• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
I'm trying to insert new pokemon sprite into a emerald rom using Poke Editor Pro and unlz-GBA. I have successfully inserted the front and back sprite into the rom using unlz-GBA, but when I'm using Poke Editor Pro to put the offset into it, the front sprite isn't showing correctly, with the back sprite showing correctly. Then I try swapping the offsets of the front and back sprite, now the new front sprite (i.e. the old back sprite) can't be shown.
I've checked that both sprites have been inserted into the rom with no errors. So it should be the problem of Poke Edito pro. How can I fix it? Is there any alternative to put the front sprite offset into the pokemon?

a.png

I try setting the same offset for both the front and back sprite...

b.png

and the outcome...the front sprite isn't showing...

Use Wichu's Advanced Series Tools to edit pokemon sprites
They're the best!

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2011
I'm having trouble with loading ROMS for advance map
I tried different versions of advance map and different ROMS but every time I try to open a ROM it gets an error

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
ok, I found out how to make new description for Follow Me...
Just needed to find in hex editor reversed offset of original description (pointer), then wrote new description in XSE, compile and copy the offset. Then change pointer to XSE script destination and it works!

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
another question from me:P
is there a know tool(or a tool that im not knowing) that let u change the order of the pokedex viewed in game and such. u know for example no. to be cyndaquil instead of bulbasaur and bulbasaur instead of cyndaquil and so on.
thanks in advantage

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
another question from me:P
is there a know tool(or a tool that im not knowing) that let u change the order of the pokedex viewed in game and such. u know for example no. to be cyndaquil instead of bulbasaur and bulbasaur instead of cyndaquil and so on.
thanks in advantage

There is one, for the Firered Kanto Pokedex, if that's useful, in the Toolbox here and a Research and Development thread about some useful things here. Dunno if there is one for the National Dex at the moment though.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2015
Making the "Pokemon" tab appear in the menu?

Hello everyone, im a very new scripter, as you can tell by this being my first post. If this is in the wrong section please kindly direct me to the proper section.

ROM using: Leaf Green

Ok, so my question is, i made a script, and in this script your little sister gives you an EEVEE as your first pokemon, but the problem is, i cant access my pokemon tab after she gives me it, but i can access that tab after professor oak gives me my starter pokemon... Ill include my script below.

Spoiler:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Hello everyone, im a very new scripter, as you can tell by this being my first post. If this is in the wrong section please kindly direct me to the proper section.

ROM using: Leaf Green

Ok, so my question is, i made a script, and in this script your little sister gives you an EEVEE as your first pokemon, but the problem is, i cant access my pokemon tab after she gives me it, but i can access that tab after professor oak gives me my starter pokemon... Ill include my script below.

Spoiler:

I once had the same problem once. In Oak's script, I think there's a separate command to actually enable the Pokemon tab in the menu. Correspondingly, I've also seen scripts where people have enabled the Pokemon menu while you still have no Pokemon (and surprisingly, this does not screw the game in any way).

That part of the script in FR/LG:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Help setting events

Question is bolded and italicized.

Hey guys, I played a rom hack once where the guy added in events but they were limited to after you obtained a certain badge, I'm creating a rom hack myself and have more or less taught myself a lot of things that I needed to start it and so, I've been working on it for about 3 months, now then my question, I want to add Kyogre into the game at Mossdeep city(Changed to Snowbound City and iced over it using Elitemap) So, if I make an entrance in Mossdeep city to an underground cave, how do I set up an event so that if say, someone hasn't beaten Wallace or caughte Groudon yet, they can't meet/battle Kyogre?

P.S. Sorry if the question is in the wrong thread, I'm a noob as you can see from my post count >_<;;

Thrasher24

~Legendary Master~
Years
Where can i get the Pokemon yellow Sprite and Event Editors? Also, how can i change trainers pokemon through out game? (wat editor?)

Also, how can i make the pokedex in emerald read EVERY pokemon in game? 350+

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
how do I set up an event so that if say, someone hasn't beaten Wallace or caughte Groudon yet, they can't meet/battle Kyogre?
Learn to script, and then check a scripting flag or variable as necessary.

Tip: Use a flag. The number of flags and variables that we can (safely) use is far more limited than most people are aware, and there are far more flags than variables (though nearly all of them are used by in-game scripts, but I expect you'll be getting rid of those scripts).

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I once had the same problem once. In Oak's script, I think there's a separate command to actually enable the Pokemon tab in the menu. Correspondingly, I've also seen scripts where people have enabled the Pokemon menu while you still have no Pokemon (and surprisingly, this does not screw the game in any way).

That part of the script in FR/LG:
Spoiler:
You are right =) Just to help you guys more, it's the setflag 0x828 command =)

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Hey, pretty straight foreward,

Whats the Palette Offset of Badges (I tried to take it from unLZ but it doesn't work. *Shrugs.

Whats the Unlz Number for the slot machine stuff, I've seen it before but can't remember.

Anyone know how to edit PC Boxes?

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
Is there any way to change bagdes effect?
For example I would like to use waterfall in overworld after obtaining 1st bagde.

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
Years
  1. As DavidJCobb said, there's no single command on this, rather a series of commands. since you didn't get what he meant, follow a scripting tutorial such as this.
  2. no, it's not ASM. It's level scripts combined with a normal script. To view the commands in detail, you just have to browse the level scripts on that specific map that has a regi pokemon inside.
  3. But you still haven't clarified what we said above, so we can't help you if you don't post a screenshot of these overworlds on A-Map.

The special for the earthquake is 0x136. Prior to that, you include these variables and set values to them in order to specify your preferences on that earthquake: 0x8004 to 0x8007 and 0x? as value.

Where the '?' stands is your number. You can put a number from 0 to F and adjust the earthquake. Finally, add a pause. The part of the script that causes the earthquake to start and then stop would look like this:

Code:
setvar 0x8004 0x?
setvar 0x8005 0x?
setvar 0x8006 0x?
setvar 0x8007 0x?
special 0x136
pause 0x??

Thank you for your Kindness. :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
For example I would like to use waterfall in overworld after obtaining 1st bagde.
I believe you would have to modify both the scripts that power the effects, and the ASM code behind them. To be specific:

To the best of my understanding, the behavior byte for the waterfall tiles (and the Pokemon menu, if you select "WATERFALL" from there) will call a piece of ASM code. This ASM code runs a badge check, and if you have the requisite badge, then the game runs the script at 0x081BE2B7 (which in turn checks if you have the attack, and handles the situation accordingly).

You may find this useful: info.

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2023
DavidJCobb said:
Rasenshurikenbum said:

I believe you would have to modify both the scripts that power the effects, and the ASM code behind them. To be specific:

To the best of my understanding, the behavior byte for the waterfall tiles (and the Pokemon menu, if you select "WATERFALL" from there) will call a piece of ASM code. This ASM code runs a badge check, and if you have the requisite badge, then the game runs the script at 0x081BE2B7 (which in turn checks if you have the attack, and handles the situation accordingly).

You may find this useful: info.

Maybe this isn't what the question was asking, but couldn't he just give the appropriate badge first? That is, simply give, say, the volcano badge (or whatever that's been turned into) first instead of seventh?
The only thing then would be where the badge appears in the trainer profile.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Maybe this isn't what the question was asking, but couldn't he just give the appropriate badge first? That is, simply give, say, the volcano badge (or whatever that's been turned into) first instead of seventh?
The only thing then would be where the badge appears in the trainer profile.
He'd also have to change around any badge-checking scripts, i.e. those on the road to the Elite Four.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back