• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Forest Fire", my new deck

burnpsy

Pokémon Nerd
Years
hi, please rate this deck and help me improve it, but one thing: MY. COLLECTION. ISN'T. VERY. GOOD. got it?

...ok so:

Forest Fire (name no longer applicable)
"There's usually a thunder strike right before a forest fire."
Pokemon (24)

4 Chimchar (DP)
4 Monferno (DP)
1 Infernape (DP)
1 Infernape Lv. X (Promo)
2 Magmar (MT)
2 Magmar (SW)
2 Magmortar (SW)
4 Skitty (PK)
1 Delcatty (PK)
1 Azurril (DP)
1 Chingling (MT)
1 Zangoose (PK)

Trainer / Supporter / Stadium (20)

4 Bebe
's Search
3 Roseanne
's Research
2 Professor Oak's Visit
2 Team Galactic's Mars
1 Time - Space Distortion
2 Night Maintenance
2 Warp Point
1 Dusk Ball
2 TV Reporter
1 Night Pokemon Center

Energy (16)

16 Fire Energy

Strategy (outdated):
If you knew me, you'd know that I have a strategy for almost EVERYTHING.
This deck focuses on infernape as the main attacker, magmortar was added because I like fire, and I needed a good stage 1 fire pokemon, and I needed another fire attacker. electivire gets swapped in to take out those pesky waters, while miltank is for recovery, and azurill for getting my important cards from the discard pile (infernape/lvl x, magmortar, electivire, miltank, energies). Scott's are a precaution for if I can't draw my supporters normally. The rest is obvious.

This deck may look bad, but it's the best I could think of with my collection, please use specific card names to add and remove.

The only problem I
've run into is almost running out of cards, but I don't have any experienced players to train on so I wouldn't know...

EDIT: tried fixing my deck a bit... now it is a bit better since 2 Scotts AND 3 Stantlers were overkill.... so I added Professor Rowan and Night Maintenance in exchange for 1 of each of the cards that were mentioned....

EDIT: thanks airconditioning, but my deck's still a long way from done... (as you already know): -1 smeargle, -2 stantlers, - 1 speed stadium, +4 PlusPowers I still need to figure out what to remove for my other Scott...

BTW, STOP ASKING ME TO ADD RARE CANDIES!!! I DON'T HAVE ANY!!!and nobody will trade me anything so don't suggest that either... I can't afford to buy many cards or expensive ones, and eBay is out of the question!!!

This deck is also at these other forums:
http://forum.tcgplayer.com/showthread.php?p=1229542#post1229542 and http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70452

EDIT: deck update!!!

Last edited:

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2015
Oh my god, Infernape, Magmortar, and Electivire are all separate decks! And if you're going to use a stage 2 evolution line make it 4-2-4 or 3-1-3 and always play rare candy in a deck with stage 2s!

burnpsy

Pokémon Nerd
Years
Oh my god, Infernape, Magmortar, and Electivire are all separate decks! And if you're going to use a stage 2 evolution line make it 4-2-4 or 3-1-3 and always play rare candy in a deck with stage 2s!

sorry, I don't have that card...

and I am only working with one stage 2....

do you mind explaining why the first part is such a problem....

I do not run into problems playing my pokemon either, so the fact that I do not have Rare Candy is not the issue, it is how to stop myself from running out of cards so quickly, which I think I fixed in the above edit...

Last edited:

sonicyellow

The fastest
Years
GET MORE ENRGY

I think you should get 1 or 2 more energy so you always draw the correct energy you need for your current Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2008
oohh boy.. waayy to many basics ... instead of having al those basics add more evolutions and trainers sinceal those basics wont be any good in late game.. make your lines 4-3-4 and 2-2 and take out electivire since its to much pokemo... also do as the guy says and add candys... do that because of with rare candy u can skip stage 1 and jump from basic to stage 2

burnpsy

Pokémon Nerd
Years
*angry face*

I think you should get 1 or 2 more energy so you always draw the correct energy you need for your current Pokemon.

please ignore my younger bro, he has no clue what he's talking about...

oohh boy.. waayy to many basics ... instead of having al those basics add more evolutions and trainers sinceal those basics wont be any good in late game.. make your lines 4-3-4 and 2-2 and take out electivire since its to much pokemo... also do as the guy says and add candys... do that because of with rare candy u can skip stage 1 and jump from basic to stage 2

really?

