• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Original World] Legend of Padilla (Original Story)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 7, 2021
This is something completely new and original I am creating so please any feedback beforehand would be much appreciated! Comments suggestions any of that (:

RACES OF PADILLA

Spoiler:

CREATURES OF PADILLA
Spoiler:

LEGEND OF PADILLA PROLOGUE

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 7, 2021
Legend of Padilla
The Tales of Osiris

Asaic 12th, 1325
Chapter 1 - Safe Zone
"It is time for you to come clean about some things here young man," two adults stood in front of a child, eye brows furrowed and eyes fixed on his posture.
"What do you mean? I have been inside all day," the young boy held his hands up to show his innocence but revealed bloodied knuckles and dirt on his palms. Realizing his mistake, he quickly hid his hands behind him, but the damage had already happened.
"So, then the complaints about some Regg beating up a Corleik today were just rumors then, Osiris?" the woman raised her eye brow in skepticism of the boy's (who we now know as Osiris) claim. She sighed knowing that her son was the one who beat up the Corleik, she knew how hard it was for Regg's to live up north ever since the war. People found it hard to be in the presence of the white-haired race. It was not the boy nor is parent's fault for their hatred, but when your race creates a mass genocide, hatred becomes the only thing people know.
"He started it! He said all Regg's deserve the death penalty and he hopes he will be able to watch! I could not just let him say that! How can I?!" liquid full of sorrow flooded the eyes of Osiris. The war has been tough on everyone. A lot of people have lost family, friends, themselves even. The world has become so divided that the phrase "Safe Haven" meant little to nothing now. Regg's were not entirely welcome up north and those who tried living in the northern territory did not stay long.

A long time ago Regg's were bullied and tormented because they did not have powers, only brains, and then they retaliated against the other races and caused a mass genocide. They went from being 35% of the world's population to 55% in a matter of only four years. Today marks the 10 year 'anniversary' of the war between Monarch Inc. and GBW Corp. The Monarchs are ran entirely by Regg's. They wish to eradicate the world from those with powers because they feel as though they are the superior race. They have managed to construct and build technology years beyond anything the world of Gravinea has ever seen. The Goliath Bird-Wing Corp is ran by Corleik's primarily, with the help of Altamone's and Vanutei. They believe that everyone should be able to live on this world collectively. Although they have no problem allowing Regg's to join their cause, since they are going to war against a Regg owned corporation a lot of members of the GBW found thought the Regg's working for them were spies and kicked them out of the Northern territory, for safety measures of course. Though there are a few Regg's out there that live in the Northern Territory, it will not be long before they cannot stand how poorly they are treated as the days progress.

"Why are we treated so poorly mom? Why?" Osiris asked her while wiping the remaining tears trickling down his cheeks. She beckoned him to come closer as she grabbed his hand and led him upstairs. Guiding him to his room she sat on his bed and gestured him to sit next to her. Osiris's father stood in the doorway as the mother placed her hands in her laps taking a deep breath.
"How the legend goes, Long ago there was a many known only as David Padilla. His origins, back story, etc. were unknown to anyone else. It was said that before there were the races everyone use to be something called a Human. Human had no special powers, their skin tone varied from off white to mahogany brown, they were just regular people trying to survive like us. David wanted to bestow a blessing among the people, but in return they would have to believe in him as a king, a ruler. They laughed in his face and thought he was psycho. David, being as modest and humble as ever, thought they just needed time to understand the power he was going to grant them, but when word got out about a old man wandering the desert looking for followers he could give powers to, a lot of people didn't like how that sounded, in fact they were scared and didn't understand how anyone could have powers. Things such as powers didn't exist back then you see, But when David showed them what he could do," Osiris's mother paused for a moment as she began to bite her tongue. It was clear on her face she did not want to continue the legend but looking at the eagerness in Osiris's eyes made it hard to turn him down.
"Yea? What happened? Tell me?" he said nudging his Mother as she shook her head, focusing back to the legend.
"When David revealed his power, that gave people even more of a motive to want him dead. They did not understand what it meant to have powers and from their perspective David looked like a monster to them, something unholy. They chased him out of every village, town, and city to where he could only sleep in the harshest part of the Desert; The Badlands. When a couple of village/townsfolk found David resting in a small hut, they kidnapped him, ransacked his abode and tied him to a rock."
"Wait but I thought he had powers? Could he have stopped them all from harming him?"
"He could have but he was too kindhearted for his own good. He knew his power and how quickly he could have ended their lives. Some think he let them beat him so that they will leave him alone for good. However, that was not the case. After the men tied David to a rock, they beat him repeatedly for five hours straight. Once they were done they left him on the rock broken, beaten, and sad. Off in the distance from that boulder he saw the region of Arila's tallest mount; Mount Gyaru. With the little bit of energy, he had left he traveled to the mountain and started to climb it. It took him a total of seventy-two days to climb the mountain, something that would have took a normal person triple the amount. When David made it to the Peak of Gyaru he stared upon the region one finally time before bursting into a dazzling cluster of lights. All the lights blanketed the region seeping into every living thing imaginable. It is said that out of the six races we know today, each race stands for a power David once had. Altamone's are the Elemental Magi, Corleik's are the Spirit Warriors, Vanutei are the Fissure Walker's, Czigus are the Astral Ghosts, Exatiaz are the Self-discipline disciples and lastly us Reggs—"

"We are the anus of an entire world…" Osiris casually blurted out. His father could not help but let out chuckle. His mom gave him and his father both a stern look before continuing.
"Regg's are known for having the most developed brains in the entire world. It comes naturally to us to pick up new tricks or to get things right off the bat. We can construct, deconstruct, and reconstruct anything we so please and it will be working better and better each time. Even the other races looked at us as the 'anus' of an entire world as well. They bullied the Regg's constantly, for centuries Regg's were tormented. When Regg's tried to challenge the other races they all beat and abused them to a point of near death. Regg's were forced to retreat to the southern part of the region just west of Mt. Gyaru. Though this only happened about four or five centuries ago, with how the war has been going, it feels like it happened a lot sooner than that."

"Hun?" The boy's father said as his mother looked down at him fully asleep. She smiled and stroked his hair, kissing his cheek as she laid him down on his pillow. Walking out of his room both Parents looked at their son one final time before turning the light off and cracking the door.

As the two began walking down stairs, Osiris who they had thought was asleep was not. He soon began stealthily following them making sure they did not see or notice him.
"I think it would be best if we considered taking Yasi's offer. She said she would even offer us our own house in exchange for us working for her. Did you at least think about it Kiari?"
"Of course I did Enzo, but you know Yasi expects us to join the Monarch's if we take her up on that offer. I want no part in this horrendous war. I do not want Osiris to have to go through that…I do not want any of us to have to go through that.

Osiris peered around the corner as he continued to eavesdrop. What was supposed to be a calm quiet discussion turned into a heated debate on whether the family of Regg's should stay or go. Enzo, his father, wanted to go obviously, mainly because they were treated like outcast in Galvin city, where they were staying. His mother on the other hand wanted to stay than move to Jun City because she did not want to a war she had no business fighting. She wanted no blood on her hand and would do everything in her power to prevent it from happening. Osiris wanted to stay. He could handle the constant insults and horrible comments made by the other races to an extent, but what he could not handle was the arguing happening among his parent's. In times like these you need more allies than enemies.

"I think we should stay," His voice broke the argument among his Parent's. He stepped out of the shadow from around the corner letting the kitchen light reveal his presence. Both his Mom and Dad looked at him, startled and embarrassed, "We are stronger than we let these people let on. Dad you even said it yourself, you put way too much money in this house to be kicked out by nobodies who don't approve of how we were born."

"I did say that didn't I. Aren't you supposed to be in bed?" He said jokingly. Osiris smiled as he went to go hug both of his parent's.
"I just don't want you guys to argue anymore," He said as he buried his face in his dad's stomach. Kiari, his mother, rubbed the top if his head in guilt as she knelt toward him, eye to eye.
"I am sorry you had to experience that, just know everything between your father and I is just fine. There is no need to worry. What do you say Enzo? Give it about one week and if things get worse then…we'll take Yasi's offer okay?" Kiari walked toward Enzo planting a kiss on his lips.
"Fine, one week. I might be being a tad bit generous with the period but we will see what happens," Unfortunately for the Regg's, they were being a tad too generous.

~*~*
The next morning was more eventful than anyone had expected. After Osiris came home from the Galvin Academy, the sight of his front door petrified him. It was hanging from one hinge and surrounded by shattered glass. Not knowing what to do he decided to carefully walk in. Terror was scribbling his face as he heard rustling coming from the living room. The moment he realized it was not his Parents who were in the house was when he knew he was in serious trouble. Carefully backing his way out of the house trying not to make any nose Osiris's back came face to face with someone's body. Slowly turning around Osiris looked up at the towering masked figure. A look of despair resonated across his face just the very sight of the figure paralyzed him in his tracks. A closer examination would show that Osiris wanted to move but for some reason he had turned into a living statue of sorts.

"Well Tesino I found the youngest one. Now all we must do is wait for the Parents and we can get started," The man standing before Osiris spoke with a deep raspy voice muffled behind the mask. Osiris fingers fidgeted but with no luck he stayed stationary.

"Are you sure the boy can't move Rize?" a men appeared from the living room. Shorter than the other man had yellow spiked had, black circles around his eyes with thick black lines running down his face from the center of the black circles. He looked a little too worried for his own good.

"I have read every tome there is to read when it comes to Lightning and paralysis. Do not doubt my skills. Besides, what does an Exatiaz have to be afraid of? Your race is practically immortal. Being able to grow a new limb and regenerate at lightning speed. It is something I wish us Altamones have, but being able to read these books and learn about the elements both known and unknown, it is truly fascinating."

A tear trickled down Osiris's face. Being unable to move or even speak was terrifying enough, but being completely helpless all together was the true fear that consumed him.
"Osiris?" A call coming from the front door shifted everyone's attention. Osiris tried his hardest to muster out noise, but all he managed to release was a tiny murmur of 'help'. The Altamone looked at him surprised.

"You managed to break through my strongest paralysis spell. And to be nothing but a Child Regg…I am quite impressed," The Altamone snapped his fingers as a transparent bind of electricity showed for a moment around Osiris. The binds caused Osiris's muscles to tense up. He tried calling for help again but this time he couldn't even move his lips, "Ah. Much better wouldn't you say?" Osiris's father crept around the corner making sure not to alarm anyone. He quickly pulled a knife from the counter and pointed it at the intruders.

"Leave my son alone," Enzo tightened his grip around the blades handle. He looked at his son who was frozen in place and a fire grew in his eyes, "What have you done to my son? What have you done?!"

"Relax…it is just a simple paralysis spell nothing to worry about. I'll release if you promise to leave this city and never return. The fewer Reggs we have the better," Enzo continued to point the knife at Rize the Altamone as he began cackling, "Put that knife down before you hurt yourself."

Enzo smirked at the Altamone as he flicked his wrist pressing a trigger on the knife which transformed its structure into a large dual edged spear. Twirling it in his fingers he quickly cut through Rize's hand in one motion. The cut was so quick that the blood in which spewed from Rize's stump of hand delayed its splatter.
Groans of agony escaped Rize's lips as Tesino, the Exatiaz, stood still; silent and terrified.

