• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My FireRed Hack Pokemon Won't Evolve!!

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Plz somebody help, I'm 60% completed with my FireRed romhack but I just discovered that whenever I try to evolve a pokemon, the regular music(not evolution music) keeps playing but the screen goes black and I have to reset it. I'm not sure when this occurred. Is it possible to reinsert the evolution subroutine from OG firered back into the rom hack?

Years
  • Plz somebody help, I'm 60% completed with my FireRed romhack but I just discovered that whenever I try to evolve a pokemon, the regular music(not evolution music) keeps playing but the screen goes black and I have to reset it. I'm not sure when this occurred. Is it possible to reinsert the evolution subroutine from OG firered back into the rom hack?

Observe which Pokémon does it, and check in a Pokémon Editing Program whether the evolutions for that Pokémon are messed up or not. If it happens with every Pokémon, then the evolution table has been messed up. Maybe the bytes have overlapped each other or just the evolutions are distorted.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yea I did establish that the evolution table has overlapped with something because it affects every evolution. If you know have the full table saved I'd appreciate it if you could show me, otherwise it's ok I'll dig through my old notebook. Just wondering if I can salvage the rom still without restarting :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Maybe by finding the full evolution table and reinserting or repointing it into the current hack

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I added new types myself as well do you think that could have affected the evolution table somehow, I think they're right near each other in hex

Back