• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hi!

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2023
    Hello everyone!

My name is Gabrielle, and I'm new to the world of rom hacking. I'm working on my first project together with my friend dr_krystal.
    It's nice to meet you all! I'm hoping to make cool things!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello everyone!

My name is Gabrielle, and I'm new to the world of rom hacking. I'm working on my first project together with my friend dr_krystal.

Hi and welcome to PC, Gabrielle! I see you have an account that has been in existence for more than 4 years, haha. Took you this long to start posting? ;)

What is your project like?

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2023
    Hi and welcome to PC, Gabrielle! I see you have an account that has been in existence for more than 4 years, haha. Took you this long to start posting? ;)

What is your project like?

It has indeed been in existance for that long, I must have created it way back, probably just to download some rom hacks.

Me and krystal's project is currently an improvement hack of Fire Red! We've been working hard on it for the past few weeks!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It has indeed been in existance for that long, I must have created it way back, probably just to download some rom hacks.

Me and krystal's project is currently an improvement hack of Fire Red! We've been working hard on it for the past few weeks!

Yeah, I think a lot of people make those haha. It's impressive that you could recover it and use it today :D

Ah, retouching an old classic, that sounds good :3 Will be exciting to see what you come up with. Must be nice to have a good partner to work with also. Good luck!

Years
  • Hello and good luck with your rom hack!

Is an improvement hack mainly just like updating/changing game mechanics or are you also like adding moves and mons from later gens?

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2023
    Hello and good luck with your rom hack!

Is an improvement hack mainly just like updating/changing game mechanics or are you also like adding moves and mons from later gens?

Thank you! It is meant to be an update and rebalancing, but without significantly altering the original feel. A bunch of new mechanics are added and updated, of course! It just doesn't massively overhaul the core experience. It also has a strong focus on rebalancing the weird original level curve to flow better!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hello everyone!

Hi Gabrielle! Welcome to PC! Best of luck to you and your ROM Hack! I'm sure it's going to turn out great. :)

Back