"Start talking now!" Enzo said as he directed his bladed staff at Tesino. The man held his hands up before quickly ripping his own spine from out of his back. As the spinal cord detached he straightened it out and point it directly at Enzo.
"You Regg's have caused nothing but problems! We want you out of this city by tonight or else more of us will be knocking on your door," Tesino said stepping over a few words here and there. Both Enzo and Tesino had a stare down for a good 10 minutes before a large jolt of electricity zapped Tesino unconscious. From the shadows Osiris's mother Kiari would appear holding what looked like a gauntlet emitting electricity.
"Release my son from your binds or else!" She said as she brought the gauntlet close enough to the Altamones face, practically suffocating him from its intense electric field. Rize smirked and snapped his fingers with his good hand still wincing through the pain of his severed hand. Osiris dropped to his knees gasping for air. Both parents continued having their weapons pointed at the Altamone as he picked up his severed had and the unconscious Exatiaz with his good arm. As Rize slowly walked out of the door both Enzo and Kiari made sure their weapons followed him with every step he took until they knew they were safe. Just before Rize fully exited the home he turned around just enough to catch a glimpse of the Regg's faces.
"Our offer still stands," He began as Enzo tightened his grip on his spear, "Leave tonight and you won't die. Sure you guys managed to take us down by surprise but try taking down an entire mob. We shall see how long you last," and just like that the Altamone left leaving behind an uncomfortable atmosphere.
Enzo shrunk his spear back to a regular kitchen knife as Kiari's gauntlets turned back into regular gloves. Osiris laid on the ground wincing from the aftermath of being bound for so long. His parent's hovered over him like guardian angels; weeping the afternoon away.

About several hours later Enzo had packed the family's belongings and placed them near their nonexistent front door as Kiari was upstairs with Osiris, saying their final goodbyes to their home.
"Why do I have to be a Regg mom? why do we have to be Regg's?" Osiris started crying into his Mother as even she had no idea how to answer his questions. Life had never been easy for a Regg. The bad ones are treated like garbage, the good ones are treated like garbage. Even if they were just born not even knowing what their race was or any race for that matter they are still treated the same; like garbage.

After Osiris managed to calm down his mother and father helped him get dressed. Once they were all huddled at the door they put their hoods on hiding the white curse that was their hair.

"Will we ever return back home?" Osiris's parents held his hand as they left their home not even taking a glance back. They were headed to Amum Station. The train would take them to the closest safe zone to the southern region of Arila, but they would have to walk the rest of the way to the check point. It was a risk and a journey the family was willing to take.
Leaving Osiris's questions unanswered the family made it to the station awaiting the next train headed to the Dunma safe zone where they would begin their new life as not citizens of the ancient domain of Galvin City, but citizens of the rusted metal sky scrapers and bronze pipe streets of Hun City.

When making it to the station Enzo and Kiari bought their tickets from a local Regg at the ticket booth. Although there were no words exchanged between them, the Regg knew all too well what they were going through. The tears trickling down the soft tan cheeks of Kiari said it all. She tried to speak and ended up burying her face in Enzo's chest. Osiris's eyes filled with guilt and sorry tried to comfort his mother by hugging her while Enzo finished the transaction. Soon enough they all got on the train an hour later and sat in one of the less populated carts. Osiris got the window seat while his mom laid across one of the seats resting her head in Enzo's lap.

"The trip will be long Osiris, you should get some rest," Enzo said as Osiris blankly stared out the window uttering now words. His eyes followed every object that passed his sight until all he could see was nothing but a desert wasteland. The trip would be long, but hopefully in the end it would be well worth it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 7, 2021
Chapter 2 – Expectations

Four Years Later
Nieri 27th, 1329
"Osiris sir, your parents paid good money for you to be tutored while they are away. So please just listen to me this will be over a lot quickly if we do everything right," A thirteen-year-old Osiris stared out the window of his home. Rain pelted the slightly rusted glass. There was something about the rain that brought the life into the bronze metal of Hun city. People seemed more cheery than usual as if a war were not going on. The rain connected everyone, you'd almost forget that this race caused a mass genocide if you lived here for a bit. Everyone in Hun City is reminded about their dark past constantly by the floating fortress known as Jun City were Yasi Jhun resides. Osiris focused his gaze upon the massive floating city where his parent's worked. He always wondered why they chose to live in Hun City on the ground rather than Jun City to be closer to work. He never had the chance to ask though because they are never around.
"Sir?" Osiris' gaze on Jun City started slowly forming into a glare. If looks could kill the sky fortress would have been shot down from its haven, "Sir?" Osiris' eyebrows began to furrow even hard as his glare grew harder. Only he knew the thoughts fluttering in his mind, but from an outside perspective anyone could see something was horribly wrong, "Osiris sir please! You'll develop wrinkles on your forehead!" Osiris snapped back to reality as he gasped for air.

"I'm sorry I was in deep thought," He got up from his position and walked to the closet retrieving a black poncho from inside. Putting it on he walked to the front door, "I'll be back Ericson."

"Back? Where are you going we have not finished our—" Osiris closed the door before Ericson could finish his statement, "That boy I swear is going to be the death of me on day," Ericson stared out of the window Osiris had been looking through. He too rested an unsettling gaze upon the sky fortress of Jun City.

As Osiris began walking down the main walkway he paid attention to all the other Reggs trying to sell low-end and high-end products from shoes without laces to watches with multiple ways of telling time. Neon signs began to light up as the sky began to darken. Approaching a stand with dry meat hanging from it Osiris pointed out which one he wanted and the man behand the stand handed him a nice sized goodie bag of the dried meat. Giving the proper amount of change to the meat seller Osiris continued walking down the path until he took a sudden left into a dark narrow alleyway that's only lighting was dim orange lights. At the end of the alley was a door that with neon lettering hovering above it spelling out 'Mourning Cloak'. When Osiris had approached the door, he knocked on it two times in four sets. Soon thereafter the door slid open revealing nothing but a dark hallway. Walking in, the door closed behind him.
"God what took you so long?" The darkness of the mysterious place soon vanished revealing a large bunker full of kids around Osiris's age. The one that had addressed him ran up and give him a hug. Osiris returned the favor as he took the poncho off, "Hey everyone Osiris finally made it!" a group of kids all huddled around Osiris greeting him and patting his back and shoulders.

"Finally. I thought for a second you weren't going to show. You still owe me another fight after what happened last time," A boy with a partially shaved head and crystal blue eyes approached Osiris. He had a lip ring that he was playing with using his tongue as he smirked looking at Osiris, "Don't think I forget."

Osiris smiled at the boy sending a wink his way, "Oh I didn't forget, I just don't want to hurt your feelings when you lose again," everyone laughed as the girl who initially spoke to Osiris first grabbed everyone's attention.

She walked further down the bunker as the rest followed her. Making it to a podium she stood on top of a stand and turned to face the rest of the group, "Hello everyone! As you might know my name is Cecile, and we have a new member today. A fourteen-year-old Regg just like most of us here. Make him feel welcome, we all were new here once," Everyone greeted the new boy as well as Osiris. After the meet-and-greet, Cecile guided the groups attention back to her, "Today we are going to rescue a bunch of baby animals from being slaughtered and crafted into weapons by the Army of Jun City."

"Wait last time we had to stop some Reggs from executing a group of Vanutei. Now we are saving…animals?" the guy with the pierce lipped spoke out. Some of the other kids began to question Cecile as well, "Why are you deciding that this is our best course of action?"

Cecile looked to the group as they all began questioning here. Nodding her head, she listened to their questions and concerns and when she had gathered enough words she finally spoke, "The Vanutei rescue was a success. We prevented the Regg army from obtaining anymore resources that would stunt their progression in the war. Any viable way we can continue preventing them from progressing, we must and we will take it. Although we are Reggs ourselves, this war we are fighting, the countless bloodshed on both sides, we are all going to end up killing each other. Our contact in Galvin city has been doing the same to help prevent any more crafting of resources on the GBW end. Do you guys not want to see or even feel real peace anymore?" The bunker grew silent. Osiris looked around at all the kids. All of which began looking at each other as a cluster of mumbling among one another began.

"I think it is a great idea," Osiris said as everyone focused their attention on him, "Every life we save puts us one step closer to our goal of world peace. We do not risk our lives because it is fun, we risk our lives because we want to see a better tomorrow. Saving these animals will be that better tomorrow," Cecile smiled at Osiris as she guided the attention back to herself.
"We can do this. I have faith in us guys. Arin, we need you on comms, get us linked in because within the next hour we will need to follow the caravan to the Jun City loading port. Osiris, Abigail, Delsin and I will be the ones pursuing the vehicle while Garret, Asi and Mel will be our ticket to safety, understood? Alright then let's move out," everyone headed to the locker room section of the bunker as they got fitted for their gear. Osiris went to his locker an opened it up. Within the inner door part there was an old photo of himself and his parents. He stared at the photo for a long second before tearing it off, crumpling it up and throwing it in the trash. Cecile watched him from a distance with concern on her face and silence in her voice. Osiris put on a black hooded poncho, skin tight runner's shoes that were also black and a dark grey mask that over the bottom half of his face from his nose to his chin.

About a good thirty minutes later Cecile, Osiris, Abigail and Delsin left the bunker through a back exit which had a stairwell that led to the rough of a nearby building. Once everyone got into position they all awaited Arin's orders since he was the only one who had a visual of everything happening in the city.

"Alright guys, we are going to need to run this nice and smooth. It has to be perfect, no time for mess ups. The convoy just left the substation. Let me see if I can hack into their camera's…one second here…wait…alright got it. They have about twenty or more cages in the back with two guards with them. The front has a single driver and now one else. Lucky for us they have no escort so this should be easy sailing," Arin smiled from his computer room as he began sipping some tea eyes glued to his monitor, "The convoy is going to make on brief pit stop, that is when we compromise the guards and the driver. We only have a total of ten minutes to successfully apprehend them, not eleven or twenty. Team A are you in position?"

Osiris, and his group where waiting on the rooftop staring down at everything below getting good surveillance of routes they would need to take in order for them to not be seen. Osiris pulled his mask down, "This is Team A, we are in position, just waiting for the word," Osiris had said speaking into a mic piece around his wrist.

"Team B is in position as well. We managed to make it outside the city to the loading port. Security isn't too tight, but more Monarchs seem to be present than usual. We will meet you guys at the rendezvous point, just manage to get the vehicle and we will transfer the animals to our truck," Asi said as her group was stationed in a truck a good few yards away out of sight.

"Well then team it looks like we got nothing else to lose but our lives. Let's just try to save some lives instead though," Arin said as everyone nodded. Waiting another five minutes Osiris's timer went off as he saw the Convoy leave from its garage. Everyone's watch pinged informing them that it was go time. The rain began to fall harder which was good because it covered the sound of the following footsteps created by the teams; stealth was key. Osiris pulled his mask back up as he began dashing along the rooftop with Cecile closely following behind and the other two following as well but keeping some distance between themselves just as an extra safety precaution. Osiris jumped from roof to roof as the others followed. Until they came to a gap that was too large for them to jump.

"**** we are going to have to go around," Cecile said as the others began running in the other direction, however Osiris remained stationary as his eyes scanned the distance between roofs. The others looked at him with worried expressions on their face as they knew what was about to happen. Osiris took several steps back tapping the front part of his shoes on the ground getting fitted for the jump he was about to perform.

"Osiris what are you doing?" Arin said as he tapped into one of the nearby camera's, "I know what you are thinking Osiris, don't do it, that jump is far too big for any one of us to make. There is still time for us to catch up to the Convoy if we make a reroute now," Osiris looked at Cecile and the rest as a frown grew on his face.

"Fine," He said as everyone let out a sigh of relief continuing their pursuit. Little to their surprise Osiris had no intention of listening to them. Backing up quickly a few more paces he ran full throttle.

"Osiris!" Cecile yelled as he gripped the corner edge of the roof with his feet, crouch down and launching himself forward at full momentum. Everyone's jaw dropped as they saw him glide through the air like a bird gracefully landing on the other side uninjured. He continued to follow the Convoy as Cecile and the rest rerouted to catch up to him.

"Are you ****ing crazy Osiris! I said we needed no casualties and you pull that kind of stunt?" Arin gritted his teeth as he gulped his tea trying to calm himself down.

"I made it didn't I? Don't underestimate me Arin," Osiris continued running as the others managed to catch up to him just in time for them to meet up with the convoy at the substation.

