• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] How to index shinys with normal sprites ?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    When you want to insert sprites with Advanced Pokemon Sprites (Advance Series), the pokemon sprites must be indexed with 16 colors and with the size 256*64.
    But shiny sprites have different colors than normal sprites, it makes more than 16 colors. How do you insert normal + shinys in the rom ?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    No it's not the problem. But I just found out that Advanced Series actually does NOT require a total of 16 colors. The normal palette and the shiny palette must not exceed 16 colors each, but the TOTAL can exceed this number.
    Then the only thing is to index the sprite with the good number of colors.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    No it's not the problem. But I just found out that Advanced Series actually does NOT require a total of 16 colors. The normal palette and the shiny palette must not exceed 16 colors each, but the TOTAL can exceed this number.
    Then the only thing is to index the sprite with the good number of colors.

I would say just use G3HS to implement sprites. No need to index.

Back