• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Fog is red

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2022
    I was adding things from the Simple Modifications Directory, and now my fog is red.

Is there a way to fix it?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
      Untitled.png
      92.2 KB · Views: 28

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I was adding things from the Simple Modifications Directory, and now my fog is red.

Is there a way to fix it?
    Without a GitHub repository to check it's gonna be very hard to help you, specially if you don't provide any information for others to help you, like for example what changes did you actually apply.
    Since it's the fog we're talking about here, perhaps you applied this change made by Ghoulslash incorrectly?
    If you did try to apply it, try reverting it and see if that solves it.

Years
    • Seen today
    I do have a repository:
    https://github.com/klearscreen/pokeemerald-Simple-Modifications

But I did not implement Fog Blending.
    I don't know what caused it because I was just compiling without opening the game, so I only found out at the end of all commits.

The issue seems to be that sprite palette 0 is allocated to the weather but it gets overwritten by the player's palette.
    One potential fix is to add the line
    Code:
    gReservedSpritePaletteCount = 1;
    at the start of StartWeather. This prevents the weather from using the first palette.

EDIT: I took another look at the hack and noticed that reflection palettes, berry palettes and disguise palettes are also broken.
    I think the core issue is that you've implemented the old buggy version of dynamic ow palettes rather than the newer one. You might want to get the proper version instead of manually fixing all of these issues.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2022
    I'm very sorry but it's my first time using GitHub.

I tried to merge and it failed, so I reverted the merge and cannot merge again, it just says "Already up to date."
    I can't find a way of trying another merge, just reverting and redoing the same merge, but I want to try other conflict resolutions.

Could you help me?

Back