• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Transferring Data?

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    So I was planning to make a sequel to my game, but i don't know how to transfer save data such as pokemon stats to the other game. Also, if my first game was made so that your choices affect the story, would it be possible to change the second story based on switches in the first game? I know it's asking a lot but this is really important. Thanks in advance!

Looking for music composers and spriters. PM me if you're interested!

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Yes it is possible, you would need to look in pokemon load script to check data marshall, so if you made definition of load game files data use AddPokemon(trainer.party[0].species,trainer.party[0].level) for switches it woudl work the same way probably i dont test it remeber to put it without $

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    Certain knowledge of scripting is needed to do this advanced feature.
    Look at 'def pbStartLoadScreen' in PokemonLoad. You can put the main save data with other name and load the old one with the previous name, just load the data in other global variables line changing a '$game_switches=Marshal.load(f)' to '$game_switches2=Marshal.load(f)'.
    To block the player for renaming the old save for the new save you can put a switch check in screen to block it, but the best way is to put a new object in save/load method, so if the old save try to load as the new one, the game isn't load right, so it closes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Wow! Thanks! And thanks for the quick reply! I haven't tested this yet but i'm hopeful again!

Back