• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Full Support for .Gif sprites?

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
  • Hi i was testing GIF sprites, i re-sized them to 2x Pixels, they looks normal and clean, but when playing in essentials they keep getting glitched up in some frames, and after the pokemon faints it reappears again:
    6edcp2.jpg

Also the animation of the sprites stops when the message runs such as "Pichu used Thundershock" and also stops when the hp animation is running. But the sprite animation runs when the attack animation is running because i added pbFrameUpdate(nil) after animplayer.update, so where else do i have to add pbFrameUpdate(nil) so that the sprites animate the whole time, just like in b/w.

Any idea of how to get these glitches fixed? , I saw in someo ther fan-games they have the animated sprites which are not glitched while playing the game

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2022
    Maybe try using the original un-resized gifs and see if you still get the glitchy frames. I don't think editing gifs is something a lot of image editors are well equipped for.

As for the gifs pausing when text appears, that's something I'm trying to deal with at the moment too, so I'll be looking out for an answer as well : )

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
  • I have tested the orignals and the resized, on google chrome they seem to have no error or could you advice me what tools i should use for essentials to work.

Last edited:

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • Where did you get the sprites ? I use animated ones too and it's fine.

About animating them, you need to add pbFrameUpdate(nil) where updates are made. More infos here : pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7608796
    I myself made the changes and it's ok (It's not very hard, I did it without huge script knowledge).
    I just have a little problem with the battlebox (the box showing pokémon hp, xp, status in battle) doing the slide animation twice when my pokémon is sent, probably a wrong update. Edit : fixed it, my pokémon won't be animated during a second but the battlebox won't come in twice. Just don't add pbFrameUpdate(nil) after this code :

Spoiler:

For the sprite of the fainted pokémon, just go in PokeBattle_ActualScene, and search for the line break if pkmnsprite.y>=ycoord (I can't say the line number, since I've made changes in my scripts). Just add after ycoord (at the end) "+128" so the sprite will go below the screen limit. You can try other numbers if you want, I put 128 but we may need less (just think about sprite size, big pokémon (like legendaries) can be bigger than the other sprites, so test with a legendary battle (menu debug -> test wild battle -> select a big pokémon)).

Also if you can find where to increase the battlebox insertion speed when a pokémon is sent out, that would be nice. I find the insertion too slow.

Last edited:

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
  • Where did you get the sprites ? I use animated ones too and it's fine.

About animating them, you need to add pbFrameUpdate(nil) where updates are made. More infos here : pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7608796
    I myself made the changes and it's ok (It's not very hard, I did it without huge script knowledge).
    I just have a little problem with the battlebox (the box showing pokémon hp, xp, status in battle) doing the slide animation twice when my pokémon is sent, probably a wrong update. Edit : fixed it, my pokémon won't be animated during a second but the battlebox won't come in twice. Just don't add pbFrameUpdate(nil) after this code :

Spoiler:

For the sprite of the fainted pokémon, just go in PokeBattle_ActualScene, and search for the line break if pkmnsprite.y>=ycoord (I can't say the line number, since I've made changes in my scripts). Just add after ycoord (at the end) "+128" so the sprite will go below the screen limit. You can try other numbers if you want, I put 128 but we may need less (just think about sprite size, big pokémon (like legendaries) can be bigger than the other sprites, so test with a legendary battle (menu debug -> test wild battle -> select a big pokémon)).

Also if you can find where to increase the battlebox insertion speed when a pokémon is sent out, that would be nice. I find the insertion too slow.
    So at what parts do i add pbFrameUpdate(nil) ?? can you send me a copy of your actualscene? (just asking, its your choice, or you can tell me where to add pbFrameUpdate(nil))

Also could you please tell where to get the animated sprites usable for Pokemon essentials? or the method which u use to resize the sprites, it would be really appreciated if you did. ^^

Last edited:

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • I just add after each pbInputUpdate the line pbFrameUpdate(nil). Except where I said in my post to fix the battlebox glitch.

I still need to check all of them, because they may not be needed everywhere.
    I made some changes in my scripts so I can't give you it or you may have some issues.

About the sprites, I don't remember where I found them... And it's 500+mb.
    You can find the sprites here too : http://sprites.pokecheck.org/?gen=5&
    Mines are the same, except some with a better size (Bulbasaur is bigger for example). I didn't made any modifications on it.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
  • I just add after each pbInputUpdate the line pbFrameUpdate(nil). Except where I said in my post to fix the battlebox glitch.

I still need to check all of them, because they may not be needed everywhere.
    I made some changes in my scripts so I can't give you it or you may have some issues.

About the sprites, I don't remember where I found them... And it's 500+mb.
    You can find the sprites here too : http://sprites.pokecheck.org/?gen=5&
    Mines are the same, except some with a better size (Bulbasaur is bigger for example). I didn't made any modifications on it.

Aww could you atleast give me some of the sprites like pichu backsprite and houndour front sprite, because when i use the sprites from the link you gave me, i resized them and tested them in essentials they still have the same glitch :/

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • Pichu back + Houndoom front : mega.co.nz/#!XUgEEIQa!3ib9tzGTaa52Op1saldBlvEZF6b8KS3uKSAHN4KuWBA

I can't upload 500mb now and I need to find where I got the sprites for the credits. I can't upload them for that too.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
  • Pichu back + Houndoom front : mega.co.nz/#!XUgEEIQa!3ib9tzGTaa52Op1saldBlvEZF6b8KS3uKSAHN4KuWBA

I can't upload 500mb now and I need to find where I got the sprites for the credits. I can't upload them for that too.

Thanks if you remember please be sure to msg me the link EDIT: the links dead

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • Oh yes I forgot about that, the back sprites are cut to save some Mb since we can't see the whole sprite behind the text window.

Back