• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Wacky News Thread

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    https://www.wtae.com/article/middle-aged-couple-attempted-to-do-dirty-dancing-move/10309415

One couple definitely did not have the time of their lives while recently attempting to pull off Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze's iconic lift from the 1987 classic Dirty Dancing.

After watching the flick over 30 times, bride-to-be Sharon Price, 52, and her fiancé Andy Price, 51, from England, decided they wanted to recreate the move during their first dance at their upcoming nuptials. But they soon discovered that it's not quite as easy as Jennifer and Patrick made it look.

Sharon and Andy ended up colliding and crashing to the ground; both were left with head and back injuries while Andy was left with a concussion. Luckily, they were quickly rushed to a nearby hospital, and were discharged six hours later, having made full recoveries.

Years
  • https://www.sfgate.com/news/texas/article/Man-trapped-in-ATM-slips-notes-to-customers-11285875.php

Man trapped in ATM slips notes to customers begging for help

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) — A Texas man who became trapped inside an ATM slipped notes to customers via the receipt slot pleading for them to help him escape, police said Thursday.

The contractor became stuck Wednesday when he was changing a lock to a Bank of America room that leads to the back of the ATM, Corpus Christi police Lt. Chris Hooper said. He couldn't let himself out of the room because he didn't have a keycard on him and was unable to notify bank employees for help.

"Apparently he left his cellphone and the swipe card he needed to get out of the room outside in his truck," Hooper said.

When he realized customers were retrieving cash from the machine, he passed notes to them through the ATM receipt slot. One read, "Please help. I'm stuck in here and I don't have my phone. Please call my boss ..."

string555

Banned
    Years
  • BREAKING NEWS!!!

The real reason that sidewalks have those cracks in them. You see, many years ago, they didn't have them. Ants would constantly get stepped on and squished. So finally, the different colonies got together and protested, making a petition with the cities. And that's why they now put those cracks in them at different intervals.

True story... >_>
    <_<

Back