• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] I have some important questions...

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2019
    I'm new to Nintendo Switch. I'm going to create a Nintendo Account and buy Let's Go, Pikachu! and of course, a Nintendo Switch. I have some important questions...

1- How is the Pok?dex? Can you discover and obtain all the Pok?mon from every region or just Kanto?

2- Do you actually get Mew with the Pok? Ball Plus Pack? If so, how exactly do you get Mew in-game and can you trade it to the unknown new generation Pok?mon RPGs coming in 2019?

3- Sadly, the Let's Go games don't support the Pro Controller :/ Is it really that big of a deal and how will playing the Let's Go games be like? What controller(s) will we use? I don't know anything about the Switch controller(s) and how it personally feels like to play games on it. Will it still be fun to play with the standard Switch controller(s)?

4- Are the Let's Go games considered a major RPG in the series like the generational Pok?mon games or are they just regular games to keep us busy until the new generation games come out in 2019?

5- Finally, do you recommend buying a Nintendo Switch along with Let's Go, Pikachu!?

Thanks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    I can try answering some of your questions, but seeing as how the game isn't out yet I might be wrong about some of the information.

1. From what we have been told so far, only gen 1 pokemon will be available. Apparently, the Alolan forms will also be obtainable, but I don't know exactly how one would obtain one. The new pokemon Meltan will also be available, but might only be obtainable by transferring one from pokemon go to let's go Pikachu/Eevee.

2. From the information I have seen, the Mew will be inside the Pokeball. Not sure how you would get it out, but it might be through mystery gift, or there might be some sort of in-game event when it notices a new Pokeball is connected.

As far as I know, there is no information regarding whether we will or won't be able to transfer these pokemon to other games in the future. I know we can transfer from Pokemon Go to Pokemon Let's Go but, that's about it. Also, don't know if you can transfer from Pokemon Let's Go to Pokemon Go.

3. We can't really say whether or not the standard controllers will be fun to play with this specific game until we actually can test it with the game. I don't really have an issue using them, even with a pro controller I mainly use the regular controllers. I'm looking forward to seeing how actually throwing Pokeballs to catch pokemon feels.

4. Some people say no, but I consider them to be. I consider any remake to be a major game in the series. Games that change the mechanics are what I consider to be side-games, like in pokemon ranger having to capture Pokemon with the stylus and not being able to keep the pokemon and pokemon mystery dungeon becoming the actual Pokemon in a dungeon crawler game.

5. If you are talking about the special Let's Go edition, why not? You need a system, and it would come with the game. Though, good luck preordering it if you haven't already. Preorders for exclusive systems go pretty quick. Each store will only offer so many pre-orders for these systems.

Years
  • For #5, if you're talking about the Nintendo Switch in general, I'd say it's definitely worth it and far more than just for Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. I'd heavily recommend doing some research into the Switch's library though, just to get a good grasp of what you're going to get yourself into.

Back