• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Where to post markup errors & coding improvement for the site?

M.E.R.255

Merry of all traits ;P
Years
  • I don't want to make programmers upset by pointing out things publicly, because I myself get quite embarrassed when someone points out to everyone how I could have improved a lot of my coding. *sweat* (Not a lot of coding on your end, you're doing great! I myself kept making a crud-load of errors. >_<) Would you have a specific section for the website development team? Or would I be allowed to just PM someone so it's private and no one will know of these issues, or rather, minor things existing?

Nothing major, just few things that I wondered could be improved or certain things the markup validator pointed out. I used to constantly look out or notice these sort of things. =) (I know you do too, heck, you're including mobile compatibility! But it's overwhelming to have a site with THAT many users and trying to make sure everyone's happy at the same time! oO I only had many 20 that were constantly active while the rest barely showed up, so editing was a breeze! =D So there is no way, even with several website developers to catch EVERYTHING! =O)

I'd probably annoy the crud out of the developers if I had access to that stuff, because I have a habit of constantly changing stuff, even if its minor, so I wanna point out instead. XD (I'd follow protocol and first ask if I could edit that stuff, but you wouldn't want like 10 PMs a day of me asking permission for every little thing. :3)

Don't get me wrong though, you guys have made a site more beautiful than I've ever had, and this looks freaking stunning here with a profile you can stylize! =D So well organized and nice to look at, you have my respect! ^^ But it's because of that that I want to help, because I want to return the favor by trying to offer my help as well, especially since I now finally have a place to talk in and share my thoughts and art in again. =)

Hope that's alright with you all. ^^

*bows down to show my respect*

PS: Just to point out how obsessed I am with editing... I edited this topic alone about 4-5 times, and edit every reply I make about 1-3 times average, just because of spelling or things I could improve with BB Codes. >~<

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Feedback & Support would be the best place I can think of to post that sort of thing publicly, but since you don't want to do so publicly, PMing one of the people who are a part of the newly made Development Team (which I assume has its own section, albeit one that only they+admins can see), which afaik right now consists of just Rainbow, Cherrim, Bebop, and Hiroshi Sotomura, would be the way to go. Bebop (Audy) and Hiroshi Sotomura (Jake) would be the best ones to go to in regards to coding/programming specific things.

M.E.R.255

Merry of all traits ;P
    Years
  • Feedback & Support would be the best place I can think of to post that sort of thing publicly, but since you don't want to do so publicly, PMing one of the people who are a part of the newly made Development Team (which I assume has its own section, albeit one that only they+admins can see), which afaik right now consists of just Rainbow, Cherrim, Bebop, and Hiroshi Sotomura, would be the way to go. Bebop (Audy) and Hiroshi Sotomura (Jake) would be the best ones to go to in regards to coding/programming specific things.

Hmm... I'm a little afraid though because what if they feel bothered with me contacting them without giving me the permission to? *sweat* I don't know their personalities so I wouldn't know whether or not they would get upset at a new guy trying to point stuff out and make them think that I'm just trying to be rude and challenge their skills or so. =O I just want to help, seeing how I've been doing coding for probably a few years and was hoping I could put my skills to good use to, you know? ^^ Back when I had a forum, I seriously wanted to have users who could aid me, but instead I had to run the entire coding part myself, which lead me to miss a lot of errors I made. >#<

PS: Thank you for saying my English is good in the art section, by the way! ^o^ I'm glad you think this way! ^u^ *hugs*
    PPS: I don't have much confidence in myself, so I tend to think I'm screwing up or am not performing good enough or meeting enough standards. >#<

Last edited:
    Reactions: Nah

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Nobody's gonna be annoyed by you posting coding suggestions here, don't worry. Suggestions are great! That's exactly what this section is for. If you do prefer to contact someone about it instead, that's totally fine too. I'm one of the developers here, so feel free to drop me a Private Message if you want.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Hmm... I'm a little afraid though because what if they feel bothered with me contacting them without giving me the permission to? *sweat* I don't know their personalities so I wouldn't know whether or not they would get upset at a new guy trying to point stuff out and make them think that I'm just trying to be rude and challenge their skills or so. =O I just want to help, seeing how I've been doing coding for probably a few years and was hoping I could put my skills to good use to, you know? ^^ Back when I had a forum, I seriously wanted to have users who could aid me, but instead I had to run the entire coding part myself, which lead me to miss a lot of errors I made. >#<

PS: Thank you for saying my English is good in the art section, by the way! ^o^ I'm glad you think this way! ^u^ *hugs*
    PPS: I don't have much confidence in myself, so I tend to think I'm screwing up or am not performing good enough or meeting enough standards. >#<
    Just to back up what Rainbow is saying, we don't really get upset or annoyed at people offering help/suggestions, whether it be public or via PM. Many of us like it when people actually bother to try and help.

M.E.R.255

Merry of all traits ;P
    Years
  • Nobody's gonna be annoyed by you posting coding suggestions here, don't worry. Suggestions are great! That's exactly what this section is for. If you do prefer to contact someone about it instead, that's totally fine too. I'm one of the developers here, so feel free to drop me a Private Message if you want.

Just to back up what Rainbow is saying, we don't really get upset or annoyed at people offering help/suggestions, whether it be public or via PM. Many of us like it when people actually bother to try and help.

That's a relief! ^^ Alright then, I'll submit these kind of technical questions and suggestions here, but if I do think there is something that there is something that guests shouldn't read about (so they can't exploit anything or be rude and act immature about certain things) I'll keep that in a PM, okay? ^^ *hugs both for answering me back*

PS: I love hugging, sorry! *sweat*

Back