• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I'm all Pokemon-ed Out"

pkmin3033

My mother still plays the games, although she's not as interested as she was because she doesn't recognise any of the new Pokemon from Gen V onwards and she'd rather play mobile titles.

My father still likes Pikachu, but he doesn't recognise anything past the first generation, because he stopped paying attention after it stopped being a craze. xD

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • My parents never got into it. In fact I'm the only one in my family who even likes Pokemon haha

Not sure the older people in my family could even pick out Pikachu at this point.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    My mom didn't really think much of it when I was a kid. She thought it was dumb that I spent most of whatever money I got on Pok?mon cards and that kids were stealing cards. She did buy me cards a few times though and she bought me Red for Christmas and Yellow and Snap for my birthday. The only thing I remember resonating with her was Jigglypuff singing and putting everyone to sleep. She called it "Pokeman" like most people who don't follow it. She also thought Pok?mon Go was dumb and would ask me if I'm playing that stupid game again whenever I played it while with her somewhere.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    They never liked me being into it; even now when they see me doing anything Pok?mon-related they're like: "ugh, Pok?mon? You're still onto that?". My sister was into it back in Gen 1 - she had Flippos and trading cards - but only because of the hype. I only have like four other cousins who are into Pok?mon, the rest has no tolerance for "such childish stuff".

Kartanaheart

Origami King
    Years
  • They don't dislike it. My mom's favorite Pokemon are Glaceon, Delcatty and Blaziken, and her favorite type is fire because she thinks it's the strongest. Other than that, they're not really into it much themselves. My dad did play Diamond once, though.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • When I was a kid my dad would wake me up so I could watch the show before school, but my parents barely know of Pokemon nowadays. They had questions when Pokemon Go was in the news.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Not until Pokemon GO I saw an actual interest in the family of Pokemon. My dad seemed to embrace this and whenever I went out with him, he'd interestingly ask if there was a Pokemon or a gym nearby, at which point he would take me over so I could catch the mon or take down the opposing gym.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I don't really remember my parents being tired of Pokemon. I probably got some Pokemon toys sometimes but I can't really remember talking about it to the point of annoying them. They were well aware of it though.

My mum could point out Pikachu (and maybe Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle) but nothing else. (well MAYBE Jigglypuff but that's really stretching it)

If anything I annoyed my mum more when I first saw Animal Crossing (for the gamecube) in a magazine. I talked about it for weeks and weeks like it was the cure for cancer. (it didn't help that it didn't come out in Europe for ages after America)

Years
  • My Mum took a slight interest in Pokemon when I was much younger simply because I loved the franchise, but as I got older, so she went along with the 'Pokemon is for kids' and doesn't care for it.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • My parents never got into it, the only Pokèmon they could recognise is Pikachu because is the mascot of the whole franchise.

Back