• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first Poem: Like a Breeze

Shiroi Alucard

White Knight
Years
  • Like a Breeze

Like a breeze comes the end of a life

The life of one who once lived

Blows away in the instance of death

But, alas, with death comes rebirth

By DJBlaz
    (Originally created for English III Class)

Last edited:

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Very original work, DJBlaz.
    But could you tell me what kind of poetry you used here? It doesn't look familiar to me.

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • Now, I really like this poem, despite me not being a big fan of free verse. However, there are a few little things that really aren't at all important.

For the first line, it almost seems like there should be a period at the. The pause seems to be there without any mark of it. I'm not sure if you meant for there to be a pause there. =/

The third line has again the period at the end thing. It just seems like there should be a pause there.

The last line seems a little weird for me. Using the word alas makes it sound like the rebirth is...a bad thing. Is that what you wanted, or is it just lack of a better word?

Despite these little faults, I absolutely love this poem. This is a great poem that would be even better if you fixed it up a little.

Back