• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overworld Shadows EX

Years
  • TZLEhed-Ec-K-min.gif

Overworld Shadows EX
    Overworld Shadows for Essentials v20.1

Important Update

Overview:
    Overworld Shadow's is an amazing feature that breathes life into maps and gives them some depth. However, older iterations of the script didn't work very well with v20.1, and are completely incompatible with v19. Moreover, it lacked compatibility with other event-based scripts and caused great amounts of lag with scripts it did work with. This Plugin aims to rectify that. The script has now been rewritten from the ground-up, with v20.1 in mind. Many interesting features have been added to the script as well.

Features:
    • Full Compatibility with Essentials v20.1.
    • Animation for jumping, based on the new jumping code changes in v20.1.
    • Custom shadows for each individual event, with easy set up.
    • Blacklisting events from getting shadows, based on event name.
    • Blacklisting events from getting shadows, based on character filename.
    • Blacklisting events from getting shadows, based on terrain tag.
    • Native Support for the following scripts:
      • Following Pokemon EX
      • Marin's Footprint Script
      • Marin's and Boonzeets Sideways Stairs script
      • KleinStudio's Always on Bush script
      • Overworld Encounters by derFischae
      • Pokeride script by Marin

This plugin is not compatible with Essentials v19, v18, v17.2, v16.2, or any other older version of Essentials. I do not plan to add compatibility for any of them.

Download Link

Please Credit the following people when using this script

Spoiler:

Instructions
    Spoiler:

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • The Plugin has been updated to v2.0.0. It is now compatible with v20. Here's the changelog.
    • The Plugin is now compatible with v20.
    • The Instructions have now been updated to include the configuration constants for Shadow blacklists.

Years
  • The Plugin has been updated to v2.0.3. Here's the changelog.
    • Greatly optimized the script by recalculating shadow visibility only when needed, instead of every frame.
    • Misc. bugfixes.

I think it was irresponsible of me to not clarify this before, so I think I should do it now:
    I will no longer be actively maintaining or updating this resource. The latest release of the resource will be left up for download, but will not be updated by me. The download links for all older versions of this resource will be deactivated. Feel free to add-on or extend this resource as you please, but do not expect any updates/support from my end.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by my extended period of inactivity.

Back