I bolded some of the parts that make no sense... one, those basics were picked because those particular ones are ONLY good late game (except stantler...). 4-3-4 evolutions!? not only does that lack logic, but I don't have enough infernapes. WHY SHOULD I TAKE OUT ELECTIVIRE??? he's only in there for cover against water types... I already know what rare candy does, if you read my second post, I don't have any.... I don't have THAT many pokemon, I only added what I need, I took out the amphy (SW) line right after the deck was built because it's pretty useless, that's the only change I've made to my deck other than what's in the first post after I got those cards... I think you've got the basics= too many/ add evolutions thing wrong...

I only REALLY need help avoiding what this deck makes happen faster: I get very close to running out of cards. That's why this is here... so could you guys stop asking me to add cards that I already said I don't have....

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
First off, if you don't have the cards, GET THEM. Trade with a lot of people or buy off eBay to get specific cards. There really isn't much of an excuse for not having the cards you need.

Pokemon:
Waaay too many different lines, and you only have a single copy of your final evolutions, meaning you can't get them when you need to. And if they're in your prizes, good luck there. Run 4-3-4 lines or 3-2-3 lines with a few Rare Candies. Second, I can't see a strategy here- who is your main attacker? What does each Pokemon do to help you? Take out Azurill, Smeargle, and Miltank, since they're useless. Possible Stantler as well, but I don't want to mess with this too much since I don't know the strategy (if there is one).

Trainers:
Take out Speed Stadium and Scott, and throw in a bunch of Supporters. Also put in some Pluspowers as well. Otherwise, looks decent.

Energies:
Too many. Try to keep your energies to about 15 total. I'd tell you what to remove, but I'm still not sure what the strategy is.

burnpsy

Pokémon Nerd
Years
First off, if you don't have the cards, GET THEM. Trade with a lot of people or buy off eBay to get specific cards. There really isn't much of an excuse for not having the cards you need.

Pokemon:
Waaay too many different lines, and you only have a single copy of your final evolutions, meaning you can't get them when you need to. And if they're in your prizes, good luck there. Run 4-3-4 lines or 3-2-3 lines with a few Rare Candies. Second, I can't see a strategy here- who is your main attacker? What does each Pokemon do to help you? Take out Azurill, Smeargle, and Miltank, since they're useless. Possible Stantler as well, but I don't want to mess with this too much since I don't know the strategy (if there is one).

Trainers:
Take out Speed Stadium and Scott, and throw in a bunch of Supporters. Also put in some Pluspowers as well. Otherwise, looks decent.

Energies:
Too many. Try to keep your energies to about 15 total. I'd tell you what to remove, but I'm still not sure what the strategy is.

nobody ever wants to trade with me, ok.... (I'm not allowed to use eBay either) anyways, I don't have much money anyways, got it!!! otherwise I would already have a lot of rare candies.

I see PlusPowers as useless except for things like DP Beautifly's Giga Drain... gimme a good reason, and they're in!!! Scott's there to help me GET the supporters that I can't seem to draw!!! you're right about speed stadium though, any ideas???

I seem to think the opposite of you when it comes to energies, I have an oddly time getting them out...

The pokemon you suggested partially fill in where the trainers in my collection can't...

I'll add my strategy to the first post ASAP!!! (thx for reminding me)

I do my best with what I have or can get, that's one of my rules...

Edit: it's there now (my strategy...)

Last edited:

Amp

This is crazy.
Years
OK, so let me get this straight. You say you've done the best you can with what you have. You (supposedly) can't trade, and you aren't allowed to online shop/ are strapped for cash.

Well, if this is truly the best you can do, and you don't think you can get any more cards, then what're you doing here? You can run whatever you want in your deck, and apparently its been successful for you against the people you play.

So am I missing something? Sounds like you don't need any help, and are unable to act upon any help we can give.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
nobody ever wants to trade with me, ok.... (I'm not allowed to use eBay either) anyways, I don't have much money anyways, got it!!! otherwise I would already have a lot of rare candies.

Do you go to a league? If so, then I highly doubt that not a single person there would trade with you- all you need are some good cards to offer.

I see PlusPowers as useless except for things like DP Beautifly's Giga Drain... gimme a good reason, and they're in!!!

Let's say that I'm running a Hurricane deck (note: it's a deck that relies on Feraligatr MT's Energy Cyclone to deal damage). In my hand, I have 6 Water Energies, totaling about 120 damage to an enemy. Let's say an opponent has out Bastiodon, who has 130 HP. Regularly, this would become a 2HKO- but with a Pluspower, that 2HKO can become a OHKO. Pluspowers are very good if you know when to use them.

Scott's there to help me GET the supporters that I can't seem to draw!!! you're right about speed stadium though, any ideas???