Leering over a roof Team A was in position to hijack the convoy. They were just waiting for the right moment and Arin's call. The group waited on top of the roof lurking in the shadows of the rainy night. The moment the two guards left from the back of the large vehicle Osiris and Cecile crouched further down waiting for the moment to leap off of the roof and perform the hijack. Hearts were pumping and blood was rushing, Arin even held his breath being certain not to miss the perfect moment to strike. The very instant that the guards entered the substation was when Arin called the shot.
"Now!" Team A leaped from the roof tumbling and rolling to the ground below them. Cecile went to the front where she quickly opened the door that the driver was leaning on and forcefully threw him to the ground slugging him hard in his face knocking him out in one fatal blow. Abigail and Delsin helped lift the driver back up and tied him in the passenger seat binding his hands and feet and even shoving a cloth in his mouth in case he woke up sooner than expected. While Cecile got into the driver seat, Delsin and Abigail climbed the convoy and sprawled themselves across the roof of the vehicle making sure to not be seen by the guards when they came out. Cecile stayed seated in the driver seat as Osiris was hiding in the back behind some cages. He looked through all of the cages and saw a bunch of Pulm cubs, Lolini's and Fumaha's. All of which were scared and frightened. He pulled down his mask and began to speak into the mic on his wrist once more.

"The Animals are here. They seem to have been sedated and abused but none are dead, awaiting your orders Arin," once everyone was in position five minutes later the Guards left the substation and just hopped back in the back of the convoy. One of them banged on the side of the large vehicle informing the 'driver' that they were ready to go. Cecile drove as intended and was headed to the Rendezvous point instead of the loading port. After about another ten or so minutes once they area around the guards was becoming unfamiliar they tried to halt the driver.

"Hey where are you going?! This isn't the route to the loading port. Stop the truck!" However, Cecile kept driving to the rendezvous point she pulled her mask down and began silently speaking into her mic.

"They might be on to us here soon. If they discover that they have been compromised we still go with the initial plan," She said as she continued driving.

"Are you guys sure you won't be needing us?" Asi with Team B asked.
"No, there is a reason I position Osiris in the back," Arin stated as he started flipping through the many monitors before him making sure he had eyes on everyone. One of the Guards walked further into the back of the truck as it was still in motion. He slid up some kind of mini door which revealed a window that lead to the front of the truck. It was then that he spotted Cecile driving and the driver unconscious and bound.

"**** call our group at the loading port, we have been compromised!" He said as the other guard pulled a device from his belt in an attempt to call for backup.

"Oh no you don't," Arin said as he pressed a button near his mouse cutting off all cellular connections going in and out of the truck.

"Signal is jammed!" the guard said as he attempted to break through the window to grab Cecile. That was Osiris's que. He lunged from behind the cages and jump kicked the guard pushing him away from the window, "You little punk!" The guard said pulling out a shock baton as he began swinging it in Osiris's direction. He effortlessly dodged each blow applied by the guard and responded with a solid punch in the chest. The other guard managed to catch Osiris off guard coming up from behind him grabbing and holding him restraining the movement of his arms. Without missing a beat the other guard shocked Osiris with the baton pressing it deep in the center of his chest.

"Ahh!" Osiris said screaming in agony as he soon passed out from the blow.
"Osiris!" Cecile said trying not to look away from the road.
"Tie him up over their now!" The guard said as he was about get some rope for Osiris, that was until Osiris used the guard holding him as a counter weight kicking the guard in front of him hard enough to sending him flying out of the back end of the truck as a cage holding a pulm cub fell out with the guard.

"You little *****!" the guard tried punching Osiris but he managed to dodge the attack and use the weight of the guard against him also throwing him out of the truck.

"A cage fell out; I am going to get it!" Osiris said as he jumped out the end of the truck after the guards and the cage.

"Wait what! Osiris leave the cage we have what we are looking for!" Arin said but Osiris was already tumbling out of the truck toward the guards and the cage, "Dammit Osiris, Cecile get to the Rendezvous point and hurry we need to gather all of the cages there and now or else we will be in deep trouble."

"What about Osiris?" Asi and Cecile both said.

"He is resourceful…I'll give him that," Arin left it at that as the mission continued

Back to Osiris as he managed to pick himself from off of the ground dusting any dirt off of his clothes he saw that the Pulm had fallen out of the now broken cage. It was too scared to move and didn't have enough energy to bite Osiris in an attempt to protect itself. The venom a Pulm carries is extremely deadly and can instantly kill a person if they do not get treatment within five minutes of being beaten.

"You little ****, you think you can get away with this?" One of the guards said as they both got up to face Osiris.

"Hand over the Pulm now! That is Monarch property!" He said as he lunged at Osiris grabbing his arm. The pulm itself found some energy in its body, enough to sink its fangs into the arm of the Guard, who almost instantly went into cardiac arrest. He clenched his chest as the arm that was bitten began deteriorating from the lethal venom melting the skin.

"Dammit! You'll pay for this!" the man said as he ran toward Osiris.

"yea, we'll see about that," Osiris quickly put the pulm down behind him and charged at the Guard with the same speed.

~*~*~

"Are these all of the cages?" Asi asked as Cecile and Delsin continued to help load the rendezvous truck.
"Yea that's everything," Abigail spoke, "Are you sure Osiris will be fine? I feel as though I could have helped, but I didn't want to compromise the mission…we can't all have our faces shown," Everyone grew silent before Arin broke the silence.

"Osiris is a risk taker, that is a given. We just have to play around the cards he deals us sometimes…if he isn't fine he at least made it easier for us to complete our mission. We have him to thank for that. It is time for us all to make it back to the bunker. We are still on a schedule. Cecile you have the package I gave to you right?" Arin said as Cecile pulled out a dome shaped object from under her poncho and placed it underneath the truck.

"The package has been placed, let's get out of here," Cecile said as the group all headed in the truck back towards the bunker. After about four minutes the truck erupted in a fiery explosion, leaving no traces of the kids being there at all.

"Osiris will be fine...I know he will," Cecile said as the group drove off into the still rainy night.

...I just know it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 7, 2021
Chapter 3 ? Short Comings
Nieri 27th, 1329
?Are you sure these are all the rescued animals?? Arin asked Cecile as they began releasing the animals from their cages one by one making sure they are alright to be released into the wild.

?All but one is accounted for?that was the cage Osiris had gone after,? Cecile was getting choked up. The whereabouts of Osiris was unknown to just about everyone. Whether he was safe, injured or even dead would not be information known by the bunker kids.

?Why did he have to go after that cage?I can?t even get a hold of him. His mic might have been busted or god knows what. Let?s just gather the animals here and prepare to send them back to where they belong. There is the escape tunnel underneath the bunker which leads all the way out of the city into Saidala valley. It?ll take a few days to travel through but it?s the safest option for right now,? Cecile nodded as herself and Asi began tending to any wounds the animals might have. All of which seemed frightened but friendly. It made it easier for them to get their job done.

A baby Pulm had walked up to Cecile on its own and nudged itself against her. She looked down at it as water began to well up in her eyes. It felt her pain and sensed her worry. Herself and Osiris had been friends for years. Ever since he first moved to Hun city after having to leave Galvin. She was the first friend he had made and they developed that relationship into something even more.

Wiping her eyes Cecile sniffled a bit as Asi came up from behind her and patted her back trying to comfort Cecile, ?We might not have parents like Osiris, but we have each other Cecile. We are here for you,? Asi hugged Cecile as the Pulm licked her hand.

?It?s so funny, I rescue animals and have no idea what half of them are,? Cecile let out a soft chuckle as Asi joined her.
?Pulm are my favorite kind of animal to be honest. They are sabre tooth serpent tigers. They have cat like bodies however they have scales around their legs feet and tails and have serpent like eyes and tongues. They carry a rather potent venom in their fangs. If you look closely enough you can see it sloshing around. A pulm?s venom is said to be the most deadly venom in the entire world. Cubs usually carry the venom in their fangs until they get older then they naturally produce it in their claws,? Cecile looked at Asi amazed that she knew so much about the creature.
?Aren?t you such a know-it-all,? She said jokingly then she pointed to a sleeping Lolini, ?Okay then explain the lolini?s to me.?

?Lolini?s are a fox and wolf hybrid. Their colors vary from season to season but all in all the males are the ones that develop beautiful antlers when fully mature. All Lolini antlers are different as no two look the same. On a rare occasion, female Lolini have the ability to develop antlers but that is only if they have become the leader of their pack. Females tend to have six tales while male lolini?s tend to have four tales, but you might usually come across five tailed lolini?s as that seems to be more common among the animals,? Everyone gather around Asi as they all looked at her in awe. Her knowledge about the creatures was truly fascinating.

?What about that one!? A little boy shouted from the back as he pointed at a baby Fumaha lying on the ground playing with some fabric.

?That is a fumaha. They can naturally live in any environment, however they have to ability to change their genetics in order to better accommodate their survival in said environments. For example, when submerged in water they develop gills, lose their fur, gain webbed feet and obtain scales. They also gain multiple rows of 5 inch razor sharp teeth and become a rather deadly aquatic creature. Their yes glow a luminous blue underwater. When put on land it takes about an hour to gain their fur back, they regain their land paws and large claws. Their fur is usually pure white or a dusty silver color. And the sharp rows of teeth they had revert back to something smaller and harder bone-breaking-chompers. Though I have not seen it myself when a fumaha runs out of meat to eat, they can survive years off of rocks, bark and bones,? Everyone was so amazed by how cool the animals they rescued were, they were even happier that they were able to rescue them now knowing how viable they would have been to the Monarchs.

Cecile smiled at Asi but the faint thought of Osiris still lingered in the back of her mind. She took a deep breath as an abrupt pounding the door to their lair silenced everyone almost instantly.

Arin looked at Cecile who then looked at Asi. Asi signaled Delsin to go to the door as he pulled out a gun from a hidden compartment in the wall he was just near. Carefully walking over to the door as the pounding continued, Delsin cautiously slid open to peep hole to see who had been knocking. His eyes grew wide when he had finally had seen who it was. Quickly opening the door, a beaten up Osiris with a Baby Pulm in his arms stumbled in the bunker as everyone?s jaw dropped.

Cecile almost instantly ran over to Osiris hugging both him and Pulm. He winced from the pain but placed his free arm around her hugging her just as hard. Without a moment?s hesitation Cecile slapped Osiris across the face loud enough to wake an entire cemetery. He held his face and looked at her knowing he was in trouble.

?Look before you say anything I know I am in trouble. I couldn?t let this Pulm be the only one who was not rescued?and I thought our Motto was leave no one behind,? Osiris laughed nervously as Arin slow walked toward him. No words were exchanged between the two, just eye contact and heavy stares. No one knew what was going to happen between the pair so they all stood back as the pulm in Osiris?s arm jumped down and hid behind Cecile who to back up. Arin let out a large sigh as did Osiris. The two exchanged a rather unexpected hug as well.

?Although you are a dangerous bastard?as much as I hate to admit this, none of this would be possible without you. Though you constantly give this team a headache and near heart attacks?we wouldn?t be able to do any of this without you,? the two exchanged a friendly smile.

?Awh, are you going soft on me now Arin?? Arin?s eyebrows furrowed as he flipped off Osiris ad walked away.

?So what?s the next move?? Osiris asked sitting down on a nearby bench.

?You are not going anywhere? Do you see your wounds? We need to tend to these now,? Asi said as she gestured over Abigail to come and help her. They both helped Osiris out of his poncho and undershirt as they saw quite a few lashes and several burn marks on his body caused by electricity. The two of them began to get to work as they wiped his body down with a disinfectant and began applying various stitches, ointment and bandages to the necessary areas on his body.
?Why thank you ladies, but seriously what is the next move? What are we doing with the animals??
?Arin wants us to use the escape tunnel that leads to Saidala Valley. It will take a few days there and back to distribute the Animals but if I can fix up the jeep in the tunnel we should be able to cut that time in half,? Asi replied.

?Wait?are all of the animals going to Saidala Valley?? Osiris questioned.
?Yes, why do you ask?? Arin looked at Osiris as he began pointing to each one of the animals in the room.
?That Pulm over there has a dark green and grey pelt, its natural habitat is in Eastern odrea, Pulms like that are passive and non-violent, they would not last a day in the harsh environment of Saidala. The Pulm over there has an orange and off white pelt meaning it lives up north in the GBW territory,? Arin took a look at the animals in the room as he pinched the bridge of his nose letting out a sigh of realization, ?The only animals here that can naturally survive in any climate are the Lolini?s and Fumaha. We rescued these animals, we don?t want to send them out to get killed before they even reach maturity.?

