• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: FireRed Randomizable 809! (V1.0)

Years
  • Hey Everyone, My ROM got corrupted so I might not be able to update, I'll try and recover it but any Gen 3 editing program crashes while trying to read the ROM.

Hi There! This a patch for Pokemon Fire Red, to make it have all 809 Pokemon, and be randomizable! (It will be the same as FireRed if you don't randomize it.)
    Basic Information:
    Name: Pokemon FireRed 809 Randomizable
    Version: 1.0
    Creator: Greenphx
    Features:
    809 Pokemon.
    Physical/Special split.
    Day and Night.
    Decapitalisation (some isn't decapitalized after randomizing).
    Poison ends at 1 HP
    Click me for more features.
    In the next update.....
    Fix some bugs
    Add Alolan and Mega evos.
    Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Bugs:
    Pokedex sometimes doesn't work.
    'Give National Dex at Start' Crashes the Game
    Credits:
    Greenphx
    MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase
    Leon and UltimaSoul's FireRed Base
    Download:
    1.0, Click me to download
    Apply like normal patch.
    Randomized like normal game. (With Universal Pokemon Randomizer).
    Bye!

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I randomized TM's and picked up TM34 on the way to Bill's house. It had the description for Bubble Beam yet the attack name had a line through it instead of text and it was a normal-type move with 10/10 PP. I know Lt. Surge gives TM34 and gym leaders always give the same TM numbers even in randomizers so hopefully that gets fixed after I defeat him. Also it says fairy-types are in the patch but steel and poison attacks seem to be doing normal damage against them?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I randomized TM's and picked up TM34 on the way to Bill's house. It had the description for Bubble Beam yet the attack name had a line through it instead of text and it was a normal-type move with 10/10 PP. I know Lt. Surge gives TM34 and gym leaders always give the same TM numbers even in randomizers so hopefully that gets fixed after I defeat him. Also it says fairy-types are in the patch but steel and poison attacks seem to be doing normal damage against them?

Hmm, Fairy types worked for me, so I'm not sure about that one and I'll see if I can fix TM34 and other TMs

Years
  • I randomized TM's and picked up TM34 on the way to Bill's house. It had the description for Bubble Beam yet the attack name had a line through it instead of text and it was a normal-type move with 10/10 PP. I know Lt. Surge gives TM34 and gym leaders always give the same TM numbers even in randomizers so hopefully that gets fixed after I defeat him. Also it says fairy-types are in the patch but steel and poison attacks seem to be doing normal damage against them?

I'm pretty sure the - move happens whenever I add new moves. I'll see if I can fix it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2020
    Every time I try to randomize the rom, I get this error:

Randomizer Version: 1720
    ROM: Fire Red (U) 1.0 (ROM Hack)
    Code: BPRE
    Reported Support Level: No Static Pokemon

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 99
    at com.dabomstew.pkrandom.romhandlers.Gen3RomHandler.abilityName(Gen3RomHandler.java:2471)
    at com.dabomstew.pkrandom.Randomizer.maybeLogBaseStatAndTypeChanges(Randomizer.java:576)
    at com.dabomstew.pkrandom.Randomizer.randomize(Randomizer.java:187)
    at com.dabomstew.pkrandom.gui.RandomizerGUI$3.run(RandomizerGUI.java:1957)

EDIT: Figured it out. It crashes if you try to change TM/HM compatibility or randomize held items.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2021
    You may want to remove the NPC in Viridian that gives you one of each item haha. Also how do you change the clock?

EDIT: Actually, I can't seem to get the clock to work at all no matter what I do. I've tried different versions of Visual Boy Advance M and got nothing :/

EDIT EDIT: Looks like maybe you forgot to change your palettes? It was showing up as night no matter what time of day it was. I was able to fix it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    Mediefire download not working correctly. Always crashes after it finishes downloading

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2021
    Hmm Fairy type appears to be not working for me either. Tried using Fairy Wind against Nidoran and it barely did any damage. Wasn't Super Effective either. Also Fairy type moves are listed as "???" Under their type. Is that normal?

I just noticed that you said that game crashes if National Dex At Start is enabled but I did have that enabled without knowing and the game seems to run fine for me. Could that be what's causing this maybe? Not sure why it would be.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2020
    Here is Pokemon Fire Red Randomized correctly. I did it in version 251 (which contains as sprites changed to a new generation) Programs used: Exagear / Advanced Map. As I can't post links yet, whoever is interested, look for me on Twitter @vtrmaoel_

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2020
    Are mega evolutions actually in the game? Or do the items not work. If they are I have no idea how they work lmao

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2021
    Nice patch, but randomizing evolutions doesn't work right. It always makes the same 106 Pokemon evolve (list starts with Venusaur, Charizard, Butterfree...). It randomizes what they evolve into, but only for the same specific 106 Pokemon. All other Pokemon have normal evolutions.

Years
  • Fairy type Pokemon show up with a "?" next to the type. Also, whenever you try to use a Fairy type move, the game crashes.
    Also, has there been any fix to the National Dex bug crashing the game?

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Another unfortunate bug that I discovered is that at level 24, Skarmory starts evolving into Houndoom.

Back