Oh right, I forgot what Scott did for a minute. Anyway, include an extra copy or two of supporters you already have (like Scott or Oak's Visit), and maybe throw in a Team Galactic's Wager or two.

I seem to think the opposite of you when it comes to energies, I have an oddly time getting them out...

Which is why we have Supporters. Roseanne's allows you to search for any basic energy in your deck, so it can't be too hard- plus the fact that your other supporters allow you to draw in to whatever you need.

The pokemon you suggested partially fill in where the trainers in my collection can't...

Yes, but this comes at the price of not being able to do anything to an opponent. While Smeargle is out Color Picking, an opponent is either setting up to kill your entire field, or getting a free prize off of the little beagle. It's best to leave drawing and searching up to your supporters, unless your Pokemon can draw/ search from the bench (like Delcatty PK).

burnpsy

Pokémon Nerd
Years
OK, so let me get this straight. You say you've done the best you can with what you have. You (supposedly) can't trade, and you aren't allowed to online shop/ are strapped for cash.

Well, if this is truly the best you can do, and you don't think you can get any more cards, then what're you doing here? You can run whatever you want in your deck, and apparently its been successful for you against the people you play.

So am I missing something? Sounds like you don't need any help, and are unable to act upon any help we can give.

you've got almost all of it, but i'm still here because nobody's even TRIED to help me with the real problem: I almost always have about 2 cards left in my deck at the end, and it's the best of what I have that I can think of. I still need help, but nobody seems to read that 3rd last part about my deck's REAL problem...

BTW: more like overwhelming to the people I play...

Do you go to a league? If so, then I highly doubt that not a single person there would trade with you- all you need are some good cards to offer.

Let's say that I'm running a Hurricane deck (note: it's a deck that relies on Feraligatr MT's Energy Cyclone to deal damage). In my hand, I have 6 Water Energies, totaling about 120 damage to an enemy. Let's say an opponent has out Bastiodon, who has 130 HP. Regularly, this would become a 2HKO- but with a Pluspower, that 2HKO can become a OHKO. Pluspowers are very good if you know when to use them.

Oh right, I forgot what Scott did for a minute. Anyway, include an extra copy or two of supporters you already have (like Scott or Oak's Visit), and maybe throw in a Team Galactic's Wager or two.

Which is why we have Supporters. Roseanne's allows you to search for any basic energy in your deck, so it can't be too hard- plus the fact that your other supporters allow you to draw in to whatever you need.

Yes, but this comes at the price of not being able to do anything to an opponent. While Smeargle is out Color Picking, an opponent is either setting up to kill your entire field, or getting a free prize off of the little beagle. It's best to leave drawing and searching up to your supporters, unless your Pokemon can draw/ search from the bench (like Delcatty PK).

nice ideas, and what was PK again? if it's power keepers then I think I have it (delcatty)... the one that came with one of the deck, right???

in your first statement, it's the second part that's the problem... I have also not had a chance to actually go to a league yet...

I only have 1 more Scott, i'll add that in after this, but as for Oak's Visit and galactic's wager: I only have 2 and I don't have any (in that order)

Roseanne's Research is in the same situation as oak's visit...

ok, smeargle I understand, but what about miltank and azurill? I don't think I have a good card to exchange into the deck for those (that will fill in that role)... (with another scott i think i'll need less stantler...)

Last edited:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
Okay, your strategy is up.

If you knew me, you'd know that I have a strategy for almost EVERYTHING. But I don't know you.

This deck focuses on infernape as the main attacker, magmortar was added because I like fire, and I needed a good stage 2 fire pokemon, and I needed another fire attacker.
Hmm... I dunno. The way you run them, I can see Infernape and Magmortar clashing with each other a bit. To run Infernape Lv. X effectively, you need to focus on putting energies into the discard pile. But to use Magmortar effectively, you need to focus on attaching energies to Magmortar. Energies can't be in two places at once, so what you have is basically two random fire Pokes at half their effectiveness. It could work if Infernape (scrapping the Lv. X completely) was a starter in the deck while Mortar charged up on the bench, with some way to attach discarded energies to Mortar, but as is, it doesn't work effectively.

electivire gets swapped in to take out those pesky waters,
Waters shouldn't be a problem. Magmortar and Infernape both specialize in dealing huge hits. They can take out a water with no problem- weakness or no. However, Electivire demands a huge amount of attention. Even with Motor Drive, it takes a long time for him to build up- not to mention that his attack is so flippy that it's probable that you won't OHKO, even with Weakness (weakness isn't as big of a deal as it used to be). Either put something else in (that takes less space), or remove him entirely.

while miltank is for recovery
Recovery is only worth the bother for stall decks or decks that rely on an attacker being out for a long time. With an offensive deck like this, focus on beating the crap out of an opponent.

smeargle to draw trainers
Smeargle can't draw trainers.

and azurill for getting my important cards from the discard pile (infernape/lvl x, magmortar, electivire, miltank, energies).
Azurill gets killed too easily to do this job well. Stick with Night Maintenance/ Time-Space Distortion

Stantler and Scott are a precaution for if I can't draw my supporters normally.
Include more supporters, then. You should be able to draw them more easily when you have multiple copies.

