/region_map/region_map_entries. However, after I change the start location in new_game.c, it gives me the following error:
    It'd be helpful if you pasted here your code.
    How did you write the constant of your map inside WarpToTruck? Did you add the MAP_ prefix?
    If so, don't.

You'll notice that by default, the code there looks like this:
    Code:
    static void WarpToTruck(void)
    {
        SetWarpDestination(MAP_GROUP(INSIDE_OF_TRUCK), MAP_NUM(INSIDE_OF_TRUCK), WARP_ID_NONE, -1, -1);
        WarpIntoMap();
    }

Meaning that something like this:
    Code:
    {
        SetWarpDestination(MAP_GROUP(MAP_TLACHITZ_VILLAGE), MAP_NUM(MAP_TLACHITZ_VILLAGE), WARP_ID_NONE, -1, -1);
        WarpIntoMap();
    }

Simply won't work.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2022
    It'd be helpful if you pasted here your code.
    How did you write the constant of your map inside WarpToTruck? Did you add the MAP_ prefix?
    If so, don't.

You'll notice that by default, the code there looks like this:
    Code:
    {
        SetWarpDestination(MAP_GROUP(INSIDE_OF_TRUCK), MAP_NUM(INSIDE_OF_TRUCK), WARP_ID_NONE, -1, -1);
        WarpIntoMap();
    }

Meaning that something like this:
    Code:
    {
        SetWarpDestination(MAP_GROUP(MAP_TLACHITZ_VILLAGE), MAP_NUM(MAP_TLACHITZ_VILLAGE), WARP_ID_NONE, -1, -1);
        WarpIntoMap();
    }

Simply won't work.

That is exaclty what I did. I added the coordinates of where I wanted to start which are (19,10) but other than that it looks the same.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2022
    That is exaclty what I did. I added the coordinates of where I wanted to start which are (19,10) but other than that it looks the same.

Actually, I did this:

{
    SetWarpDestination(MAP_GROUP(Tlachitz_Village), MAP_NUM(Tlachitz_Village), WARP_ID_NONE, 19, 10);
    WarpIntoMap();
    }

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Actually, I did this:

{
    SetWarpDestination(MAP_GROUP(Tlachitz_Village), MAP_NUM(Tlachitz_Village), WARP_ID_NONE, 19, 10);
    WarpIntoMap();
    }
    If you go to include/constants/map_groups.h you'll see that constants like these ones are spelled out in uppercase letters explicitly.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2022
    If you go to include/constants/map_groups.h you'll see that constants like these ones are spelled out in uppercase letters explicitly.

This was my mistake, I was using the map names from a different file. Thank you so much!

Back