• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Events based on Dex entries/completion

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2020
    Hello,
    I'm not really good at scripting but I would like to add stuff based on the completion of the Pokedex.
    More specifically I would like to add for example two trainers. If the Player caught a Magmortar the the Event should activate a battle with a Trainer that got Electivire.
    If the Player never caught an Magmortar the Event should trigger a battle with another Trainer.
    So I would like to have a condition based on the Pokedex completion/entries not on the pokemons in the Team. It should definitly not be important which pokemons are in the Team.
    Another example is, when the player got dex-entries for charizard and Blastoise and the Player talks to the Professor, a wild bulbasaur should appear.
    Actually i am completely new here. i dont even know if i am in the Right section. Sorry if i´m not.
    I hope you could help me and thx for every answer. ;D

Years
  • More specifically I would like to add for example two trainers. If the Player caught a Magmortar the the Event should activate a battle with a Trainer that got Electivire.
    If the Player never caught an Magmortar the Event should trigger a battle with another Trainer.
    Code:
    $Trainer.hasOwned?(:MAGMORTAR)
    should be put in a conditional branch of the trainer event. If the player has caught one then the Electivire battle happens or else not.

Another example is, when the player got dex-entries for charizard and Blastoise and the Player talks to the Professor, a wild bulbasaur should appear.
    Do the same thing I said above but use this:
    Code:
    $Trainer.hasOwned?(:CHARIZARD) || $Trainer.hasOwned?(BLASTOISE)
    and have the Bulbasaur Event appear only if the above is true.

Last edited:
    Back