• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spinoff] mikey travels through Orre!

Years
  • It's been a few years since I've played through the Orre Region, so I figured why not journal about my new Pokemon Colosseum adventure! Both Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkess are my favorite Pokemon spinoff titles - so I am pretty excited to jump back in to the world of Shadow Pokemon. I still pray that one day, even as unlikely as it is, that these games will be ported to the Switch…

I think that Pokemon Colosseum has one of the best openings to a Pokemon game ever - I remember when I was younger playing through it for the first time being in awe. We start off by robbing the cool looking snag machine from Team Snagem's hideout - and if that weren't enough, we also set off an explosion of the facility as we make our getaway in our cool hovercar. Now what other Pokemon game opening compares to that? I mentioned my hopes of this game someday being ported to Switch - it would be epic to see this cutscene with updated graphics.

After making our getaway, we arrive at a very cool gas station/diner in the shell of an old train. It is there that we have out first battle. Maybe I am blinded by nostalgia, but I think this game holds up pretty well. The visuals aren't horrible, the battles flow well, the attack animations are unique, and I love the double battle aspect to this game. It makes you think more and incorporate different strategies you normally wouldn't in single battles.

Also reminds me that I absolutely love the fact that Umbreon and Espeon are our starters - they are two of my favorite Pokemon and I feel just match Wes perfectly. Also like how they come already leveled up, giving the illusion that we've been using them for awhile. Speaking of Wes as well - I think his design is perfect for this game and the type of character they were going for. Absolutely love his design.

After winning our first battle, we head to Phenac City. This has always been one of my favorite locations in Orre - I love the relaxing music and how the water circles around the top of the city walls. Also can't get enough of that guy running around the water fountain with the Castform lol. Upon entering Phenac, we rescue a young woman in the middle of being kidnapped by two of Miror B's henchmen. I always thought this was a weird way to introduce this character who becomes your traveling companion, but regardless we save her and beat up the two henchmen.

While in Phenac, we also meet two important characters - The Mayor and of course, Miror B. I love how even though these games are mostly forgotten / never acknowledged by Nintendo themselves, Miror B is still popular and loved by people. Mainly due to this amazing theme, but also his design. Truly one of the best characters Pokemon has ever given us!

After our time in Phenac, we arrive in Pyrite Town. The theme song of this town has been stuck in my mind ever since playing for the first time. While we're here, we battle some trainers in the battle circle so that we can grab some of our first Shadow Pokemon! Below is currently what our team looks like:

Spoiler:

That's it for this entry! Haven't played the game that long so far but am having fun. I just love Orre and it feels great to be able to play it again. I'll try to remember to take more screenshots too to highlight important catches and characters!

Years
    • Seen today
    I haven't played these games in about 3 years.

Really hope you enjoy it!

Years
  • I've gotten through quite a bit since our last update! After snagging some our first Shadow Pokemon from the battle circle in Pyrite Town, we got thrusted into some different plot points. To summarize some of those smaller points, we had to:

- Find the missing gear that was stolen by Silva, which caused a blackout at the Pyrite Colosseum
    - Take on the Pyrite Colosseum to rid it of Cipher grunts after returning the gear and restoring the power
    - Explore the Pyrite Caves in pursuit of Miror B, who stole Duking's Pulse

During this time, we were able to snag some more Shadow Pokemon and meet a lot of new important characters, such as seeing Nascour for the first time. I actually forgot about Nascour, which is crazy because how can you possibly forget someone with a wild character design like that? I love it though!

Spoiler:

After beating our first Cipher Admin Miror B and rescuing Plusle, we were able to travel to Agate Village. I've been itching to get here, as this is where we can finally purify our Shadow Pokemon. While we're here, we meet the grandparents of our female traveling companion (who I named Solaris). Her grandfather, Eagun, was once a very strong trainer in Orre. To no surprise, it turns out Cipher is here - and Eagun runs to assist in getting rid of them. Unfortunately, he loses his battle with one of the Cipher grunts. Honestly I hope he has some other Pokemon in his PC or something, because all he had was Pikachu and went down pretty fast. So much for being one of the strongest trainers and a "myth"...

Spoiler:

After we take down the Cipher grunts at the relic where we can purify our Shadow Pokemon, we head to Mt. Battle to chase down the Time Flute which was stolen. Now - I kinda goofed here. I thought we needed the Time Flute to purify our Shadow Pokemon, but it turns out you don't, and I could have purified my Pokemon before going through 10 back to back battles at Mt. Battle. Honestly, the battles weren't hard until the end, when we came up against our second Cipher Admin: Dakim.

Spoiler:

Gosh this was an annoying battle, but I made it that way not knowing that I could purify my Pokemon beforehand. The main problem was his Metang, as I had no super effective moves to bring it down easily. Unfortunately, I had to kill the prize of the battle - Entei. Not a big deal, as there will be another opportunity to snag Entei, but I do need a fire type.

Below is how we looked after that fight…. yep.

Spoiler:

After that though, I purified some of my Shadow Pokemon which is a huge relief. I was getting annoyed with them going into Hyper Mode at the most inconvenient times. A bit of a shorter entry here due to getting through some of the smaller/tedious story stuff, but next time we'll be exploring The Under!

Years
  • Been a bit busy with work this week, but still made some progress! Since last time, I made my way through some story progression in both The Under and The Shadow Pokemon Laboratory.

I've always loved The Under. When I was younger and played through it, I remember thinking it was so cool to have a small city underground. The theme is another I've always remembered, it fits the location perfectly! The music really is one of the best things about Colosseum imo.

Anyway, we find ourselves in a small underground city filled with pro-Cipher residents whom admire Cipher Admin Venus. It's not long before Venus lets the citizens of The Under know that we're here, describing us as two spies. We have to carefully move around now as everyone is looking for the spies she mentioned.

Spoiler:

Eventually, we find the television studio in which Venus has been broadcasting her messages to the citizens of The Under. This is where we have out first battle with her.

Spoiler:

I really like the designs of all the Cipher Admins, but I think I like Venus the most. Luckily, her battle was not too bad. Her main strategy is to use attract - which is super annoying - but we made it through relatively easily. Unfortunately, I had killed her Suicune, so we're 0/2 on legendary dogs as I had also killed Entei awhile back. No worries, there will be more opportunities to snag those later!

After she loses, we have to chase her down into the subway. We are able to snag a lot of Shadow Pokemon during this as we battle a few trainers during the chase down the stairs. Eventually, we are able to catch up to her, where she again flees but drops the gate key to the Pokemon Shadow Lab which is where we head to next.

The Shadow Pokemon Lab is super annoying. There are a lot of battles with Cipher grunts, as well as no healing station nearby. The upside is that we were able to snag a lot of Shadow Pokemon though. Once we make our way to the basement, we meet Cipher Admin Ein and battle. His main strategy is to use Rain Dance to power up his water moves and take advantage of his mon's with the Swift Swim ability. This battle was by far the most annoying. I had to do it 4 times. On top of the Rain Dance shenanigans, he also likes to use Confuse Ray. Was not a fun time…

Spoiler:

BUT we finally did snag one of the legendary dogs, Raikou! So that made it all worth it. It's hard to believe, but we're already almost done with the game. It's been a really fun time thus far!

Baloshi

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2022
    It's nice of you to share this knowledge. Great job on your website. Your website has an amazing amount of knowledge.

Back