• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Useless Yellow : A gen 1 Trashlocke

KH!

Pokémon Nerd and Newbie ROM Hacker
Years
  • This is where m journey into Pokémon ROM Hacking starts

I present to you, Pokémon Useless Yellow, a Pokémon Yellow Hack. The concept here is to deprive the player from using any good Pokémon (Original concept was made by Twitch streamer Pokemonchallenges, you can check out his Pokémon Emerald Trashlocke Hack). The hack is made with Hardcore Nuzlocke rules in mind, though the player is free to play it however they want.

Main features include :
    - Radical change of Pokémon encountered in routes
    - Change in evolution levels to make some Pokémon only usable later than they could be otherwise (Many Pokémon were changed to evolve at 90, which is basically disallowing the player from using the evolved forms)
    - Some Pokémon's catch rates are raised
    - Cheap Rare candies are available in all marts (Otherwise grinding would be really painful)
    - All static encounters are now dittos, some gifts/trades are changed
    - Some moves were nerfed or the player can't access them anymore
    -Most trainer fights are mandatory now, lots of routes are now gauntlets (many routes use ledges to force the player to go through the route, gyms and Silph Co. achieve the same goal by means of Arrow Tiles)
    - No Dig, E-Rope or Teleport
    - The dialogues on some points in the games are changed
    - You still get to use Pikachewww, which is the worst hommage a Pokémon can ever get
    - And a few more things you'll discover

Link to the hack : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hpLZlukxX9mPcr1-AdMVL-Fs_3R4BJbW?usp=sharing

I would love you people to play this game I made with love and care (instead of stuff I was actually supposed to do :) ) and tell me any problems you find in it (softlockability, Balancing mistakes, cringe memes in the dialogues, you name it), I will be happy to see your feedback and improve my skills at this, though the cringe memes will most probably remain unshook

Thank Yall for reading this posts, I can't wait for your comments :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2021
    I really look forward to running this. Could you post the encounter rates for each route if you have them? Thanks.

Back