?He?s right,? Arin stated as he walked back to his monitor and began typing something out. After pressing the final button a pinging noise could be heard coming from the screen as soon a person was shown for everyone to see.

?You called Arin? Everythin? alright?? The man speaking had dimmed magenta hair and gleaming purple eyes. His hair was braided into a Mohawk and he had on black rimmed glasses.

?Hey Daro, we have a bit of a predicament here. We managed to rescue all of the animals from the Monarch convoy, but not all of the animals come from the same habitat. In fact only one of the animals comes from Saidala Valley. The Lolini and the Fumaha we can take care of but we need help transporting the Pulm,? Arin leaned back in his chair as Daro began seeing if his services would be of any use. Although no one could see him doing it you could hear the clicking of a keyboard and the occasional mouse click from time to time until he stopped and focus his attention back to Arin.

?Well it looks as though I might be of some use to you guys here. The closest contact I have to you guys is in Limrei Town, that?s in the Eastern territory. He will be able to transfer the rest of the animals back to safety, but it?ll take you a couple of days to get to him, even if you have a vehicle. Since Eastern Arila is not involved in the war you guys won?t look suspicious transferring the animals. Just to answer too many questions and you?ll be in the clear.? Daro was about to sign off before he quickly gathered the attention of Arin once more, ?By the way the Contact I have in Limrei is a Vanutei as well, always wearing glasses and a hat with no shirt, you can?t miss him. In the meantime I?m signing off. Good luck guys,? Daro ended the connection leaving Arin to stare at a blank screen.

?Alright thanks Daro. You heard him guys, come tomorrow morning I will need Abigail, Delsin, Asi and Cecile to head straight for Limrei, we cannot waste any time, we also cannot leave any of these animal?s here for any longer. The noise will draw unwanted attention,? Arin stood up from his seat and walked toward Osiris, ?I am going to need you to sit this one out. You?ve taken too many hits and right now you will be a liability. You are not indestructible or invincible Osiris?you have to understand that.?

?Yea, yea thanks mom,? Osiris said shooing Arin away as the adrenaline wore off and all the pain from earlier was starting to sink in. He began wincing from the pain as he laid himself down an almost immediately passed out. The pulm he had rescued nuzzled itself up near him and laid her head down on his chest falling asleep with him.

?He likes you, ya know?? Arin caught Cecile staring at the resting Osiris. Her eyes following the length of his body as she had a sadden gaze bestowed on her face. Realizing that Arin had caught her staring she quickly shifted her eyes in his direction.

?I just wish he wouldn?t put his life at risk as many times as he does. He?s going to get himself killed one day. I?d rather die before having to experience a life without him,? Cecile?s eyes began to well up again, ?I love Osiris. He and I have been through a lot before joining the Mourning Cloak. He has saved my life and I have saved his life, but in days like these, with how intense the war has grown, on top of how extremely tight security has become we have to be careful,? Arin grabbed a tissue for Cecile as she let out a few sniffles wiping the wetness from her eyes. He placed his arm around her comforting her.

?I don?t mean to be hard you or Osiris, Cecile. Ever since mom and dad were killed in the war I guess I have developed a more protective role when it comes to my younger sister. None of us want to risk our lives for a better tomorrow, but if we don?t then why must we live?? Arin held Cecile tighter, ?Though I don?t necessarily like Osiris all the time, he has become a brother to me as well. He might not be the easiest person to get along with but his motivation, his heart and determination is what the Mourning Cloak needs. It?s what we all need,? Osiris began snoring loudly as Arin and Cecile looked at him and laughed.

?I know one thing we all could use right about now,? She said as she hugged Arin and kissed his cheek. She went to one of the sleeping area?s in the bunker and laid down with the rest of the group all of which were already sleeping soundly.

?Sleep well sis,? Arin had said as he got snuggled up in his station drifting away to the humming of the monitors.

~*~*

Several hours later a still sleeping Osiris would be woken up by a few kicks from Arin.

?You are the heaviest sleeper ever you know that?? Arin handed him a mug full of tea. Osiris got, both eyes still closed and reach for the mug. Guzzling it down ignoring the fact it was possibly scorching his tongue he let out a large yawn and managed to open one eye to look at Arin.

?I was dreaming about you Arin, you know how cute I think you are,? he said laughing.

?Psyduck off Osiris. Anyways, everyone has left to meet with our contact, so in the mean time I suggest you head home until they return. Your parent?s might be worried,? Arin said getting Osiris?s clothes and threw them at him.

?I highly doubt they are. Ever since we moved here my parent?s haven?t had the time of day to even check to see if I am still alive,? he began to put his clothes on as he noticed there was still a lone Pulm lying beside him, ?You guys didn?t take this one with you??

Arin was already back at his keyboard before Osiris could ask the question. He looked over to see what it was Osiris was talking about until he noticed the Pulm lying at the head of the bed.

?Well we tried to take her but she almost bit us. We thought you?d want her,? Osiris looked down at the cub and petted her head.

?Good girl,? He got up to put on his pants and poncho as we about to head out the door until he noticed that the same Pulm who was just a sleep was standing right behind him wide awake. Osiris looked at Arin who shrugged and returned to his computer screen. The Pulm smiled at Osiris as he knelt down to its level, ?I guess we are partners then,? He said as he scooped her into his poncho, ?I?ll be back later today, once Ericson stops ripping me a new one,? Arin placed his thumb in the air letting Osiris know he heard him. Soon thereafter he closed the door behind him and just as Osiris had predicted the rain continued to fall. It was a lot more than usual, but the weather in Southern Arila was always unpredictable. Walking down the strip of Hun city reports of a convoy being destroyed and dozens of animals being stolen was the buzz of the city. A hidden smirk appeared across Osiris?s face as he continued to walk home. It was quieter than usually but once he made it to his humble abode the noise returned.

?Where on earth have you been?!? Ericson said snatching Osiris into the house practically ripping off his poncho, ?Do you have any idea what kind of trouble you have put me in??

?Trouble? What do you mean?? Ericson pointed to the kitchen area as a light was on and guided Osiris there.

?It?s time for you to come clean about somethings here, honey,? Osiris?s parents stood up in front of a counter eyebrows furrowed and fixed on his posture.

?D?j? vu is real, go figure.?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Okay. So I only got around to reading the prologue and the first chapter, and I wanted to make some sort of comment now about things.

Your world has a great base. There's enough mystery there with who David was that I want to know more about this world's past. This sort of character has been seen before in other stories, but I still want to see where you take David's history. And the races that he created are all interesting. Especially the Exatiaz. It must be difficult to fight an entire army of people that can regenerate their own body parts that quickly.

My advice for the story itself is that you'll want to take some time to get the information across to the reader. I had to go back and forth to the listing Padilla's races to remember what each race could do and what they did differently. Part of the confusion I had at the end of the first chapter was because Rize was the one who got his hand cut off and yet he went on at the end of the battle like he wasn't even hurt. So I had to go back and make sure that I had it right about what each race could do.

This confusion that I have might ease up when I read the rest of your chapters, but I just wanted to give you some comment now since I didn't want to leave you waiting!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 7, 2021
Chapter 4 ? Times of Learning

THREE YEARS AGO

?Alright Osiris tell me when exactly everything you studied last night, starting with the Races of Padilla. Altamones?? A younger Kiari would say to a younger Osiris. He was sitting on the edge of the couch upside down while answering the question.

?Altamones?uhm Altamones are the sea mist blue skin people. They can control up to 8 elements at a time. Altamone?s however are more commonly called magis than Altamone?s.? Osiris smirked at his Mother taunting a challenge out of her.

?Very good. Alright how about this. How about Vanutei, who are they?? Kiari looked at Osiris hoping he would stump the question.

?Vanutei are green or brown-haired people that can turn into giant rock monsters. Corleik?s have a lot of shades of red or purple hair with a red gemstone located somewhere on their bodies and they are people who can find spirits inside of anything and everything and harness its power. Exatiaz have bright yellow hair, and can regenerate their limbs at record speeds and use the severed parts of them as weapons in battle,? Osiris?s mom?s eyes widened as she was quite impressed with how well her son was learning things about the world.

?Know it all,? she said while sneaking him a sly tongue revealing. The two of them laughed together as something came to Kiari?s attention, ?Osiris, can you tell me about the last race other than us? The oldest race out of the rest of us that is. Do you know the name?? She gave him a few hints to see if he would catch on. She knew this race was always a challenge for him but if he knew it he?d pass his test.

?The..uhm Czigus! They are beings created from cosmic light. They have sad lives because they have to live in a dead person?s body for two years I think, but then the body turns to ash and they have to find a new one. They can?t live on their own for too long or else they will die,? when Osiris had finished answering, Kiari leaned in toward him and planted a kiss on his forehead. She looked at him for a brief second and stroked his cheek as he gave her a toothy smile.

?That?s my little genius,? She said as he began asking her more questions about David Padilla and the War Leaders. It was such a wonderful day; such a wonderful day indeed.

~*~*~

PRESENT DAY

Osiris?s eyes shot open as he gasped for air. He looked around his room, heavy breathing, blurry eyes. He placed his hand on his forehead as it curled up against his wall. Realizing that he had been dreaming tempted him enough to fall asleep again. He took another look around the room and saw he was the only one present. Getting up from his bed he realized he was naked and quickly threw some shorts and a shirt on. Walking out his room he picked out a wedgie and was greeted by a note in the kitchen from his parents:

Osiris,
Please understand that it is hard for us to not be with as much as we want, just know everything that we do is because we love you. Just know that by the time to get to this letter?your so called ?Mourning Cloaks? will be no more in the city of Hun. We are only doing this because we want a better life for you.
Love,
Mom & Dad

Osiris?s eyes widened as he could not believe what he had just read. Without giving it another moment?s hesitation Osiris practically threw anything on, grabbed his black hoodless poncho and ran out the door. Brushing past numerous amounts of people, Osiris made a left turn to the Mourning Cloak hideout and saw that the door had been busted in. A scene that looked all too familiar. Osiris crept in the lair only to be halted by the sight of broken computer screens, broken lights, torn clothing, paper everywhere. Osiris heard a noise come from a pile of rubble. After hearing a few good coughs, he ran over to where he heard the noise and began digging. To his surprise Arin was the one coughing. Osiris continued digging to free Arin from his prison of rubble.

?They found out about us?I warned the others but you have to,? Arin erupted in a grotesquely sounding coughing fit. Osiris patted his back trying to comfort his friend, ?They detonated the entire lab?I?m going to be honest here with you?Osiris,? Arin coughed some more. This time however blood spurted out the corner of his mouth, ?I am not going to make it, but Cecile, Asi and the rest are all stranded in the Eastern Portion of Arila. I need you to go get them back here. Cecile will take care of the rest?just please hurry?? Arin gripped Osiris?s hand one final time before slowly releasing his grip letting his hand fall in a slumped motion. Osiris stared at Arin for five minutes straight, hoping he was joking, praying he?d wake up, but the longer he stared the harder it was for him to face the truth; Arin was dead.
Osiris hadn?t moved for what seemed to be a good hour. The only thing that brought his trance like state were the sounds of purring combined with soft subtle hissing noises. He felt something warm and furry brush up against his hand as he slowly moved his head to see the Pulm he had rescued, it must?ve followed him to the hideout, what?s left of it anyways. Osiris picked up the cub and smiled at her as she licked his face.

?Looks like it is just going to be you and me for a while. I should give you a name,? Osiris looked at the Pulm as she tilted her head to the said when she had noticed Osiris had a fixed faze that rested upon her, ?How about Isis,? He said as the Pulm got extremely excited and liked Osiris face once more. He had set Isis down and turned his attention back to Arin. Scooping Arin?s limp body into his arms, Osiris dragged his departed friend to the way back of the Bunker. There was an area in there that looked to have been abandoned for some time. The ground there was nothing but soil. On the wall toward the right of the room faint lettering spelling out ?Garden Area? could be seen. Osiris carefully laid his friend beside him as he began digging up the dirt with his bare hands. With every scoop a grunt would come from Osiris as he tried masking the sorrow that filled his body.

