• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: HGSS Golden Edition

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 24, 2017
The level curve patch includes the golden edition with it. Just apply the level curve patch and you will have both.

Oh, well now I feel silly for not trying that :3c

On a side note I noticed Nidoran (male)'s name is mispelled as Nidorn. Not that is a big deal but just wanted to point that out just in case :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh, well now I feel silly for not trying that :3c

On a side note I noticed Nidoran (male)'s name is mispelled as Nidorn. Not that is a big deal but just wanted to point that out just in case :)

Thank you for pointing that out to me, It has been fixed and updated so you can re-download it.
If there are anymore spelling errors please report 'em to me ty :D

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2020
Really nice hack mate. Makes it upto date with current games. But you should consider addition of fairy type. Not because of attacks, as I know they are support moves only, but because of type charts as dragons are op in these games and it would be fun to battle a fairy type against lance.
Please consider it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
New update:

-Your Mom now gives you the pokegear at the very beginning, similar to the original Gold and Silver
-Various cut-scenes in new bark town have been streamlined so you can get to Route 29 much faster

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
when you say Streamlined you mean easier right?

Well if you want specifics...

There is far less backtracking, you get your pokegear when you talk to your mom the first time, then when you leave your house you dont get the pointless cutscene with Kris/Ethan and marill. Finally once you get your starter you can just go to the first route instead of going back to talk to your mom again.

Bare in mind, this is before you get the running shoes so it feels much slower than you think. I just made some adjustments to speed it all up a bit.

(Also Elm runs to you faster to give you his number.)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I have a problem with using the Flamethrower TM that is bought on the GameCorner... game crashes whenever I use it... the Thunderbolt is working just fine though...

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I have a problem with using the Flamethrower TM that is bought on the GameCorner... game crashes whenever I use it... the Thunderbolt is working just fine though...

Thats very odd...and I cant seem to replicate the problem.
What version are you using and are you using the level curve fix?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Feb 24, 2021
I love this game a lot. (It's the only ds hack I have seen with Kris which makes it special imo)I just wish it were a little more challenging. Even with the difficulty curve patch it is still a little easy. I don't want it Storm Silver hard though lol

Years
I noticed when playing the Soul Silver version of the Level Curve patch there are a few errors.
1. The first trainer in Morty's gym has two level 100 Electrodes that replace two of her Gastly's.
2. Unlike in the Heart Gold Level Curve patch, there are no NPC's blocking the gate towards route 42 so you can sequence break like you can in the original games.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I noticed when playing the Soul Silver version of the Level Curve patch there are a few errors.
1. The first trainer in Morty's gym has two level 100 Electrodes that replace two of her Gastly's.
2. Unlike in the Heart Gold Level Curve patch, there are no NPC's blocking the gate towards route 42 so you can sequence break like you can in the original games.

Wait what? i better look at this quick.

Update: Thanks for informing me of this. I dont know how that happened but both bugs have since been fixed. Please redownload the patch accordingly. (save files should still work in new update)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Thank you so much for making this rom hack. I'm just wondering, I can't get the level curve patch to work after applying your patch. First, I'd apply your patch to the rom, then i'd try to apply the level curve and vise versa. However both patches won't work together. What am I doing wrong?

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Thank you so much for making this rom hack. I'm just wondering, I can't get the level curve patch to work after applying your patch. First, I'd apply your patch to the rom, then i'd try to apply the level curve and vise versa. However both patches won't work together. What am I doing wrong?

You only need to apply either one. You dont need to apply both patches together. If you want the level curve patch just apply that.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
You only need to apply either one. You dont need to apply both patches together. If you want the level curve patch just apply that.

Thank you for replying! I was just wondering what's the ruins of alph side quest? Also is the purpose of the hack to make things easier? I was just wondering because I've been interested in playing this rom hack for a long time. My third question is what's the level curve for/mean? Is it to make the levels match the original gsc?

Last edited:

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen yesterday
The hack's difficulty is same as the originals. The levels in HGSS are basically the same as in GSC and i believe the level curve patch seeks to change this in a way that is less frustrating.

Mag-Mar

50% Saved Steps
Years
Are you considering any new features?

- Exp. Share with global effect.
- Hard version ( Pokemon Pyrite is a good idea to improve level fix )

Edit: I can't randomize the rom, any idea?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Thank you for replying! I was just wondering what's the ruins of alph side quest? Also is the purpose of the hack to make things easier? I was just wondering because I've been interested in playing this rom hack for a long time. My third question is what's the level curve for/mean? Is it to make the levels match the original gsc?

The ruins of alph sidequest is the same as it is in SacredGold and StormSilver (thanks to Drayano)
Basically, every 7 different unknow you capture, you are rewarded a prize:

7 different unown = TM10 (Hidden Power)
14 different unown = Up-Grade
21 different unown = Lucky Egg (highly recommended for the level curve patch)
28 different unown = Master Ball

In addition, new crafted sprites have been made for all 28 unown.
BY31EWc.png

Are you considering any new features?

- Exp. Share with global effect.
- Hard version ( Pokemon Pyrite is a good idea to improve level fix )

Edit: I can't randomize the rom, any idea?

The rom is incompatible with the randomizer, you will have to geth the creator to add support to it.

As for new features:

Hard version is basically the level curve patch. I wont be making any other difficulty changes.

Global Exp.share is not going to be created, i feel its inclusion Gen 6 ruined the "effort factor" of raison pokemon.

Finally, I will be inserting reusable TMs once I figure out how. There is no set date for this so you will have to wait and see...;)

Back