• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My OU team version 2.0

srinator

my team at a glance

terrakion.gif
    jirachi.gif
    jellicent.gif
    scizor.gif
    dragonite.gif
    heatran.gif

well i think this team is pretty solid but i would really like to hear your opinions on it :)
    also i think this team is weak to rain boosted thunders (especially is scarfed) and earthquakes ...would like suggestion for help on that.

Terrakion

terrakion.gif

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Taunt

i tried rhyperior as lead when i first made this team , but there were a lot of shortcomings. this is a very powerful lead and helps to stop the opponent from setting up hazards using taunt , terrakion offensive typing is just amazing but , since i wanted a good lead i kept the choice band in the drawers . this set of terrakion is mainly for helpng the team as a whole by setting up rocks.also Terrakion can beat a common spinner Forretress , as well as Espeon and Xatu which reflect Stealth Rock and Taunt with magic bounce. so ideally i think this is perfect

Jirachi

jirachi.gif

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - U-turn
    - Fire Punch
    - ThunderPunch/ice punch
    - Iron Head

i had tech breloom here before jirachi but i found jirachi is much more satisfying in ever way possible. its an amazing physical sweeper . the reason i put in thunder punch is because otherwise my team doesn't have a elec move :O

Jellicent

jellicent.gif

Jellicent @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP / 36 SAtk / 220 SDef
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
    - Surf
    - Shadow Ball
    - Toxic
    - Recover

well i don't know what to say about this guy , it's a good switch against water types and the shadow ball also gives stab . toxic and recover help to a certain extent for stalling .

Scizor

scizor.gif

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - U-turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

well i had a LO scizor before this but i needed more power so a choice banded technician scizor :O it does not get better than this :D

Dragonite

dragonite.gif

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Dance
    - Fire Punch

one or two dragon dance can sweep almost any team with outrage and lum berry helps you with that , the fire punch is for the likes of ferrothorn , which otherwise is a threat . i can't find any fault in this one :) this is a amazing and a very powerful threat to any team .

Heatran

heatran.gif

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Flamethrower

i had a latias in as a calm mind user before heatran but my team needed a good fire user , but ever since the inclusion of heatran the team grew even more weak to earthquakes , now i thought of putting in a air balloon but those aren't effective after sometime in the battle , hence i put in a scarf to try and take out a mon early before it does any serious damage to the team

well that's my team and i think its pretty awesome .but i will be happy to listen on what you guys have to say about it :)

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Honestly, why don't you just max out on Attack and Speed on Jirachi and Dragonite? What Speed benchmarks are they aiming for?

Explosion isn't as useful in Gen V because it no longer halves Defense before it hits, so replace Heatran's Explosion with Flamethrower for a more reliable Fire STAB..

Back