Comments in bold.

you've got almost all of it, but i'm still here because nobody's even TRIED to help me with the real problem: I almost always have about 2 cards left in my deck at the end, and it's the best of what I have that I can think of. I still need help, but nobody seems to read that 3rd last part about my deck's REAL problem...
I'll think about that later.

BTW: more like overwhelming to the people I play...
... What kind of decks are your opponents using?

nice ideas, and what was PK again? if it's power keepers then I think I have it (delcatty)... the one that came with one of the deck, right???
I have no idea what was in the deck, but yes, PK is Power Keepers.

in your first statement, it's the second part that's the problem... I have also not had a chance to actually go to a league yet...
Then look up a league in the area, and start attending it. There are really good people at leagues, who could definitely trade or show you a thing or two.

I only have 1 more Scott, i'll add that in after this, but as for Oak's Visit and galactic's wager: I only have 2 and I don't have any (in that order)

Roseanne's Research is in the same situation as oak's visit...
Meh.

ok, smeargle I understand, but what about miltank and azurill? I don't think I have a good card to exchange into the deck for those (that will fill in that role)... (with another scott i think i'll need less stantler...)
Read above post.

Seriously, you really should attend a league. That's the only way you'll find good enough competition to help you realize what your deck needs to do better.

burnpsy

Pokémon Nerd
Years
Okay, your strategy is up.

Comments in bold.

Seriously, you really should attend a league. That's the only way you'll find good enough competition to help you realize what your deck needs to do better.

oops on the smeargle part.

I try to attend leagues, there's only one in my area, but when I try to, something ridiculously stupid happens that stops me....

hmm... so, good points, but what do I do? go pure fire and a delcatty line (that's the idea i'm getting)?

what cards should I add in?

btw, my opponents are: my little bro (sonicyellow, his "aqua fighters" deck should be on the site somewhere), and my friend whom mixes empoleon/charmeleon(pk) and professor elm's discovery

both of their decks suck...

Last edited:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
Typing != the ability to work well together. Just because Nape and Maggie share a type doesn't mean they go together.

Pure fire doesn't really work- it's either Infernape or Magmortar, one or the other. They're simply too different to really work well together (unless there's an easy way to attach energies from the discard pile to other Pokes- but that's something else entirely).

If you go with Magmortar, bulk up the Magmortar line to 4-3-3-1 (Lv.X), and add in a starter to keep Maggie safe while he builds up on the bench. I don't care if you can't get Rare Candies- just use proxies if you need to.

If you go with Infernape, add in a few Delcatties. Go 4-3 Delcatty PK, with 2 Delcatty ex CG's as well. Also, bulk Nape's line up to 4-3-3-1 (Lv. X). For more info, look here.

EDIT: About your sig...

burnpsy's sig said:
I only raise Pokemon naturally, I don't raise them for worthless IVs and EVs and at the same time I understand how they work...
If you could care less about IVs and EVs, but still understand them, copy & paste this into your signature.

That's a paradox. If someone really understood IVs and EVs, they'd know how completely important they are, and wouldn't call them worthless.

burnpsy

Pokémon Nerd
Years
Typing != the ability to work well together. Just because Nape and Maggie share a type doesn't mean they go together.

Pure fire doesn't really work- it's either Infernape or Magmortar, one or the other. They're simply too different to really work well together (unless there's an easy way to attach energies from the discard pile to other Pokes- but that's something else entirely).

If you go with Magmortar, bulk up the Magmortar line to 4-3-3-1 (Lv.X), and add in a starter to keep Maggie safe while he builds up on the bench. I don't care if you can't get Rare Candies- just use proxies if you need to.

If you go with Infernape, add in a few Delcatties. Go 4-3 Delcatty PK, with 2 Delcatty ex CG's as well. Also, bulk Nape's line up to 4-3-3-1 (Lv. X). For more info, look here.

EDIT: About your sig...