After about fifteen minutes of digging Osiris stared at the hole as he slowly crouched down and began pounding the earth with his fist.

?Why!? tears began trickling from his face as he held back his cries through gritted teeth.

?Why!? He continued pounding the earth as sobs began to escape from his lips.

?Why...? Osiris stopped. He remained in front of the hole on his knees blankly staring at nothing. Tears continued to fall from his eyes as he closed them and soon let it all out. He cried like there was no tomorrow. He threw himself on top of Arin?s body and continued to cry. Isis remained in the background picking up on all the emotions currently filling the bunker.

Once Osiris fixed his composure he returned to his previous task of burying Arin. He continued to dig until the hole was the right size for his friend. He carefully dragged the body in the hole and began to fill it back to the top with the scooped dirt. Isis came out from the shadows and attempted to help Osiris fill the hole.

He petted Isis?s head as he picked the cub up, ?You and I have a trip scheduled my friend,? He said as he walked into Arin?s lab after paying his final respects to him. He scanned through the tarnished monitors to see if any one of them was still functioning. A soft pinging noise could be heard in the far back as let bled through a pile of destroyed computers and monitors.

?H..ello? C?an you h?hear m..me?? Osiris could hear Cecile?s voice. Though choppy and slightly distorted he knew it was her. He tried readjusting the monitor so it could pick up the signal better. After fiddling with a few wires he managed to get a stable enough connection, ?We don?t have much time. The Monarchs found out about us. I don?t know how. But they tracked us back to the bunker and ransacked the entire place. Arin warned us ahead of time?but we can?t return to Hun City?we are now fugitives. Arin?s contact has provide us with some shelter. But as far as I am concerned?he and the rest are all dead?.I love you Osiris please be safe,? and just like that the transmission ended. Osiris took a second to recap what Cecile had said??Arin and the Rest?? Osiris searched the rest of the bunker. When he got to the back room?he knew?he knew just how evil the Monarchs truly were. All the innocent children who had no part in most of the operations performed by the Mourning Cloak...have been slaughtered like animals. Falling to his knees Osiris groveled over the deceased children.

?Is this truly how corrupt the Monarchs are?...how could they have found us?? Osiris felt a piercing pain shoot through his chest as he had a flash back to when he was zapped, ?You have got to be kidding me,? He said as he walked back to the main room of the bunker. He found plyers and ripped the bandages from his chest as he noticed the wound was not healing like it should have, ?A fucking tracker?are you serious?? Osiris laid his back against the wall as he adjusted the plyers into the wound. Taking several deep breaths, he began to dig into the wound until he felt some type of object in his chest. It was hard. He took more breaths as he gritted his teeth. The sound of flesh slowly tearing could be faintly heard throughout the bunker as Osiris grunted. The wound began bleeding profusely until he managed to rip the tracker out of his chest. A sigh of relief escaped his lips as he stared at the device that nearly killed all of his friends.

?So?I?m the cause for all of this,? Osiris threw the device into the mount of broken computers. He looked up to the ceiling as the blood continued to pour from his wound, ?What am I going to do now,? Isis walked over to him and laid herself next to him. Licking his wound, he patted her head. Throughout Osiris?s mind he was going through all the possible decisions he would have to make.

Save Cecile or Save Himself.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I had some time to read your second chapter, and I have to say that I enjoyed it a lot. I like reading about groups of teenagers trying to save either the world or the town on their own, all of them working together. So it was exciting to see Osiris take the risks that he did for something that could be considered small, like just a group of animals.

My one bit of advice for this is pretty much like what I said last time. Since you have something original here, you should have some description of it so readers can picture it. I didn't know what sort of animal a pulm is, and I wasn't sure if I should be seeing a snake-like creature or something else.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 7, 2021
10/17/2017 - Update - Chapter 3 has been edited. The creatures such as fumaha, lolini and pulm have been further explained to fit in the chapter but not alter the course of the story!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Ah, cool. I imagined that a pulm looked kind of like a cat creature. Rather nice to see that I was right!

I also like that even though the rescue of the animals went well, it's not over yet. Nor is it going to be easy. The characters seem like they have a big journey ahead of them.

Still have to read chapter four, but I'm slowly catching up!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 7, 2021

Chapter 5 – Decisions, Decisions…Regrets

After exiting the vacant bunker and patching himself up, Osiris headed back to his house feeling more uneasy than he had felt when he left this morning. He held Isis in his arms as she let out a purring hiss into his chest. She could feel the worry in his breathing patterns. Anyone looking at Osiris could tell he was fighting back tears. Fighting back fear. Fighting back regrets. When he had made it to his house Ericson was standing in the middle of the living room staring at Osiris, guilt consuming his eyes.

"What's wrong Ericson? " Osiris had said as Isis jumped down from his chest and walked to the couch. Ericson wouldn't answer Osiris. He simply walked away, and with his back turned he spoke.

"Your parents will be here in a second. Get your things packed," Ericson left, leaving out of sight.
"Packed? Wait what do you mean, where are we going?" Osiris was left alone with no answer as he walked to his room and began packing his things. He tried going over the various scenarios of what was about to go down, but all things left him at a wall…a dead end. After about an hour or so of packing he heard the front door open and close and quickly went to see who it was. His parents stood before him with two armed guards behind them, "What's this?" He said as he slumped his bag off of his shoulder and onto the ground.
"Please dear, sit, there is much we have to discuss," Osiris scanned the room and the body language of both his parents and the guards. Something about the situation put him off, but he sat down on the couch closest to the kitchen. His mom sat close to him but she saw Osiris inch slightly away from her, "Please Osiris, just hear us out. We are moving to Jun City," his eyes widened when he heard the news. He never had thought in his life time would he or anyone living in Hun City would ever step foot on the sky fortress.
"Wait why are we moving there…?" He asked, as the skepticism was pouring out the corners of his mouth

"Your friends—"

"The ones you killed…" Osiris butted in as his father cleared his throat announcing his presence. He stayed silent thereafter.

"Your friends have caused too much trouble for many Reggs living in both Hun and Jun. You guys murdered Monarch soldiers. That is a federal offense and naturally you'd be sentenced to death. We had to pull strings to make sure our only child, our only son, would be safe, but as for the rest…well you already know. If it weren't for your father being the one who saw the surveillance footage first, you would be dead right now, so bite your tongue and respect us as your parents, because we just saved your life," Osiris continued to sit in silence as he shot a glare at his parent's. After his mother Kiari finished talking both parents walked upstairs to gather the rest of their things leaving Osiris alone with his thoughts. He knew the Monarchs had uncovered his identity now and leaving the city was officially out of the question. He took his bags and waited at the door as the guards never took their eyes off him. Soon enough his parents finally made it down stairs as Ericson tagged along behind them. They all exited the building into a large vehicle. Osiris sat in the back as he watched the city he had started to grow accustom too. Once they made it to the loading port his parents guided him to a helicopter like vehicle. As they ascended in the air Osiris took one final look at Hun city and directed his attention to the fortress in the Sky, Jun City.

"A new life huh," Osiris muttered as his mom looked at him, worry in her eyes.
"We didn't want to do this Osiris but—"
"Yea, yea, I forced your hand or some shit," Osiris snapped back.
"Language! We are still your parents! I have no Idea what you think you are doing or who you think you are but I have had enough with this rebellious character you have become! I will not stand for it. Neither I or your Mother will be disrespected by you. Are we clear?"
"Unless you kill another one of my friends, we are crystal," Osiris stared out the window paying no more attention to his parents or their words. He continued to ponder in his own thoughts of what Jun city would be like. He's heard stories, and rumors, but no one ever really talks about it.

When they made it to a floating platform they were greeted by multiple guards and a large wall made of white marble and polished titanium. Osiris eyes grew wide as he hadn't even entered the city yet and he was already overwhelmed by the visuals.

"Home shit home," Osiris said. His father cleared his throat again nudging his son.
"Thank you for having us," He said to the guards as they opened the large barred gates. Jun City was truly something out of a futuristic fairytale. As they were escorted into the city to another vehicle two guards grabbed Osiris by his arms preventing him from moving.

"What the hell is going on?!" Osiris said trying to break free but with no luck the guards kept him restrained.

"I am sorry. But as a part of our agreement with Yasi Jhun…you are now a part of the Monarch Boot Camp Academy," His father stared him in the eyes as Osiris met his gaze with a cold glare.

"So just like that, the parents are getting rid of their problem," Osiris said as the guards tightened their grip on him.

"You have gotten out of hand Osiris! For Gods sake you are responsible for the murder of several monarch soldiers…and yet Yasi Jhun is not sentencing you to death. The sacrifices we had to make to make sure OUR son would be safe from any kind of harm. How ungrateful can you be?!" His Enzo slapped Osiris across the face as Kiari grabbed his hand.

"That's enough!" She said as the guards began to take Osiris away.

"You can't do this to me! You can't fucking do this to me!" He shouted as his Kiari started crying. Watching her son being taken away was hard on her, but watching her family be torn apart was even harder. For you to cope with. They watched Osiris get sedated and thrown into the back of a truck as the two of them were greeted by a man with an eye patch and three scars that stretched from the top left portion of his forehead to the bottom right portion of his chin. He was a Regg like them of course but judging by his appearance and the clothes he had on he was a man with power.

"Don't worry, my boot camp has been known to break even the toughest of delinquents. Osiris is in good hands. I am Yasi Jhun's right hand man and the sergeant of most of the tactical and front-line divisions in the Monarch ranks. My name is Gozar Risen," He held his hand out in an attempt to shake Enzo and Kiari's.

"Thank you for taking our son Osiris in. I am Enzo and this is my wife Kiari."

"Come with me. There is much to discuss," Osiris parents entered separate vehicle with Gozar as they headed in a direction opposite of Osiris's location.

~*~*

"Where is this boot camp?" Osiris said while sitting in between to guards on a very bumpy ride.
"Its near the Province of Jhun Manor. It is more like a prison if you ask me," The guards began laughing as Osiris was the only one not too thrilled about their joke. He remained silent throughout the rest of the trip and stared out of the little bit of window could peer through.

"Parents of the year," he murmured.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Read both chapters, and I have to say that I'm really enjoying this story. There's so many parts to the plot that I can't guess where anything is going. So I'm really looking forward to the next chapter just to see what mess Osiris gets into next.

Also hoping that the other characters come back. Isis was a nice friend for Osiris, the little bit that she was around. And the other kids...I'm worried for them, and hope that they can all reunite together.

To be honest, your writing has improved a lot from the first chapter I read of your Pokemon fic. Definitely keep writing! The practice is helping a lot, and I'd like to see how far you can go.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 7, 2021
Chapter Six – ATTENTION!

"Is this my life now?" Osiris stood in front of a large mess hall filled with a plethora of people. The building deafened his ears with the massive amount of chatter going on. A guard nudged Osiris hard in his back gesturing him to keep moving.
"You'll have all the time to meet your acquaintances after you get fitted in your gear," He said.
"My gear?" Osiris asked only to be ignored and nudged some more. Soon thereafter the guard abruptly stopped himself and Osiris as he saluted and stood as stiff as a statue. Osiris had no idea what was going on until he noticed a women, her hair as white as snow. She had two braids hanging down all the way to her waist on either side of her face and one large braid which hung just barely past her back thigh. At the end of each braid there was a metal clamp with the Regg insignia plastered on the, She wore a short skin-tight grey, white and blue robe with one sleeve stretching to her hand while the other barely passed her shoulder. She had a checkered grey and white schal around her neck. Her pants matched her robe in color and style, being nearly skin tight with the left pant leg reaching her ankles while the right just barely passed her thigh. Her skin was a light cinnamon color. Her shoes stood out. They were grey platform heels, but looked as though they never missed a day out on the battlefield. She was Yasi Jhun, leader of the Monarchs and 'empress' of the southern portion of the region. Her presence gave off a cold, chilling vibe and even Osiris stood in silence as she walked by acknowledging them. That was until she stopped herself and turned to face them.

