• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Showing a picture inside the message box

Majarath

ROM-hacker
Years
  • Hello :)

Is there any way to show a picture inside of the message box in Essentials? This topic was addressed before (the topic's title is: '[Question] Pictures on the message box'), but nobody posted a solution. By default, the 'display image' option in the events editor displays the image under the messagebox, and not above it.

It doesn't matter if the text doesn't automatically wrap around the image; I'd just add the line breaks manually.

I'm totally lost, so any tips to help me get started on this would be very welcome ^^; Thanks a lot in advance!

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Not sure if this will work properly but you can always display an icon using <icon=X> where X would be the icon located in "Graphics/Icons"

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It will work properly, exactly as you described. There's an example of showing an in-line image in a text message in the example maps.

Majarath

ROM-hacker
    Years
  • Thanks for the quick answers! :) I must apologize, because I still have problems with the language and I didn't explain myself properly.

What I want is to show an image in a fixed position; overlapping the message box, but not linked to the text, so the icon command doesn't work for me.

I want the image to be any size I want and in any position I want, just like in those games that show the face of the character inside of the textbox and not outside of it.

Edit (Nov-6-2012): well, seeing that there is no answer, I'll edit with the 'solution' I've found, just in case somebody has the same problem as me. Instead of displaying the textbox, I temporarily disable the textbox and display a static image that looks exactly like it. This way I can add images on top, because the textbox is actually an image like any other. It's tiresome to do this in every event that needs a 'face', but it looks OK.

Edit (Nov-7-2012): Another option: leaving a part of the textbox transparent and fitting the image exactly inside of that hole.

Last edited:
    Back