That's a paradox. If someone really understood IVs and EVs, they'd know how completely important they are, and wouldn't call them worthless.

hmm... well, i still know how they work, but I don't use them and then there's my win rate (I'll give you a hint, it's not 0%)...

now to the deck, since it will take me a while to be able to get the cards that are necessary for either idea... what do you say to this idea:

Pokemon (19)

4 Chimchar (DP)
3 Monferno (DP)
1 Infernape (DP)
2 Magmar (MT)
2 Magmar (SW)
1 Magmortar (SW)
4 Skitty (PK)
1 Delcatty (PK)

Trainer / Supporter / Stadium (21)

4 Bebe
's Search
3 Roseanne
's Research
2 Professor Oak's Visit
2 Scott
2 Team Galactic's Mars
2 Professor Rowan / 1 Professor Rowan and 1 TV Reporter / 2 Warp Point / 1 Warp Point and 1 Professor Rowan / 1 Warp Point and 1 TV Reporter
1 Night Maintenance
4 PlusPower

Energy (20)

20 Fire Energy

I'm looking for one decent deck... and I can't pull off any of the common ideas you gave me yet (then again, if it's an extremely popular deck combo, then I probably wouldn't use it anyways)

Last edited:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
hmm... well, i still know how they work, but I don't use them and then there's my win rate (I'll give you a hint, it's not 0%)...
I'll chalk that up to your opponents being unskilled.

now to the deck, since it will take me a while to be able to get the cards that are necessary for either idea... what do you say to this idea:

Pokemon (19)

4 Chimchar (DP)
3 Monferno (DP)
3 Infernape (DP) I know, but try to get more than one copy.
2 Magmar (MT)
2 Magmar (SW)
1 Magmortar (SW)
I told you, one or the other.
3 Skitty (PK)
3 Delcatty (PK) Make the amount of Basics you have proportional to the amount of evolved forms you have. If you only have one Delcatty, why have so many Skitties? But still, try to get more copies.

Trainer / Supporter / Stadium (21)

4 Bebe
's Search
3 Roseanne
's Research
3 Professor Oak's Visit
2 Scott
2 Team Galactic's Mars
1 Time - Space Distortion This is a great card, but considering how in-progress this deck is, you might want to use this as a bargaining chip to get the cards you need. Just a thought.
2 Professor Rowan/1 Professor Rowan and 1 Warp Point/2 Warp Point/ other combos
2 Night Maintenance
2 PlusPower You don't need so many.

Energy (20)

20 Fire Energy I still say you should scale this back just a bit.

I'm looking for one decent deck... and I can't pull off any of the common ideas you gave me yet (then again, if it's an extremely popular deck combo, then I probably wouldn't use it anyways)

Comments in bold, etc. etc.

Amp

This is crazy.
Years
I believe you have the makings of "Infercatty", which has gotten a bit of notoriety recently. Now, I don't play the game anymore, but it seems like if you have the means to build one of the most popular decks in the metagame, then you should be all set.

burnpsy

Pokémon Nerd
Years
*makes note of list (for later, MUCH later)*

hmm... as you can probably guess from the above statement, there are SOME things in there I can't do:
  • you already know about infernape and delcatty, so mortar will have to be a placeholder for a while...
  • oak's visit was also explained earlier
  • hmm... I may be able to get another night maintenance off my cousins, but other than that, I can't
making what I can fix into:

Pokemon (19)

4 Chimchar (DP)
3 Monferno (DP)
1 Infernape (DP)
2 Magmar (MT)
2 Magmar (SW)
1 Magmortar (SW)
4 Skitty (PK)
1 Delcatty (PK)

Trainer / Supporter / Stadium (19/20)

4 Bebe
's Search
3 Roseanne
's Research
2 Professor Oak's Visit
2 Scott
2 Team Galactic's Mars
1 Warp Point
1 Professor Rowan

1 Night Maintenance (MAYBE 2...)
2 PlusPower

Energy (20)

20 Fire Energy

making my deck have 58/59 cards (illegal)...

...so yeah, that's a good decklist, so I'll try to get the cards for it, but I still need to fix this deck up for now... these are the problems that remain:
  1. other than Professor Rowan, What'll stop me from running out of cards?
  2. what would I add if I decreased my energies???
there are the problems that are left, oh and my opponents weren't unskilled...

EDIT: my cousin flat out refused before I could make an offer, and he's only 5 and can't read!!!

Last edited:

Amp

This is crazy.
Years
What'll stop you from running out of cards? Quit drawing so much, use discretion, and if you're in the Red, work with what you've got.

It's all about knowing WHEN to use the cards. If there's no immediate threat to your team at the moment, you don't need to draw 20 cards this turn.

Back