"Ah, a new recruit?" She said speaking to Osiris directly who at first didn't know what to say, until an elbow to his rib cage by the guard who was still saluting reminded him how to answer a question.

"Y-yes." He said trying to sound blatant but failed, horribly.
"What is your name again?" She had said.
"O-osiris. Osiris—"
"Naeem…You were a former member of the Mourning Cloak weren't you?" The moment she asked that question a fire began brewing in the pit of Osiris's gut.
"I was…until you thought it would be best to kill them all," The guards surrounding Yasi jaw's had dropped as they took a step back. She walked closer to Osiris until they were face to face.

"Kill is a harsh word, I'd like to think of it more as an eye for an eye. You guys killed some of my men if I do recall. So what is the issue?" She was challenging him.
"You killed innocent kids!" Osiris's voice echoed through the halls as the guards were prepared to detain him. Yasi fanned her hand off as the remained still awaiting her orders. Without blinking Yasi sent her foot straight into Osiris's stomach causing him grunt in agony and heel over. She then proceeded to stomp on his face until he was unconscious.
"Never raise your voice to me," She said as she proceeded to walk off. The guards scrambled their attention back to their duties to before Yasi and Osiris exchanged a few words. The guard escorting Osiris picked the boy up and slumped him over his shoulder. Quiet moans and whispering groans would escape the mouth of the unconscious Osiris as the guard finally managed to bring him to their destination.

It was a room filled with more than a dozen bunk beds. The floor of marble was a light but dimmed shade of olive green. The bunk beds were all grey and white and were connected by metal joints. Osiris was thrown onto the hard floor right next to his bed. Surprisingly the force from the throw was enough to snap him out of his unconscious state. Waking up he peered around the room quite frantically as he could hardly remember what had just happened. Rubbing his head he looked at the guard standing over him and then tried propping himself up on the nearby bed.

"She hits hard," He said as the Guard couldn't help but let out a booming laugh.
"She fucked you up," The guard continued laughing until he regained his composure, "Just some words of advice. If Yasi speaks to you, try to refrain from saying anything if you can help it. She is a fiery woman. I mean I would be coldhearted and fiery to if I was fighting against my ex-lover in a war in which he had killed my parents."

"Wait…Yasi parent's died...by her lover's hand? How…why?" Osiris looked at the Guard with eagerness in his eyes.
"Nope. I've said enough. If you are lucky, the story will unravel itself to you. I'll tell you one thing, you've got some balls. Though you might not be a crowd favorite right now, I like you Osiris. Get your clothes on and meet me outside this room," The guard left Osiris to get undressed then redressed. Looking at the clothes on the bed something about them didn't feel so 'boot camp-esque'. The outfit consisted of a black long sleeved dress shirt with the collar flipped down. The lining of the shirt was dark red and slightly but not prominently, zigzagged. Osiris almost immediately tore the sleeves making the shirt short sleeved and he flipped the collar up. There were white parachute like pants that seemed baggy enough to fit a few pulms in each pant leg. There was elastic banding around the end portion of the pants however keeping them restrained at a person's ankles. The shoes were black and foot forming. They were like the exact same pair he had worn when he was with the Cloaks. Lastly there was a large royal blue sash that stood out from the rest of the attire, Osiris stared at it, for it attracted the most attention from him. Once Osiris put his clothes on he stepped outside the room as the guard was waiting for him.

"Don't you look better," The guard said as Osiris tugged as his shirt a little bit readjusting it. The guards eyes widened as he pulled on the sash Osiris had, "Whoa only here a few ours and you already are going to be a part of one of the top boot camp divisions?" He raised an eyebrow at the guard's words not entirely certain what he meant.

"Come again?" he said as the guard shook his head tired of explaining.
"Here at Monarch Academy all cadets are handpicked to be placed in three divisions. All of which are ranked in importance and difficulty. Division One, the Vermillion sash, is the Security Department. They are trained to be top notch guards and have access to the surveillance cameras and must operate them 24/7. Division Two, the Sea mist green sash, is the Communications Department. They are trained to send and receive all documents, letters, transmissions and must keep everything confidential, if any of their documents goes missing…well let's just say what Yasi did to you was light weight. Division Three, Royal Blue Sash, is the Intel and Interrogation Department. They are trained to perform, interrogations, assassinations transporting documents received from the Communication department and ultimately a lot end up as soldiers in the war. Not saying you will be a soldier but it is always a possibility."
Osiris listened intently to the guard's words as he went over what each division was responsible for. He didn't know how he should feel about being a part of one of the highest divisions in the academy.
"All divisions only meet and greet while in the mess hall, but aside from that, they are constantly working on clock from 700 hours to 2100 hours. Let's hurry though you have an orientation with your division scheduled in a few minutes," Osiris and the Guard hurried to the Royal blue sash section of the Academy. Once they got their Osiris was almost immediately shoved through the door causing a scene catching every ones attention. Everyone stared at him until someone had called his name.

"O-osiris is that you?" Osiris peered to the front of the large group of Reggs as his jaw dropped.
"Rami?!"

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Life's going to get rather difficult for Osiris now. I'm nt surprised that he's in training for the Intel and Interrogation Group. The way that he handled himself in that mission to save the animals showed his skills at things like that. And looks like some people there already know who he is. Particularly this Rami character.

One thing I want to mention is when the guard told Osiris when working hours are. Since the school seems like a military place, I'd think they would use military time. So instead of saying "7am to 9pm," the guard would have said "700 hours to 2100 hours." Might be something to keep in mind, to help with the way you're writing the school.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 7, 2021
Chapter Seven ? Cold, Cold, Memories

SEVEN YEARS AGO

Osiris and his friend Rami, a Regg like himself, were out playing in the lush, colorful terrains of Purcus Fields. Though the majority of Northern Arila is nothing but wood, stone and mountains, the fields of Purcus show how beautiful and even magical the place can be. As the kids were playing their parents were off on the sidelines sitting down gazing upon their playful nature.
?So Kain, what is the big announcement you had to make that required all of us to go on this play date,? Enzo said as he turned his attention to Rami?s father Kain. He was an older fellow with a young looking face. His hair was ruffled and he was sporting a full beard with a moustache to match. Stroking the whiskers on his chin he smiled at the joy that emitted from his young son Rami and even from Osiris. A gust of wind cascaded across the fields causing the grass to dance in its touch.
?Yasi has been recruiting Reggs left and right?You know that. After losing Abella and almost Rami, I thought it would be best to take him to a safer environment, where he can be around his own kind, and not the kind that treats us like garbage,? The faint laughter of children tangoed with the wind as both Enzo and Kiari looked at each other concerned.
?Are you sure that is something you want to do? I mean, how bad is the Lumina District?? Kiari asked.
?Yesterday,? Kain cocked his head to the side as he scoffed at what he was about to say, ?There was blood on my front door spelling out the words ?Get Out?. I told Rami it was paint and that he shouldn?t worry, but I knew the smell of blood when I saw it. The People of this portion of the region are becoming increasingly verbal and I am afraid that next time, my blood or even Rami?s blood might be shed. I cannot take that risk,? Kiari placed one hand over her mouth and the other on Kain?s shoulder showing her concern. She looked at Enzo who seemed upset.
?Would you like to stay with us? We have an extra room, we just have to??
?What difference would it make? Five reggs in one building. The fuckers would have a field day. It is okay though. I appreciate your offer but I have my mind made up. I suggest you guys consider moving to. It?s only a matter of time before you are targeted next,? Kain tried persuading Enzo and Kiari to move to Hun city with him, but they weren?t convinced, at least not entirely.
?Don?t worry we can hold our own. I?d just hate to see you go,? Enzo said as he patted Kain?s shoulder.
Rami and Osiris were still running around the field as they came to a large boulder that was too tall for them to climb alone.
?I have an idea!? Osiris said as he dragged Rami to one side of the large rock. He crouched down and cupped his hands for Rami to step in, ?I saw my dad do this once with my mom when they tried getting my ball off of our roof,? Rami smiled at Osiris as he placed his foot in his friends hand, ?Alright, on one,? Osiris readjusted his footing so he wouldn?t fall from lifting Rami as Rami stiffened his leg a bit trying to keep himself balanced, ?One!? In one smooth motion Osiris lifted Rami gracefully next to the rock as Rami began climbing to the top.
?It worked!? The two boys cheered as Rami crouched down extending his hand to Osiris, ?Wait, what are you doing?? Osiris asked as Rami gestured for Osiris to grab his hand.
?Wherever I go, you go,? Rami sent a gleaming smile toward Osiris that nearly warmed his spirit. Grabbing his friends hand he began to slowly climb on the side of the rock. He accidentally slid and nearly fell off but Rami managed to catch him and helped pull his friend up to safety.
?We?re kings of the castle! We?re kings of the castle!? They both chanted as their parent?s looked over to them smiling at the joyous mood their children blanketed the fields in. The sun began setting as hits golden rays coated the fields in a glorious light that was so pure it almost felt holy.
?Well if you ever need anything Kain, just let us know,? Enzo said as Kain stood up and smiled at his friends,
?I?ll keep that in mind En. Rami! It?s time to go champ!? Kain waved to his to his son who seemed sad he had to leave but was understanding.
?We?ll play again tomorrow Osiris!? Rami said as he leaped down from the boulder and performed a tuck and roll. Osiris followed his lead as the both of the boys rolled on the soft emerald grass. Once they said their final good byes to one another they headed in opposite directions to reach their homes.

~*~*~
Later that day bleeding into nightfall a tragic incident had occurred that shifted boy the lives of Rami and Osiris.
?D-daddy?? Rami would be shaking an unconscious body as it was unresponsive to his gestures, ?Dad!? he began screaming as he knew the fate from which his dad had faced. Blood was pouring from a portion of Kain?s head; a portion of his head that he was missing. People surrounded the boy and his father as their faces were full of guilt. Rami continued to cry and scream as he pounded his hands on his father?s body still in disbelief that he was dead. Once word got out about the incident Enzo immediately came to the scene leaving Kiari and Osiris at the house.
?Have some decency people. I know you don?t like Reggs but this boy just lost his father,? People gave Enzo a few mean looks but all in all they left the scene as a few medics came to the location and picked up Kain?s dead body. Rami?s eyes widened when he saw Enzo pass by an Altamone. Though it was only for a second the exchange between the two was something Rami knew he wasn?t supposed to see. He didn?t want to leave his Dad?s side but where Kain was going wasn?t somewhere any child should have to see their parent. Enzo held Rami in his arms as he began crying into his chest.
?Listen to me Rami. It is not safe for you anymore here. Did you know about the move your father had planned for the both of you?? Rami continued crying as Enzo lightly shook him into reality, ?Hey, hey everything is going to be okay, you just have to listen to every word I say and you will be safe. Now tell me answer my question,? Rami sniffled some more as he tried to slow down his breathing. Tears continued to fall from his eyes.

?My Aunt was supposed to be waiting for us at the train station. Dad already had our stuff packed. We were supposed to be leaving tonight.?
?Well it looks like you have to leave now. Let?s get your stuff because I don?t want you to end up like Kain,? Within just thirty minutes Rami and Enzo were headed to the Amum station as they met his Aunt. No words were exchanged between anyone. Once Rami was in the hands of his Aunt Enzo left the station and didn?t look back. He just kept walking.

