• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Merging 2 patches

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 25, 2020
I wanted to play "pokemon emerald kaizo" and replace the pokemon sprites with moemon sprites. I patched a vanilla Rom with an IPS file of kaizo (using fusoya.) Then I took the patched Rom and added the moemon patch to it. however now wild encounters have no pokemon appear which softlocks the game. If I install moemon first it crashes. does anybody know what the issue is and what i can do to fix it?

Years
  • Seen today
This is not how patches work. Every patch edits certain offsets of a ROM, depending on where the creator imported data. If the offsets overlap they are not compatible with each other. This overlap is present in 99/100 cases in ROM hacks, so practically it is very likely not to work.

Back