• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Event Codes

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    Super noobie over here. What are events and codes that I see talked about. Any and all information would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Super noobie over here. What are events and codes that I see talked about. Any and all information would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.
    Events are basically when Nintendo decides to give away special Pokemon to the public, via Mystery Gift. Sometimes its something everyone can get, sometimes it's restricted to certain areas of the world. Usually a limited time offer.

Sometimes in order to get the Pokemon you need a code in order to get it. Sometimes it's simply a phrase they make known to everyone (like with the somewhat recent Arceus event that just required "ARCEUS20" to get it), other times you have to get something more randomized from a store or something. Not all events require a code though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    Events are basically when Nintendo decides to give away special Pokemon to the public, via Mystery Gift. Sometimes its something everyone can get, sometimes it's restricted to certain areas of the world. Usually a limited time offer.

Sometimes in order to get the Pokemon you need a code in order to get it. Sometimes it's simply a phrase they make known to everyone (like with the somewhat recent Arceus event that just required "ARCEUS20" to get it), other times you have to get something more randomized from a store or something. Not all events require a code though.

Where do we put in the code? I haven't found anywhere to put a code in. Or is it done on a computer?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Where do we put in the code? I haven't found anywhere to put a code in. Or is it done on a computer?
    Nah a computer's not needed, just an internet connection. Start up your game, and at the screen where you select your save file, underneath it should read "Mystery Gift". Select that, then "Receive Gift", and then finally "Get With Code". Punch in the code you have, and if valid, it will download the event Pokemon to your game. You then pick it up in game from an NPC inside any Pokemon Center.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    You do need to make sure your wifi is compatible with your 3ds though. Some wifi networks I've noticed have passwords that the 3ds can't do.

Back