• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: HGSS Golden Edition

Years
  • Age 107
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
How many Pokemons are obtainable? This post doesn't mention anything at all.

Also, you mentioned it was made as close as possible for the original gen 2 version, does that mean you can also buy elemental punches TM in Goldenrod?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
How many Pokemons are obtainable? This post doesn't mention anything at all.

Also, you mentioned it was made as close as possible for the original gen 2 version, does that mean you can also buy elemental punches TM in Goldenrod?

With regards to the Pokemon - I'm pretty sure the wild catch locations et al were left unchanged since it's designed to be similar to the original experience, with only quality of life changes. I might be wrong though!

Years
  • Age 107
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
With regards to the Pokemon - I'm pretty sure the wild catch locations et al were left unchanged since it's designed to be similar to the original experience, with only quality of life changes. I might be wrong though!

In short, this hack look like it has everything except all 493 pokemons? What a shame...

Years
  • Age 107
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
oh god , why Cianwood tutor has low kick instead of brick break, so now where do you get brick break ... oh gosh.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Nov 15, 2022
Hi, is the metal coat available in the Goldenrod game corner? I don't see it listed in the first post that lists the evolutionary items that are usually held during trade to evolve

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 107
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
Hi, is the metal coat available in the Goldenrod game corner? I don't see it listed in the first post that lists the evolutionary items that are usually held during trade to evolve

You can get it after you beat elite 4 and gotten ss ship ticket, complete the missing girl quest and the npc will give it to you.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 8, 2023
Is it possible to catch all event Pokemon in this version and if not would that be a relatively simple hack for someone to apply to this hack themselves?

This hack is amazing and I wanted to go for a complete Johto/Kanto dex without a second cart/rom but I wasn't sure if some of the starters for example were locked behind events and do not appear in the wild.

Again, stellar work on this!

Years
Is it possible to remove the HM's to advance more comfortably in the adventure?
(Sorry if my English is not very good, I am using a translator)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 10, 2023
This QoL hack is awesome, played all the way to 5th badge and I'm loving every single part of it

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 15, 2023
I seem to be having difficulty patching. Every time I use the normal or the level patch, they give me blank files that aren't .ds. I used the rom from this link to patch and it still doesn't work. Is there any advice you can give me?

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2023
okay i've gotten like 3 different roms and this works on none of them. all of them have been eu roms one specifically says v10 e

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Hey so I am experiencing an issue with SoulSilver. For some reason, the game goes to a red screen crash sometimes when I enter/exit buildings or battles. HeartGold works perfectly fine, but SoulSilver has this issue entirely. I tried the game out normally without the patch and it works fine, so its no doubt in my mind the patch. Loading it specifically through NDS Bootstrap.

Unfortunately I got the same issue with Soulsilver, I tried the patch with different Roms but none worked. However on my Android Emulator it is running without any problems. I'm trying to insert the NARC files manually into the original rom, maybe this will fix the problem.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
The moves levels up levels foram alterados? Teria algum informativo sobre os pokes que tiveram essas mudanças?

Days
Is there any documentation available for the changes made in the level curve patch? I would love to play a more balanced/QOL HGSS hack like this for a nuzlocke, but I would need to know what changes have been made to the AI teams in order to do that properly. I use a level cap rule and prepare for major battles by studying the teams I'll face and coming up with an approach to defeating them, neither of which I can do if I go in blind. I saw earlier in this thread that there is documentation for the Johto gym leaders, but I would like to know if I can see it for all gym leaders, Team Rocket bosses, rival battles, E4, and champion.

(Really, documentation for every single change made would be ideal, but I'm willing to bet the amount of work for that is simply too much)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
for some reason i get data abort error when playing on latest version of twilight menu idk what is cause of it but it appears at random either by encountering wild pokemon or entering or leaving the buildings

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I'd it's hack issue please update it because for some reason it crashes at random after the update

Back