• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: [Essentials v17] Following Pokemon v 1.4.1

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    First of all, you guys did an amazing job, thanks very much for this support!!
    Then I have two little question, one is an error, the other one just for understanding.

1st problem occurs an error message, when I talk to the Pokemon. Not always, some messages were shown, maybe it has something to do with showing the emotions? I didn't close the rmxp the first time I added Animations.rxdata and animations pictures(emo,emo2,pokemon-follow). I deleted the 4 files, closed the rmxp and tried it again, it's still the same error message when I talk to the Pokemon. I even deleted the save-game file and started a new game, without success..
    Spoiler:

2nd question
    concerns to the command "pbPokemonFollow(X)".
    Do I need this command and the second "dependent" event on every map? Or is it okay once I called the event and the Pokemon follows me? So far it looked fine, when I changed the map (only tried with teleport-command yet)

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • First of all, you guys did an amazing job, thanks very much for this support!!
    Then I have two little question, one is an error, the other one just for understanding.

1st problem occurs an error message, when I talk to the Pokemon. Not always, some messages were shown, maybe it has something to do with showing the emotions? I didn't close the rmxp the first time I added Animations.rxdata and animations pictures(emo,emo2,pokemon-follow). I deleted the 4 files, closed the rmxp and tried it again, it's still the same error message when I talk to the Pokemon. I even deleted the save-game file and started a new game, without success..
    Spoiler:

2nd question
    concerns to the command "pbPokemonFollow(X)".
    Do I need this command and the second "dependent" event on every map? Or is it okay once I called the event and the Pokemon follows me? So far it looked fine, when I changed the map (only tried with teleport-command yet)

1: installed wrong
    2: dependent on were it will be called the 1st time , and add dependent to every place the player will go when they black out , along with Pokecenters.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2019
    does this work with the elite battle system also does it work with pokemon essentials v 16.2
    Yes, it does. I am currently using it with EBS and Essentials 16.2. If something doesn't work for you with this setup, you're probably doing something wrong.

Anyway, is there a way to retrieve the position(x and y) of the following Pokemon? Trying to jerry-rig this to work with my side stair events.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    Thanks the truth I've been looking for this script for some time and nothing
    You saved me a lot of time bro
    I worked perfectly

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2017
    i encounter these errors when i use the dependent event number on pbfollow and talk to someone it just keep showing the pokeball but nothing appear but when i change to pbfollow to have a 0 at the end it makes the pokemon sound and frezzes or crashes and i get this could i am using ebs 16 and this on essentials 16.2 i tried putting it above and below ebs i tried without ebs can't seem to get it to work if no one answers on how to fix can someone that got it to work can they put a clean copy of essentials with the following script and ebs installed it might be my stupid pc messing up also when i inport new tilesets i get black lines on the tiles when i walk around in full screen i use to not get any errors like these i use to use v15 and follow and ebs but now non the scripts are the originals back then my game was near completion had 4 out of 6 regions made a huge story but then my pc broke had it on a flashdrive i thought because i backed it up everyday relized the one i had backed up was the wrong game lol so i said i quit few weeks ago decided to reboot the project because i'm bored of my xbox1 s and ps4 got no friends so i figured why not reboot my old project i remember all my old ideas and i am revamping them changing plot but i have 2 problems one is can't get essentials ebs and following to work together dont know why so if someone has a copy of them both working please put it on mediafire or if someone has a copy of both of the original scripts from when v15.1 was original realesed which i doubt it that would be cool but please respond soon i can't afford to buy rpg maker and i got 10 days lol i can do a lot in 10 days i could probably do maybe 5 regions 1 fully scripted with my new story one and 2nd half scripted and 3rd 4th 5th can have completey designed but not scripted but the longer it takes to get essentials running the less i can make i had a question like this on a different website when i had the full 30 havent recieved a single response so this is the only reason i am putting what i am actually doing on it if i can get it running by the weekend meaning about 12-13hours from now ill do a demo when my trial ends but the sooner is better i would love to say i got things to do but sadly i never do. if i can't get a clean copy by sunday i might reverse engineer someone's old project probably zeta because i need at least 5 days and i have 9 now so if wait 2 and dont seeing anything ill reverse engineer because doing that will take the last 7 days the only thing is reverse engineering is removing everything i dont want then upgrading it to have most of the stuff from 16.2 which i can't do with my knolledge so it would be just playing aorund with it until i got it to work which is inpossible but i really have nothing else to ever do except waste time and when i waste time i can do the impossible i mean it better then sleeping all day lol

Main:27:in `mainFunction'
    Main:59
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Following Pokemon:686:in `talk_to_pokemon'
    Following Pokemon:1559:in `update'
    Scene_Map:68:in `main'
    Scene_Map:65:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:72:in `main'
    Main:49:in `mainFunctionDebug'
    Main:27:in `pbCriticalCode'
    Following Pokemon:670:in `talk_to_pokemon'
    Following Pokemon:739:in `talk_to_pokemon'

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2019
    Problem with Pokemon Following You Script

Hello,
    I installed the Pokemon Following You Script by mej71, and I've been having this problem. I've tried many different solutions, including searching the script for any syntax errors, reinstalling the plug-in, and changing the location where the script executes, but no matter what, I get the following error whenever I try to execute the pbPokemonFollow script. (I'm running v16.2, and made sure to close out RPG Maker before installing the Animations data file.)