~*~*~
SEVEN YEARS TODAY

Osiris was standing in the center of well over a hundred Reggs, all staring at him, mean mugging him and even shooting him a few glares. Rami placed his hand in the air as all attention that was on Osiris was shifted back to Rami.
?I hope we can all welcome our newest Recruit with open arms. These are dark times and we need as few enemies as we can get. Osiris,? Rami said as he gestured his hand beckoning Osiris to stand next to him, ?If you would please come up here on stage and present yourself to the Division, it would save me the trouble.?
?Save you the trouble huh?? Osiris did as he was told as he walked up to the stage. He at first wasn?t sure if the boy that stood before him was in fact Rami his long lost friend but after staring at him harder there was no doubt about it. Rami was wearing goggles on his head that were black and grey. He had a scar that ran across his face from cheek to cheek. His eyes were a gleaming green hazel color and his skin as tan as soft sand. His hair wasn?t the white patch of feathers that Osiris remembered, it was a light champagne color, a rare hair color in Reggs but not unnatural. He too was wearing the same outfit as Osiris but had no schal. Once Osiris made it to the stage he stood in front of what felt like hundreds of eyes, all focused on him, ?My name is Osiris Naeem. I used to live in Galvin City in the Northern Territory but was forced out of my home by a spellcasting Altamone and a spine sword wielding Exatiaz. My family and I moved to Hun city where I joined the Mourning Cloak,? Every in the room gasped as someone yelled ?Traitor!? Rami placed a hand in the air to silence any unwanted noise, ?Now I am a part of the Monarch academy, but for what reason I do no know,? Rami looked at Osiris to see if he was finished talking. Once he was Rami took the center stage.

?As we all know any newcomers that join our Division must pass a test and that test is to square off against the leader of the division; myself,? Everyone began cheering as room rumbled from their roars, ?I mean that?s if and only if you are up for the task. You don?t have to win you just have to prove your worth,? Rami looked at Osiris before stepping back a few paces on the stage, ?This will be our battling ground, virtually anything goes, just let me know when you are ready,? Osiris stared at Rami half thinking he was kidding. He had a lot of experience in fighting thanks to the Mourning Cloak and Ericson but he didn?t know what kind of training the Monarch taught their cadets. This fight could go a number of ways.
?Alright then,? Osiris said as he stepped back a few paces as well and took a deep breath getting into his fighters stance. Both Rami and Osiris had a stare down before Osiris took the liberty of throwing the first punch. Rami followed Osiris?s movements as he managed to grab his friends balled fist and pull him forward using his weight against him causing Osiris to fall. The crowd began laughing until Osiris counterattacked with a roll from his fall, snapping back around and lunging at Rami with another fist. Rami blocked the majority of the force from the blow but it wasn?t enough to stop him from being knocked to the ground. The crowd grew silent as the fighting continued. Rami would throw a punch here and there as Osiris match his strength with speed and precision. It would appear that both combatants were evenly matched.

?I guess the Mourning Cloak had taught you a few things,? Rami said panting as Osiris wiped some blood from his lip.
?You still hit like a child,? Osiris smiled as Rami lunged toward him closing the gap between the two. Rami swept kicked Osiris as Osiris jumped in the air avoiding the kick. He soon performed midair somersault trying to dive kick Rami who grabbed his foot in midair almost slamming him on the ground. Osiris managed to grab Rami?s legs with his on while on the ground. He twist his body staggering Rami?s balance as soon thereafter both of the boys were on the ground, bruised bloodied and panting like mad men.
?You?re?still?weak,? Rami said gasping for air.
?Is?that?so?? Osiris responded doing the same thing. After about several minutes the two began laughing hysterically as everyone in the crowd was confused as to what just happened. Rami helped up Osiris as Osiris helped up Rami. The two?s laughter died down as Rami finally managed to catch his breath.

?Everyone, welcome Osiris to the Intel and Interrogation Division,? Everyone cheered as they welcomed Osiris with open arms. Although they were skeptical of him first it was clear now that they had a new found respect for the Nomad Regg.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 7, 2021
Chapter Eight ? Losers in Arms

?How long has it been Rami,? the long lost friends finally had some time to catch up in Rami?s private barracks. They were eating some fruit as Osiris completely took over Rami?s bed kicking his feet up on the nearby wall staring at the ceiling.
?Almost eight years. You?ve gotten a lot taller from the last time we played together,? An awkward silence filled the tense air. So much time had passed since the two friends had last seen each other that known of them knew what to say or even how to say it. Osiris began to form a sentence but didn?t know how triggering his words would be to his long lost friend. Same with Rami who seemed to have been biting his tongue more than words that left his lips.

?I was told you were murdered?? Osiris finally blurted out as Rami stopped himself from continuing to bite into his fruit. Releasing the food from the grip of his teeth he swallowed and began to ponder the words of his friend. Murdered.
?I am assuming your dad told you that,? Rami looked at Osiris with a cold stare.
?He did but how did you??
?I may have been a kid at the time, but even I was aware of the things going on around me,? Rami began as Osiris got into an upright position sitting on the edge of the bed. Rami got up and sat right beside him. Silence was finding its way back into the empty spaces in the room before Rami began to speak again expelling any awkwardness, ?Your dad helped me escape to Hun City after my father had been murdered. He was acting shady, very short with his words and a bit on edge at the time. The fact that he told you I was murdered just raises my suspicions about him even more. I have reason to believe that your father is not the man he claims to be,? Osiris looked at Rami, disbelief in his eyes. Trying to process the accusations Rami was making Osiris didn?t know whether to remain quiet and or speak up and address the supposed issue.
?There is something you aren?t telling me,? A safe response but surely affective. Osiris repositioned himself to where he would be facing Rami as it was clear Rami was actively avoiding the question. He began ignoring Osiris but that was not enough for Osiris to leave the situation alone, ?You brought it up, and now you are remaining quiet? If you think I am going to run and tell daddy you?re wrong. He put me in this place against my own will. He and my mother are the reason behind the massacre of the Mourning Cloaks, so whatever else my dad has done, I would like to know,? Rami looked at Osiris. What was once a cold stare transformed into a fearful gaze.

?That day you and I were playing in the fields was the best day, and worst day of my life,? Rami began, his fist were clenched as his knuckles began to whiten, ?It all happened so fast I still have nightmares about it. All I remember is opening the door to my house and feeling something wet splatter on my back. I had thought it began raining but when I turned around my dad was on the ground missing a chunk of his head?his brains spewed all across the pavement,? Rami?s eyes began to tear up but he quickly wiped away any escaped liquid taking a deep breath, ?I kept calling to him, he was unresponsive of course?he was dead, but at the time that did not register in my head. What felt like hours of me shaking my dad no one helped?they all just watched. But when your dad arrived, oddly enough, that is when my suspicions about him began. He had passed by an Altamone?I knew that sea mist blue skin anywhere. Your father had handed the Altamone something as he passed him by. I didn?t know what it was at first until I examined the Altamone?s hand further,? Rami took a deep breath as he reached for his nightstand grabbing a glass of some sort of champagne colored beverage. Taking several gulps he continued, ?The Altamone received money from your father and almost immediately left the scene. When your dad saw me he looked extremely surprised. Almost as if he was surprised I was alive. He was talking to me but everyone just sounded muffled an inaudible. My father just died and I kneeling over his dead body, his blood was on my back, in my hair on my hands. I didn?t say much for a while after that. He got me cleaned up an immediately took me to Amum station where I met my Aunt and we traveled to Hun?you don?t need to know any further details cause not much happened, but after arriving to Hun I met one of Yasi?s head commanders who put me here and well for five?maybe six years I have been a part of the Monarch Academy as the Lead Unit Cadet of the Intel and Interrogation Division,? Osiris didn?t say much after Rami had finished explaining the life he had to leave. Based off of Osiris?s posture it didn?t appear as though he was processing the information, it looked more like he was putting the pieces together.

?You think my dead is responsible for your dad?s murder,? Osiris said giving a rather serious look at Rami.
?I am not saying anything, but it all looked too sketchy for comfort,? Rami fell back into a deep train of thought before shaking his head and getting up and walking to his door. He opened it but didn?t leave. He was gesturing Osiris to leave, ?We have an early morning. You have to get back to your unit.?

?Rami, we haven?t seen each other in so long, we still have to talk??

?I said get back to your unit!? Rami voice was sharp and commanding. Osiris was surprised but how different his friend had become. Given the circumstances he knew it would be best to leave well enough alone and just do as he is told for once. That however doesn?t mean he wouldn?t try to find other ways to get information about his family or even Rami. Getting up from the bed Osiris walked out of the room. No further exchanges were made between the two, not even eye contact. The door slammed behind Osiris as he began walking down the large corridor of his division. When making it to his barracks he saw that everyone was already asleep. As he made it to his bed he didn?t cover up but instead lade on top of the blanket and the sheet and stared at the bottom of the top bunk. Snores and minor flatulence filled the barracks but it did not phase Osiris.
?Music to my ears,? he said as he closed his eyes drifting into a deep sleep.

~*~*~
The next morning Osiris partook in some daily exercises with his fellow Division comrades. After training and exercising for a good three hours Rami summoned him to the welding room, a place that is heaven on earth for all Reggs.

?You called?? Osiris said acting as though he and Rami haven?t spoken since he had to fight him to prove his worth. Rami gestured Osiris to follow him but did not speak until they came to a large metal like table with a bunch of scrapped materials on its surface.

?As a part of the Interrogation and Intel division we go on a lot of missions that require leaving Jun City and Hun City even. We go to the badlands, Western Arila and even Eastern Arila. You must be armed at all times, but your weapon of choice is completely up to you. This room is dedicating to crafting the weapon you bring with you anywhere and everywhere. You know how to make weapons right?? Rami said. Although Osiris knew he was joking, Rami?s straight face told him otherwise.
?Yea,? Osiris said as he sat at the table, pulled out a roll of blueprint paper and started to put his mind to work. Since Reggs naturally had enhanced minds they could literally build and craft whatever they wanted with whatever they wanted. Osiris spent hours in the welding room with Rami taking the occasional peek inside every now and then to make sure he didn't hurt himself.

"Are you done?" Rami had asked as Osiris wiped sweat from his brows and black oil from his cheek. He dangled two bracelets in front of Rami as Rami was confused, "Wait...thats your weapon?" Rami almost laughed but he could tell Osiris was serious.

"Don't doubt my crafting ability, just you wait. Watch these bad boys in action," The two of them exchanged a very quick laugh as immediately and emergency alert broadcasted the academy.

-'RED ALERT! RED ALERT! SQUADRON ALPHA HAS BEEN COMPROMISED IN SAIDALA VALLEY. THEY WERE AMBUSHED BY GBW SOLDIERS. BACK UP IS NEED. I REPEAT BACK UP IS NEEDED.'-

Once the transmission ended Osiris and Rami looked at each other as they heard a ton of cadets outside scrambling.

"Looks like you have been assigned your first mission. Lets get you fitted for gear," Rami said as He and Osiris ran out of the room.

"Finally some action," Osiris and Rami ran down the hallway as they were followed by several cadets, "Things finally got interesting," He said.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I always had my suspicions about Osiris's parents. They kept doing some really shady things. Now their choices are affecting others, and I'm interested to see how Osiris straightens this whole mess out!

While reading, I noticed a few times that you had the wrong word in your sentence. It's something to keep an eye out for while writing. I'll point out the few that I found.

The son began setting as hits golden rays
Should be "The sun began setting as its golden rays"

What felt like hours of me shaking my dead no one helped
Should be "shaking my dad"

?You think my dead is responsible for your dad?s murder,?
Should be "You think my dad is"

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 7, 2021
Update 11/1/2017 Chapters 8 and 7 have been modified due to some grammatical errors but should be properly fixed now!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 7, 2021
Chapter Nine ? Losers in Arms Part 2

Osiris got fitted for his gear as his fellow cadets were ready to go help their comrades. Everyone was silent and nothing but the rustling of pants being put on and boots scuffing across the floor could be heard. Once Rami was ready to leave he headed to the front door, an entry and exit way that looked like a large metal flood door. He slammed his hand down on a large blue button that caused lights to flash and the door to slowly open. Osiris put the last of his gear on as everyone began exiting through the door that was still opening. Metal scrapping against metal screeched throughout the room as Osiris ducked under the door and exited out of the area following the rest of his division.

?Hey why is he coming with us?? A large well rounded Regg would say as he forcefully nudged Osiris into a wall and pinned him against it. Rami quickly turned around to defuse the situation.

