• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Can you change all tree tiles (for example) at once?

Years
  • Hello everyone. I have a simple question. Lets just say you have a map like this...

Route1.gif

Yeah that's the classic Fire Red Route 1. Anyways, I found some better tree tiles that I may use in a hack. Is there a way to safely edit one tree and hit some button or something to make the rest of the trees follow suit? This is an extremely noob question, but I couldn't imagine reconstructing thousands of trees in a hack one by one. There has to be an easier way. If yall know a way to do this, can you explain it below? Thank you in advance!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    If you change the tile of the default Fire Red tree, all trees should change to that one. This can be done very easily with Advance Map's Block Editor, but if you're having trouble, just look around the Tutorials section for tutorials on how to edit/change tiles.

Years
  • Advance Map 1.9.5 also has a Magic Wand tool that can replace all instances of one tile with another, though I wouldn't recommend using that as your primary map editing tool due to its instability (MEH or 1.9.2 are better).

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    I disagree with the others, I don't think the block editor will cut it. With that tool you have a limited number of tiles to choose from. You would need to use a tile editor instead. As long as you edit the tiles, then all trees would automatically be altered. Still, make sure you edit all tree-related tiles as there are different tiles for different backgrounds. I haven't done tile diting myself, but I assume there are tools for it

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I disagree with the others, I don't think the block editor will cut it. With that tool you have a limited number of tiles to choose from. You would need to use a tile editor instead. As long as you edit the tiles, then all trees would automatically be altered. Still, make sure you edit all tree-related tiles as there are different tiles for different backgrounds. I haven't done tile diting myself, but I assume there are tools for it

Advance Map's Block Editor supports tile editing though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Advance Map's Block Editor supports tile editing though.
    Really? How? Are you sure you don't mean block editing, because I know you can create a new block from 4 tiles, but I don't think you can edit the actual tiles (except palette changes).

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Really? How? Are you sure you don't mean block editing, because I know you can create a new block from 4 tiles, but I don't think you can edit the actual tiles (except palette changes).

You yourself stated in one of your earlier posts that you've never done any tile editing before, so why do you insist I mean block editing when you haven't even looked into how tile editing is done? Advance Map's block editor, that can be accessed by clicking the purple puzzle icon allows you to save the tilesets as DIB images, edit them and load them back in, along with palette editing and loading/saving and expanding the blocks of a tileset. I believe it's the most common tool used for this purpose, if you looked for a tile editing tutorial it'd probably be with Advance Map.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    You yourself stated in one of your earlier posts that you've never done any tile editing before, so why do you insist I mean block editing when you haven't even looked into how tile editing is done? Advance Map's block editor, that can be accessed by clicking the purple puzzle icon allows you to save the tilesets as DIB images, edit them and load them back in, along with palette editing and loading/saving and expanding the blocks of a tileset. I believe it's the most common tool used for this purpose, if you looked for a tile editing tutorial it'd probably be with Advance Map.
    In my defense, I did check out the block editor. Didn't notice the export option though. My bad.

Back