HTML:
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Script error within event 29, map 21 (Route 2): Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: Section190:1274:in pbFollowEventAcrossMaps'undefined methodbridge' for #<PokemonGlobalMetadata:0xdff00e8>
    ***Full script:
    pbPokemonFollow(28)
    Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Following Pokemon:1268:in `each'
    Following Pokemon:1268:in `pbFollowEventAcrossMaps'
    PField_DependentEvents:359:in `pbMoveDependentEvents'
    PField_DependentEvents:357:in `each'
    PField_DependentEvents:357:in `pbMoveDependentEvents'
    Following Pokemon:762:in `Come_back'
    Following Pokemon:1222:in `pbPokemonFollow'
    (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1606:in `eval'
    Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'
    Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:193:in `update'
    Interpreter:106:in `loop'
    Interpreter:198:in `update'
    Scene_Map:103:in `follow_update'
    Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:114:in `follow_update'
    Following Pokemon:1551:in `update'
    I made sure to follow every step correctly, and even dug through the forums to see if anyone had the same issue. I saw some people getting similar errors and tried to figure out what to do from there, but I have not been able to find my solution. I'm unsure what to do. Sorry to bother you, but thank you for reading.

Years
  • Hello,
    I installed the Pokemon Following You Script by mej71, and I've been having this problem. I've tried many different solutions, including searching the script for any syntax errors, reinstalling the plug-in, and changing the location where the script executes, but no matter what, I get the following error whenever I try to execute the pbPokemonFollow script. (I'm running v16.2, and made sure to close out RPG Maker before installing the Animations data file.)

HTML:
    Message: Script error within event 29, map 21 (Route 2): Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: Section190:1274:in pbFollowEventAcrossMaps'undefined methodbridge' for #<PokemonGlobalMetadata:0xdff00e8>
    ***Full script:
    pbPokemonFollow(28)
    Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Following Pokemon:1268:in `each'
    Following Pokemon:1268:in `pbFollowEventAcrossMaps'
    PField_DependentEvents:359:in `pbMoveDependentEvents'
    PField_DependentEvents:357:in `each'
    PField_DependentEvents:357:in `pbMoveDependentEvents'
    Following Pokemon:762:in `Come_back'
    Following Pokemon:1222:in `pbPokemonFollow'
    (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1606:in `eval'
    Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'
    Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:193:in `update'
    Interpreter:106:in `loop'
    Interpreter:198:in `update'
    Scene_Map:103:in `follow_update'
    Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:114:in `follow_update'
    Following Pokemon:1551:in `update'
    I made sure to follow every step correctly, and even dug through the forums to see if anyone had the same issue. I saw some people getting similar errors and tried to figure out what to do from there, but I have not been able to find my solution. I'm unsure what to do. Sorry to bother you, but thank you for reading.
    For some reason you don't have the bridge accessor/variable in your global metadata. You might be using an old version of Essentials

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2019
    For some reason you don't have the bridge accessor/variable in your global metadata. You might be using an old version of Essentials

Huh, weird. I am using the newest version, but I'll check over the metadata. I'll go and redowload essentials and compare the scripts. Thanks for the help!

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2019
    Huh, weird. I am using the newest version, but I'll check over the metadata. I'll go and redowload essentials and compare the scripts. Thanks for the help!

I have found the problem. It seems that when I installed a different script, I somehow deleted the PField_Metadata script. Redownloading Essentials and adding the script to my game fixed my problem. Thank you for this awesome script!

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    went i lose a battle , me pokemon dont show up again, and if i talk to some one. sound like i talk to me pokemon and the show the text just like i was talk to me pokemon and the game get this error, :S if like the me character and the pokemon was in the same space :S http://imgur.com/PWJ1Rkg
    PWJ1Rkg

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2017
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon x
    ---------------------------

Message: Script error within event 13, map 2 (NeoLeaf Village):

Message: Section213:782:in Come_back'undefined methodshadow' for #<PokeBattle_Pokemon:0xb2cf198>

*Full script:

pbPokemonFollow(12)

Interpreter:243:in pbExecuteScript'

FollowingPokemon:776:ineach'

FollowingPokemon:776:in Come_back'

FollowingPokemon:1222:inpbPokemonFollow'

(eval):1:in pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1606:ineval'

Interpreter:243:in pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1606:incommand_355'

Interpreter:494:in execute_command'

Interpreter:193:inupdate'

Interpreter:276:in pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1606:incommand_355'

Interpreter:494:in execute_command'

Interpreter:193:inupdate'

Interpreter:106:in loop'

Interpreter:198:inupdate'

Scene_Map:103:in follow_update'

Scene_Map:101:inloop'

Scene_Map:114:in follow_update'

FollowingPokemon:1551:inupdate'

This exception was logged in

I get this error when passing on the event

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2017
    Please I need help (Following Pokemon)

Sem título.pngSince I put in my game the 3D Pack the battle sprite 3 d, always presents this error, someone helps me to solve and I have done everything

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2021
    View attachment 81306Since I put in my game the 3D Pack the battle sprite 3 d, always presents this error, someone helps me to solve and I have done everything

The game says a constant "CommonEvent" is missing. This constant should be at the top of your following Pokemon script. Did you accidently delete it, or does the pack you're using include the Following Pokemon script as well perhaps?

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2017
    The game says a constant "CommonEvent" is missing. This constant should be at the top of your following Pokemon script. Did you accidently delete it, or does the pack you're using include the Following Pokemon script as well perhaps?

what do I do? I do not know what to do

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2021
    That constant isn't used in these scripts, it was used in the old version (not mine). So you're either in the wrong thread, or tried to haphazardly merge them or something. Can't help you there

I'm sorry but I'm pretty certain it is still used in your version of the script.
    Check line 1220.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2021
    I also have an edited version in my project which removes the need for adding an event manually. I made it so that it makes an Event in the script itself and it seems to work.
    I will share it here once I've done further testing.

Back