?He is coming because he is one of us. Now release him or deal with me, that?s an order Avery,? Rami said as the Regg called Avery shot a glare deep in Osiris?s retinas. After a couple of seconds went by Avery released Osiris from his clutches and the operation continued. Osiris smirked at Avery as he gave him yet another glare. Several Cadets loaded in the back of an armored vehicle. Osiris began playing with the bracelets on his wrist. Avery took a look at him and scoffed.

?What kind of toys are those?? He said half laughing as Osiris stopped flashing them off.

?They aren?t toys dipshit, they are weapons. Lay off of me and I?ll lay off of you. You are seriously treading on thin ice,? Osiris fired back.

?You threatenin? me kid??

?I don?t threaten. I make promises,? The tension in the vehicle was thickening the air as Avery and Osiris both had a stare down for the entirety of the remaining ride. Everyone else who felt the tension tried guiding their attention to something or someone else. About an hour or so later the groups finally made it to the site where they were told their fellow Reggs would be located, but by the time they had arrived No one was in sight.

?Survey the area, check for any signs of life, any signs of anything. This is where the signal came from so they can?t be that far,? Everyone began gathering equipment to scale down the inside of the large valley. Saidala itself is a dried out river that stretches for miles. It was reconstructed as a shelter a while ago however now that its abandoned creatures have begun to inhabit it. The river is roughly 450 feet deep and 220 feet wide. In some places it is 200 feet deep but the majority of the river itself is like a large trench.

?You expect us to climb all the way down there like that?? Osiris addressed Rami as he was putting on some gear to begin his scaling.

?Yes, do you have a better solution??

?It is going to take us forever to get down there,? Osiris put his hand on the ground beneath him as he balled his fist up and felt the dirt, ?The ground is soft but firm,? Osiris said as he began taking his bracelets off.

?What are you doing?? Rami looked at Osiris as he began to walk to the edge of the river. Osiris backed up a few paces and without a moment?s hesitation he darted forward full throttle and jumped.

?Osiris!? Rami yelled

?Is he fucking crazy? He is fucking crazy!? Avery added as every shouted at Osiris shocked and stunned he jumped.

Osiris began to spread his arms out as he pressed a trigger on the bracelets expanding their sizes.

(To give you some insight on how the weapons look, The base of the weapon is a perfect circle that is a foot and a half long all around. The outside of the circle holds five long sharp daggers like blades used for combat both offensive and defensive. The weapon harnesses a safe zone for Osiris to hold it without being cut. Osiris owns two of these unique weapons. The dagger directly across from "safe zone" on the outer center portion of the blade is a customized laser pistol with the trigger located in the safe zone. An interesting trait about the safe zone is that it can turn the weapon its self into a yo-yo of sorts. There are three triggers. The right trigger is for the yo-yo mechanic, the left trigger is for the shrinking/transformation mechanic and the middle trigger is for the laser pistols. The metal wire itself can stretch to about 150ft per weapon. It is extremely durable and can withstand anything.)

Once the bracelets were at their greatest size Osiris pressed the right trigger which fired the circular weapons into the side of the large valley wall. Osiris continued this method downward releasing the weapons from the wall, free falling for a moment then piercing them back into the wall once more until he managed to reach the bottom of the valley. Osiris took a look around the area as he noticed there was nothing but broken and fully intact bones, dirt, dry blood and animal feces.

?Geez..ground zero much?? He said as he looked up seeing if the others managed to make it to where he was yet, ?God they are slow,? He continued scoping out the area as he retracted his weapons and pressed the left trigger reverting them to their bracelet size. About after ten minutes or so the rest of Osiris?s Division made it to the ground floor of Saidala. All of them were painting heavily but Rami who had steam rushing out of his ears.

?What the hell is wrong with you Osiris? You could?ve gotten yourself killed!?
?Rami, relax. I am fine and we all made it down here in once piece. Aren?t we supposed to be looking for our other Cadets?I should not be the main focus,? Osiris tried to brush Rami off but it was clear by Rami?s demeanor he was not having it.
?I am not only the Commander of the Intel and Interrogation, but I am also the Commander of this mission and everyone who is here. You may have a problem with authority, we may have been good friends at one point in our lives, but I am ordering you to listen to me and what I say! If you have a problem with my words, then you can hand over your weapons and find your own way back to Jun! City!? Everyone put their heads down when Rami began to yell, everyone but Osiris. He looked Rami straight in the face. It was clear by Osiris?s expression that he knew he was in the wrong and felt guilty about it.

?Alright. I apologize for my actions. I-I?m sorry Rami. Wherever you go?I go,? Rami?s eyes widened when he heard Osiris Apologize and repeat the phrase that has kept their friendship strong for years. Defusing the situation Rami decided to do his own investigating as he looked around the valley floor seeing the same thing Osiris was seeing.

?There has to be more,? He said as he waved his hand in the air signaling the rest of his squad to fan out and search the perimeter.

?I think I found something,? Avery said as he pushed aside a large rock that seemed to have fallen in front of an entry way to a cavern. Avery was a muscular fellow and once Osiris saw how effortlessly he was able to push the rock out of the way he developed a new found respect the macho man.

?Soni?? Rami said as a girl with a large mechanical backpack walked up to beside him. Her hair was extremely short, and she wore a annoyed looked on her face.

?Yea Cap?? She said as he gestured for her backpack. She nodded as she took her backpack off and simultaneously pressed a sequence of several buttons all of which triggered a sonar sound that caused the backpack to light up a vibrant array of colors, ?They are in there,? She said turning off her backpack and putting it back on.

Rami led the way into the cavern as Osiris and the rest followed closely behind. The cave itself was dark but the luminescent energy flowing from shrubs and mushrooms scattered throughout the area made it visible enough in the cave for anyone to freely walk about. Everything was quiet however, a little too quiet for comfort.

?Be on your toes everyone,? Rami said as he continued to walk further into the cavern. Everyone looked around making sure nothing was following them or watching them. It was soon that they came to a halt as they all covered their noses, ?What on earth is that smell?? Rami and rest looked around as Osiris continued walking forward, ?Osiris!? Rami shouted but it was too late Osiris walked into a large opening and once his eyes adjusted to the lighting in the room even he wasn?t prepared for the horrific site that he had seen.

?Oh no,? He said as Rami walked up from behind him about to give him yet another scolding until he to saw what had halted Osiris.

?My gods?? Rami had said as everyone?s eyes widened, jaws hitting the floor. The Reggs and the GBW that had apprehended them were completely torn the shreds. Guts splattered across the floor, boulders and even the ceiling.

?Who could have done this?? Avery said.

?What could have done this??? Osiris added. He pointed into the distance as he noticed a cluster of eyes staring back at them, beady eyes; chaotic eyes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Seems like Osiris has a problem following orders and just jumping into danger! I'm sure that will come back to hurt him in the future, since it's a thing that he does all the time. Though maybe he'll start following Rami's orders better.

Looking forward to learning what those eyes belong to! Should be interesting to see how this team of teens forced to work together will do in a battle against something completely wild.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 7, 2021
Chapter Ten - Losers in Arms Part 3

Osiris lowered his finger as he heard vicious snarls and hoots emitting from the darkness. Thugs on the ground rumbled the cavern as every stood still, hands clenched on their weapons; Battle ready.

?It?s a Kredus,? Rami said as a large primate towered over the group with several others as tall as Osiris (who is 5ft 10in) surrounded the big one.
?How could our unit possibly have set off the Kredus to where they are this size?? Avery asked trying to whisper but it was clear he was in a state of panic.
?Everyone?? Rami said as the Kredus approached even closer. Osiris took his bracelets off as Avery pulled some gloves on. Everyone else stood a safe distance back as they armed themselves as well. The Kredus pounded on its chest vigorously as it slammed its fist on the ground. Stretching its arms out flexing it let out a deafening howl as it charged at Osiris full throttle. Stunned by the intensifying ferocity of the ape?s charge Rami stood stuck in place; Petrified. Osiris charged into Rami saving his life from a fatal jab that missed Rami?s body sent by the Kredus. The force from the blast shattered the ground creating a moderate sized hole.

Rami was in a dazed state as an inaudible Osiris yelled at him to get his attention. Osiris lifted Rami and draped one arm over both of his shoulders.

?Everyone run!? Osiris yelled breaking the blanket of silence. Soon all the Cadets began running down the caverns trying to escape to freedom. The Kredus however had other plans as they chased them down hot on their tails. Once Rami came back to his sense?s he reacted the same as everyone else, though for some reason he was too weak to run on his own. He held on to Osiris as they continued to hobble-run outside of the cave. A scream forced everyone to snap their attention toward it. One Cadet unfortunately tripped to her death. As she began to fall from her trip the Kredus immediately went in for the kill and lunged at her effortlessly. That action just motivated the other Cadet?s to run faster. Soon enough more of the Kredus began growing to about fifteen feet tall and every step they took shook the cave. A faint rumbling could be heard. Osiris, hobbling a long with Rami, turned his head around enough to see that the cave was collapsing, ?The cave is falling in on us! Keep running!? Osiris and the rest continued to run for freedom as the Kredus never gave up the chase. However, the collapsing of the cave proved to be fatal as it was falling faster than most could run. Several Kredus fell to their death by the many rocks crushing their bodies. Soon enough the cave exit was within arm?s reach as the group continued to bolt through the narrow tunneling system of the cavern. The moment the gang made it out of the cavern a large explosion of rubble and dust clouds protruded from the caves entrance. The force was large enough to send Osiris, Rami and a few others flying.

After nearly getting the wind knocked out of him Rami stood up and dusted himself off, ?Is everyone here? Is everyone okay,? The occasional yes, coughs and waves of the hand signaling safety was the only way the Cadets could answer Rami?s question, ?I think we are in the clear,? Rami said as he walked over to Osiris who was slightly struggling to get up.

?I?m fine, I?m fine,? He said but soon thereafter a faint growling and sharp snarling could be heard coming from the thick dust cloud near the exit. A large yellow and dark grey Kredus stood up from the rubble angrier than ever. Once it noticed Rami and Osiris it charged at them with no hesitation, ?Get out of here!? Osiris said to Rami as the Kredus had its fist balled up ready to strike the two. Osiris forcefully pushed Rami out of the away as the force from the blow sent Osiris flying several meters back. Without missing a beat however Osiris quickly pressed a trigger on his bracelets increasing their sizes. He quickly lodged them in the ground beneath him to stop himself from sliding. He soon pressed the yoyo trigger on the weapons as he stood back several feet with the weapons still lodged in the ground. Once he had a good enough grip on their handles and once he felt he was far enough back. He pressed the yoyo trigger again and forcefully reeled in by the weapons. He launched himself at the Kredus feet first as he plunged into the beast?s chest, delivering a blow just as fatal as the one he had received. Unfortunately, that was not enough to best the Kredus. The beast pounded its chest as it howled to the sky above. There was nowhere to escape to and the only way anyone would be safe is if the Kredus itself were killed, because it was far beyond calming down.

?Osiris no!? Rami said as Osiris paid him no mind and continued his fight with the beast. He aimed his weapon at the beast and began firing off laser rounds hoping some would do even the tiniest bit of damage, but with no luck the tough exterior of the Kredus proved to be a challenge in this battle. Osiris then activated the yoyo effect and began swinging the weapons around twirling them long enough to capture some control over them and the air surrounding them. Once he managed to find the current he utilized it to his advantage and swung his weapons in the direction of the Kredus. The speed and precision was enough to slice through the Kredus chest, but instead of the beast keeling over it just kept getting angrier. When Osiris swung at the Kredus another time the beast grabbed his weapon and forcefully pulled Osiris toward him. Osiris tried using the force from the pull to his advantage so that he could land on the Kredus feet first, however things did not go exactly as planned.

?Osiris!? all the cadets yelled as Osiris fell to the ground, blood protruding from his now stump of a leg. The Kredus hovered over him and raised its fist high in the air letting out a deafening roar. It soon brought them down ready to crush Osiris once and for all.

Back